Robbery Apr 20, 2021 @ 2:58am
Scram Turned Into Shrek 5
So i was in a discord call today with some friends and was looking at my steam library and i saw a game called Shrek 5 so i asked them what it was and we found out it was scram what happened to that game someone said it got hacked but me and my friends are thinking how does a game on steam get hacked like even the review from a fake ign is a joke what happened to scram and why is it Shrek 5 now?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
brian9824 Apr 20, 2021 @ 5:24am 
Try posting on the game's discussion forum
Hanomaly Apr 20, 2021 @ 5:49am 
Also read the reviews of "Shrek 5", people there talk about what happened. The game forum is likely a good place too, as Brian said.

Where you are posting now is not a forum specific to any game, and so, most here will not have heard of Scram or know any information.
wuddih Apr 20, 2021 @ 7:21am 
Partners(everyone with products on Steam) use Steam accounts to access their stuff. So if they get compromised, such things can happen ... or it is just a rogue dev that no longer cares about reputation.

Both are a very rare occurrence.
Kovicrisi17 [HUN] Apr 21, 2021 @ 3:26am 
The devs made it shrek 5 for april fools day but they had forgotten about the game apparently
koperciorz Apr 21, 2021 @ 3:40am 
papież polak
Insomnia Apr 21, 2021 @ 3:50am 
Seems the games been removed off steam now.
TJPower Apr 23, 2021 @ 7:26pm 
Originally posted by Insomnia:
yeah, I pressed store page and it just brought me to the store, it is still called Shrek 5
Last edited by TJPower; Apr 23, 2021 @ 7:26pm
angellodiaper Apr 30, 2021 @ 4:50pm 
I see the game too and I'm confused
Start_Running Apr 30, 2021 @ 4:52pm 
Looks like the game got yeeted.
crunchyfrog Apr 30, 2021 @ 6:42pm 
Originally posted by Ferris:
Originally posted by Insomnia:
yeah, I pressed store page and it just brought me to the store, it is still called Shrek 5

In that case, it was likely they changed that named as an April Fools Joke, but were unable to change it back before they got booted off Steam.

So it'll stay that way.
Dr.Shadowds 🐉 Apr 30, 2021 @ 10:57pm 
I wouldn't be surprised if DreamWorks DMCA the game, or just that Steam didn't want to get into trouble with them, as it is copyright infringement, and selling which is the worse part so make sense for Steam to action on it.

Either way, if dev did it as a joke, should've know business industry may not take copyright infringement lightly.
crunchyfrog May 1, 2021 @ 4:51pm 
Originally posted by Dr.Shadowds 🐉:
I wouldn't be surprised if DreamWorks DMCA the game, or just that Steam didn't want to get into trouble with them, as it is copyright infringement, and selling which is the worse part so make sense for Steam to action on it.

Either way, if dev did it as a joke, should've know business industry may not take copyright infringement lightly.

Yup, seems a bit bloody immature to think that "relax legal guys, I wasn't REALLY committing copyright theft as it was just a prank" would fly.

Probably indicates a fair amount about how their business dealings may be.
crunchyfrog May 1, 2021 @ 4:55pm 
Originally posted by davidb11:
On the other hand, getting angry over an April Fool's day prank is a good way to get your legal team to instantly quit out of spite. :P

Seriously, even lawyers have a limit.

Yup.

That's pretty much what I was getting at with the "business dealings" thing. I'd imagine if that's their idea of a joke they can just bung out there, then they either aren't a decent company of any kind, or if they are truly a company with employees then they must be ♥♥♥♥ bosses.
crunchyfrog May 1, 2021 @ 5:04pm 
I'm confused.
I'm saying Dreamwork's legal team would quit out of spite over Dreamworks getting angry at an April Fool's day joke.

It's not really something any company could ever actually survive doing. :P
THeir legal team would quit, and then sue them out of spite for every thing that could possibly be sued for. :P

Now, was it a terrible joke, yes. Yes it was.
But hardly worth trying to have the devs of the game charged at the Hague, which is what you want apparently. :P

No, we're obviously talking crossed wires.

What I'm talking about is that I don't CARE about whether they';re charged. The point is that it IS a dumb idea to think something as obvious as copyright theft can be passed off as a joke. Not just because they should fear somone like Dreamworks, but because the piggy-in-the-middle, Valve, would understandly say "woah, hot potato - we're not touching that and becoming liable".

You see the problem?

And I assure you it would be NO biggie for dreamworks legal team to just bung out a standard cease and desist letter. Legal teams do this all day, even for REALLY trivial stuff. Heaven knows I did more than a few in my time.

Frankly, they don't care because they know it'll never come to any work.
crunchyfrog May 1, 2021 @ 5:09pm 
Alright. I See. Sorry for my confusion.

I also keep forgetting Lawyers don't have a conscious. :P I'm kidding!

Exactly! And NEVER go accusing or even intimating that I have a soul, conscience or even smile - I have a grumpy reputation to uphold and I will cease and desist your arse!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Apr 20, 2021 @ 2:58am