Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Heroes of All Stars V9 (Obsolete)
epic  [розробник] 27 верес. 2013 о 17:09
Bug Report
Post bugs here.

Known issues:
This MOD require BNW and Heroes of Might and Wisdom, don't forget to subscribe it here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=179423841

How to Post a Bug(taking from Ingame Editor, thanks for DonQuiche):
The infos I need
Do you play on PC or Mac?
Do you have the Gods & Kings expansion or not?
Is it a legal and up-to-date version? Please be honest, there are no FBI agents lurking on forums, they have better ways anyway.
A description of the problem.
A screenshot may help or not, it's up to you to decide.
If the problem is caused by a mod, the mod's name, version, and where you got it ("steam workshop" or an url).
LUA's error message if you got one, a LUA log otherwise. The log is always better but the error message is often enough.

Making a LUA log when needed
Close civilization V.
Open config.ini with the notepad (My Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5)
Search for the line "LoggingEnabled = 0" and replace it with "LoggingEnabled = 1". Do the same with "EnableLuaDebugLibrary = 0": set it to 1. If this line does not exist, add it before LoggingEnabled.
Save config.ini and close
Start civilization V.
Start a new game with MOD enabled, open it and reproduce the problem.
Close civilization V (may not be necessary, not sure, you may check for an error line at the bottom of the log)
Add lua.log in your post, either as an attachment (compressed to zip or renamed to lua.txt), or within a spoiler markup.
If you don't know how to attach a file to your post, click "go advanced" to use the advanced edition mode, then click "manage attachments".

Then post your lua log at:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=509427
Автор останньої редакції: epic; 4 жовт. 2013 о 17:01
< >
Показані коментарі 115 із 39
I just updated both your hero mods to the latest versions. I'm not entirely sure if it came from this mod or the original, but since the bug report here is still so empty I'll post here just in case ^^

PC windows 7
G&K, BNW and gold extention
everything just updated

When a hero goes on an ancient ruin he can choose the buff as normal (I use the ancient language mod, that enables the promotion choice to all civs scouts in case that's not regular), when my scout goes on an ancient ruin nothing happens.
I checked the lua log (going to post it as well if you want to) and it gave me this error line:

[16419.276] Runtime Error: C:\Users\User\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\Heroes of Might and Wisdom (v 4)\LUA\HeroesUtils.lua:1395: attempt to index local 'hero' (a nil value)

I guess that means it checked what hero the regular scout unit was and didn't find the value.
Need the complete log?
epic  [розробник] 5 жовт. 2013 о 1:42 
thanks for the log, seem the mod assume it's a hero unit, will find out and fix the bug
Quick Info:

PC
G&K + BNW + Gold Extension
100% Legit game purchased straight off steam.

Amazing Mod!! Only issue is whenever I hit turn 120 the game crashes. This happens everytime, I tried every race and every game setting (from 2 player map to huge 12 player map) I tried saving before hand and loading but can never get past turn 120. : (
Автор останньої редакції: J; 6 жовт. 2013 о 10:23
epic  [розробник] 6 жовт. 2013 о 17:23 
crash bugs are hard to debug
can you post a save file before crash at here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=509427
I'll try to find out the bug
epic  [розробник] 14 жовт. 2013 о 18:50 
will find out the bug about supply
Hey, remember my issues about the social policies? Here:
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006543623/screenshots/
you should see some screens of the social policies. I'm not sure which should have changed effects and which not so i took shots of randompolicies. Maybe you should post a complete list of the social policy changes to the mod's discription, also I guess this might be an issue do to my game version (the german) still.
epic  [розробник] 22 жовт. 2013 о 22:28 
thanks for the reports
I'll update for the german language tag to use the english text in next version
just a small issue in spelling mistakes for idealogys you put xel-nage and for kerrigian the second city you settle is supoust to be zerus but its insteed zasz
Цитата допису Square Lemons:
for kerrigian the second city you settle is supoust to be zerus but its insteed zasz

I made the suggestion to epic that Zerus be taken out of the Zerg civilization and made a city-state. Here is my reasoning: Zerus was actually the original Zerg homeworld before Char, and while the Overmind started there, it was also filled with primal Zerg that didn't abide by the Overmind or Kerrigan (as noticed in Heart of the Swarm when you have multiple fights with the native zerg). Thus, I feel it is better to make it a neutral city-state than a city on the civilization. Please let me know if you disagree!

I also suggested the same thing for Protoss bands like the Tal'darim and Lost Tribe and another Zerg/Terran research center: Braxis. Same for the Terran rogue groups/cities of Avernus Station, Dead Man's Port, Skygeirr Platform, Moria, Kimera, and Umoja.
Автор останньої редакції: townkrier; 13 листоп. 2013 о 22:36
In my game, a bunch of the cities that are supposed to have apostrophies ( ' ) have quotation marks ( " ) by accident. I noticed this on Tal'darim (as Tal"darim), Dead Man's Port, and several other Protoss and various cities.
System: PC
Expansions: Have G&K + BNW
Legalism: Legitimate game from Steam, fully updated with the latest patch.

There is a huge problem when upgrading heroes to sea units. At the moment they are upgraded, you can briefly see the vision of the unit expand from its embarked land unit vision to a full ship's vision, but this only lasts for a split-second before going back to the same vision it had when embarked. From that point on, the heroic sea unit retains the exact same vision, lowered defense, and slow movement speed that any embarked land unit has, which is pathetic compared to regular sea units.

I am nearly certain that I already know what the problem is, but I will provide you with the log as well. It seems clear to me that the reason this is happening is that heroes keep all of the positive or neutral promotions they had from the previous unit when upgrading to a new unit. For this reason, the heroes keep the embarked promotion even as a sea unit, which overrides normal movement, defense, and vision rules.

The nice thing about this is that it lets me do things like upgrade to submarine, then upgrade to infantry to have a powerful land unit that has a 75% attack bonus and is invisible to enemy units. Not sure if this was an intentional feature or not, but I like it.

Log link: forums.civfanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=365061&d=1385061420
Another thing: Lordaeron's Trade Ships cannot improve oil in the ocean, even after Refrigeration is researched. This applies to the same log I linked before, but I forgot to mention it. Although, I doubt it is a LUA error so much as simply a forgotten feature.
epic  [розробник] 25 листоп. 2013 о 2:55 
thanks for the report, I forget to add oil in xml, will fix in next version
One small bug:

New heroes that you buy have movement/actions available to them the same turn, but revived heroes that you buy do not have movement/actions available. I think it would be good to actually treat hired heroes of any kind like hired units and not let them move/act until next turn. Currently, heroes could be abused by just keeping a pile of money on defense, and if an AI attacks just hire 3-4 hires and wipe the enemy.
@townkrier: I don't see a problem with instant move. You can do a similar thing with landsknechts even in the normal game. Besides, what's really the difference between killing them on the first turn or the second turn of war? Also, the saving up money to buy heroes in emergencies strategy balances itself out by the fact that if you're saving that much money, you're neglecting to buy city-state allies.
Автор останньої редакції: HiddenSquire; 2 груд. 2013 о 2:35
< >
Показані коментарі 115 із 39
На сторінку: 1530 50