Stellaris

Stellaris

ST: New Horizons
This topic has been locked
Shaggo  [developer] Feb 4, 2017 @ 9:44am
Version 0.9a Release Discussion
We are very proud to announce the release of our Alpha 0.9, it is the largest update yet in the history of the award-winning mod, Star Trek New Horizons. With exciting new mechanics that will allow you to customize your ships, spaceports and empire the way you want them, 0.9 sets a new frontier for us as we prepare ourselves for the next stage – beta 0.1. A huge thank you to the entire team and of course to the community! You have made this journey possible!​

· New ship design UI, with new icons, components and textures, all in the spirit of Star Trek, with the beloved and well recognized division symbols.

· Ship specialization system – unlock unique and powerful sections for your ships via
specialized research, allowing you to decide whatever you want to make your
battlecruiser into a long-range artillery ship, or a powerful support unit.

· More ships! Over fourty new ships, including an entire new roster of ships for the Ferengi, overhaul for the Dominion, Cardassian and Andorian ships, several new federation ships and our very first Tellarite designs! Romulans and Klingons have also advanced to the TNG era, with a collection of new ships. That’s not all – ALL other ships have received a significant graphics overhaul, with new lighting, effects and textures.

· Beautiful space combat: completely new ship behavior settings as well as striking weapon effects will make our fleet combat even more amazing than ever before.

· More weapons! Different species will now specialize in either cannon or beam
weapons, with appropriate techs and sections. All weapons, including torpedos,
are now available in light or heavy configurations, with different tactical
advantages to each. You now have over 300 weapons to choose from.

· More species! Meet the Kraylor, Denobulans, Cheronite, Xindi and Rigellians, as they join our ever-growing cast of over fifty species!

· More planets! A complete overhaul of our planet systems, using Starfleet Planetary designations. Over fifty planet types, with unique textures and tile-sets – with the help of Gatekeeper, of the Planetary diversity mod. Our new planetary system also includes an overhaul to habitability and terraforming, with unique terraforming chains for non-humanoid species such as Tholians, Sheliak and Changelings (as well as those dastardly, enigmatic Breen!

· More choices! Re-designed our edict and policy trees, as well as overhauled the
ground combat system. Be ready for unique armies and attachment options!

· More words! Corrected, improved and expanded
localization in German, French and Russian.

· More stations! For too long have defense stations languished under inattention. Now they are returned, in all their glory. Would you build fields of defense satellites or powerful deep space installations? Drydocks would repair your ships, listening posts will spy for you while mine fields – yes, we have mine fields, with their own unique model – will pummel your enemies. Rom will be proud.

· More Federation Members! As we begin to roll out unique mechanics for each of the many species in New Horizons, it is no wonder the Federation are first on the line. Meet the Federation Council - a periodic event that will allow you to decide how to govern your vast alliance of species. Will you invite new members? Boost your production? Try to diffuse galactic tension? The choice is yours! (v0.8.5)

· More Espionage! As the federation grows stronger, the secret order of the Romulan Tal Shiar plans its downfall… a new espionage and sabotage mechanic has been developed, allowing the Romulans to do harm to their enemies from afar. Will you destroy their fleets? Or go after their infrastructure? Of course, the Tal Shiar are not the only organization… and the Obsidian Order is about to teach those pointy-ears how it’s done.

· More internal wars! After the Federation council and the Romulan Tal Shiar comes the Klingon empires. Rivalries between houses is common and can lead to civil war, but also to great victories. Are you ready to take over the empire? (v0.8.5)

· More galaxies! Due to popular demand, we have added even more map modes and
sizes, with maps focusing on just the alpha-beta quadrants at different sizes –
perfect for fun, quick multiplayer engagements or less powerful computers. That is not all – the map is now full of dangerous creatures, and who knows what is hiding in the center of the galaxy?

· Better performance! Eliminated thousands of errors and bugs, cleaned up the code to include less references to vanilla game files, cut down on the overall code of the game by a significant margin and in general made the game a lot more responsive, even on low-level PC’s and during large fleet engagements.

· Larger starbases! Customize and expand your starbases in an innovative new system, where the modules you choose to build appear visually alongside your starbase. Would you build external defenses against your enemies? Or maybe a powerful long-range observatory?

· Bigger story! Prepare to face exciting new stories and narratives for the Humans, Klingons and Kazon. The Xindi are here, in all their multi-species terror, the Undine are ready to unleash havoc on the galaxy, the Mirror universe is lurking behind the glass, Terra Prime is stirring and the Skorr are
amassing for their Jihad…

· New Soundtrack! With collaboration with Samo Studios, we now have a wonderful new
soundtrack, as well as several new music tracks that will accompany our existing music features.

· Expanded tech tree! We completely over-hauled our tech tree… again! Rebuilt based on player feedback, our tech tree now includes over 700 technologies, with
interesting and unique specialization paths that allow you to choose your own
path.

That is not all…

· Additional improvements to the federation mechanics, making it easier to form the federation, and far more interesting mechanics once you establish it…

· Stronger and more versatile AI, with a Borg threat capable of taking over the galaxy and vicious enemies that will use the very best of the sections, weapons and components we have against you.

· Beautiful new loading screens.
· and much more
< >
Showing 1-15 of 73 comments
Akira04 Feb 4, 2017 @ 10:06am 
Is it already out? Steam dont show me a new version (last update 12. Jan. um 2:36 Uhr) and download is the older version, too.

Shaggo  [developer] Feb 4, 2017 @ 10:07am 
its still uploading... huge update :steamhappy:
Akira04 Feb 4, 2017 @ 10:11am 
Ok :D
I'm realy exicting
Shaggo  [developer] Feb 4, 2017 @ 10:12am 
its live now. hope you guys enjoy! :steamhappy:
Akira04 Feb 4, 2017 @ 10:13am 
I love this mod. :)
CornishRatBeard Feb 4, 2017 @ 10:19am 
thanks you very much guys! :)
Bony Feb 4, 2017 @ 10:29am 
poke_ravi Feb 4, 2017 @ 10:53am 
You deserve an award for this!
Kosh Naranek Feb 4, 2017 @ 11:32am 
This mod is amazing! Keep it up guys!
Prometheus Feb 5, 2017 @ 10:21am 
What have you changed in 0.9 with respect to pop migration rules? In 0.8. my humans would get lots of alien migrants early from all the friendly races around, which made the slow breeder trait tolerable. In 0.9 I can't get any migrants to come to my planets as the United Earth (although some of my own pops have left for the Ferengi). Trying to figure out what's changed or what I'm doing wrong on the migration front. Thanks for the great mod!
Banjo Feb 5, 2017 @ 10:45am 
I have noticed quite a bit of slow down in my new game in 0.9, and i only have 5 planets so far, with the mod its been maxing out my CPU. I only have star trek NH installed so I have no other mods that could be messing it up.
WraithKind Feb 5, 2017 @ 2:51pm 
Can't edit my races now? Please tell us how we can re-enable that capability.
Locutus von Borg Feb 5, 2017 @ 4:30pm 
the new update is just sick... i played the borg cause i were so bored ... and then BAM new update :D awsome
Harel Feb 5, 2017 @ 4:42pm 
You can not re-enable it, Wraith. We do not support custom empires.
Frosty Feb 5, 2017 @ 4:54pm 
While playing united earth in a random map, after researching destroyer or cruiser, i can't design them...
< >
Showing 1-15 of 73 comments
Per page: 1530 50