SteamVR

SteamVR

SteamVR Workshop
Customize your SteamVR experience by finding new backgrounds, 3D environments, controllers and base station models.
Learn More
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Lawrence 1 May 19, 2017 @ 3:07pm
SteamVR Home Beta - Workshop Updates
As you may have heard, we are updating and adding a bunch of functionality to the SteamVR launch experience. If not, you can read about it here. Here is what this means for the SteamVR Workshop.

SteamVR Beta
  • Players opted into the SteamVR Beta will still have access to all current environments and backgrounds submitted to the Workshop so far.
  • These environments have gone through a conversion process, and players are able to take advantage of the new SteamVR Home features, like teleporting, customization, interaction and socializing.
  • Creators opted into SteamVR Beta will be able to use the new SteamVR Workshop Tools to create new environments. To get started, visit the SteamVR Workshop Tools Wiki.
  • The Controller skin workshop is not yet available in SteamVR Home Beta, and is actively being worked on.

SteamVR Public
  • This remains the same - creators can continue to submit environments, backgrounds, and controllers
  • Any new environments will be converted to SteamVR Home enhanced environments once it's out of beta.
  • When we flip SteamVR Beta to Public, the old SteamVR Workshop path will be closed, and all creators will need to use the new SteamVR Workshop Tools to submit backgrounds, environments, and controllers.

We look forward to seeing what the community creates!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
after the update I saw that only environments/backgrounds can be uploaded to the workshop (not controllers like I'm trying to do currently) so I switched to opt-out of the steamVR beta. My issue is that after opting out, I still have all of the steamVR Beta workshop options "browse workshop, upload new background, modify existing background, create/modify environment". HOW DO I GET IT TO GIVE ME THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CONTROLLER????? THANK YOU!
How do we upload controllers now? the option disappeared from the menu. all I can do now is upload backgrounds or environments.
Aaron Purr Jun 21, 2017 @ 1:47pm 
Still same question as above: How do you upload Controller skins?
I cannot find the steamvr_point_clientui_steamvr_world_panel entity needed to add the quick panels to an environment. Can we update the Hammer editor?
Rectus 13 Aug 2, 2017 @ 6:11am 
The class name is just point_clientui_steamvr_world_panel.
Thanks, I see it now. Next conundrum - in the Object Properties box for the panel, it only has Transform, Name, Misc and panel_type. The wiki shows a lot more in the window, like layout XML, width/height/DPI, Interact Distance etc. I selected 'show hidden attributes' but nothing else appears.
Rectus 13 Aug 2, 2017 @ 3:08pm 
That's for the generic point_clientui_world_panel entity, the steamvr variety only lets you select from the three presets.
Formic.Sapien 11 Nov 11, 2017 @ 4:46pm 
Still no way to upload custom controller models? I'm assuming that the plan right now is to have SteamVR Home replace the "boot" environment, but until it does completely, can we please have the ability to continue to make weapon models?
Calimero 0euf 4 Jun 22, 2018 @ 4:35pm 
How do you upload controllers skins and models ???????
IbuprofenAddict 3 Jun 25, 2018 @ 6:03pm 
you cant anymore :steamsad:
GuinhOOver Dec 10, 2018 @ 7:24am 
DEPOIS DA ATUALIZAÇÃO DO STEAM VR NAO APARECE MAIS A OPÇÃO DE ATIVAR O STEAM VR AQUI, E NAO CONSIGO MAIS USAR MEU PSVR COM O TRINUS
Last edited by GuinhOOver; Dec 10, 2018 @ 7:24am
逸哲 Dec 25, 2018 @ 8:32am 
good
MaksimysTV Feb 18, 2019 @ 9:41am 
good:steamhappy:
It's almost been 2 years and we still can't upload skins for the base stations / controllers.. :rcry:
It's funny, for me, the controllers never worked. I got all the cool different skins, but I could never load them up, only the default windows mixed reality controllers or the gloved hands. (The ones I've always been using for now.)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 25 comments
Per page: 1530 50