The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Castle Volkihar Redux - A Player Home
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 19, 2013 @ 10:56pm
Known Mod Conflicts
LIST OF NON COMPATIBLE MOD'S WITH CASTLE VOLKIHAR REDUX

If you think you've found a mod that is not compatible, please post it here.

SKYRIM SPECIAL EDITION !!! ATTENTION!!! Many of the mods that once were not compatible might now be compatible as I have eliminated much of those possible conflicts. For instance, OPEN CITIES SSE now works with Castle Volkihar Redux SSE.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The mods listed below are known to conflict with Castle Volkihar Redux mod.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AFT Follower mod. Draugr guards or other followers may stop responding to commands if a mod such as AFT Followers is installed. Any mod that changes base game scripts that another mod relies on will see issues like this. Although it is not game breaking it can be an annoyance. One must choose which mod to use.
* Hearthfires. Moving your spouse into hearthfires homes will not be an option when using this mod.
* Open Cities
* Bones and Skeletons Re texture
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Nov 9, 2016 @ 2:22pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 70 comments
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jan 11, 2014 @ 2:06am 
Bones and skeletion textures is not compatible with Dawnguard, so it is not compatible with CVR. It will cause some soul cairn mobs such as the wrathman and mistman skeleton's to be invisible.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=211751933&searchtext=bones
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Jun 20, 2014 @ 2:13am
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jan 11, 2014 @ 2:11am 
MUST READ!

Having issues where NPC's attack you or won't listen to commands like GO AWAY? That is because you installed a mod that conflicts with Skyrim or other mods.

You might be able to fix some mod conflicts by following these directions:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/129969995/846966336549220989/#c846966336549568886

Installing mods that change original Skyrim game files that other mods rely on. When this happens the conflicting mods may break your game save or cause NPC's not to respond."

Remember, amateurs are making mods that have no professional education in computer programming or software engineering. So they have no idea how dependencies work when creating mods using a source tool like "The Creation Kit for Skyrim", and that is where 99.9% of all problems in the modding community occur! Authors often do the worst thing they can possibly do, that is to take a base script (or script values) in the game and change it.

Mod authors should always make a copy and rename it so it's completely different. Thereby keeping any changes local to the mod. If they change Skyrim's base files, other mods or even the game looks for broken values or scripts that are missing or changed. This wrecks your save and causes symptoms like friendly NPC's attacking or not responding.

Below is a list of mod examples that will most likely cause an issue like this. Why? Because they change Skyrim's base follower values and scripts. This doesn't mean they are bad mods. That is not what I am saying. What I am saying is YOU THE USER OF MODS must make a choice which mods you are going to install over other ones. Because you can't just blindly and frivolously install any mod without due diligence. Mod conflicts will see to that. Computer gaming with amateur mods requires using your head and learning and making educated decisions or even guesses.

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/browse/?appid=72850&searchtext=multiple+follower&childpublishedfileid=0&browsesort=textsearch&section=home
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Jun 20, 2016 @ 11:33am
rpgkat Jan 26, 2014 @ 12:36pm 
I think Breezehome Completely Updated doesn't work with this...or at least it doesn't for me. I posted on that forum too.
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jan 26, 2014 @ 3:57pm 
Could you send a link to the mod? Is it this one? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132876013

What problems do you have? And why do you think it is not compatible?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Jan 26, 2014 @ 3:58pm
rpgkat Jan 26, 2014 @ 4:32pm 
That is the exact one... I ended up uninstalling it but when they were both running I had static sound and lag and locking up. I love them both but am keeping the castle atm. I went mod by mod loading and unloading (I only have 3 others Build Your Own Home and Pinetree Lodge) no sound issues when these are running with the Castle and no locking up or ctd.
The only thing I can think of is that the basement of that house is close enough to the landing site for your teleport there in Whiterun.
rpgkat Jan 26, 2014 @ 4:36pm 
BTW I am totally impressed by your prompt response!!! More Kudoes to you ! Thanks again. Awesome developer.
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jan 26, 2014 @ 6:57pm 
Well no one else has mentioned this out of over 17,000 subscribers. So I have to think maybe there is a corruption in your save or something else going on there. That mod is very popular and Im sure many of my subscribers use it.

So in short this sounds like it may not be that mod. I tested this and no issues.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Jan 25, 2016 @ 9:19am
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jan 26, 2014 @ 7:15pm 
Also, I am reading through his description and there are quite a few things you might have to do. Console commands, selling back your kitchen. Sounds like there could be some script conflicts going on there.
rpgkat Jan 27, 2014 @ 2:26pm 
Thanks again :) !
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jan 27, 2014 @ 4:56pm 
Let me know if you find a solution, that is if you fix it I need to know. Thanks.
rpgkat Jan 31, 2014 @ 1:31pm 
Thanks!!!!
BIGB Apr 14, 2014 @ 6:45pm 
I am past the quest to have this mod but for some reason it wont work. I am pretty new at the PC gaming and mods in a general. I am certain this is an operator error. I really want this mod PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Apr 15, 2014 @ 7:00am 
brentbell91, do you have the following requirements filled?

REQUIREMENTS

1.) Must have the Dawnguard DLC purchased and installed
2.) Install anytime but, castle wont upgrade until you complete "Touching the Sky"[elderscrolls.wikia.com] (get Auriels bow)
3.) Doesnt matter if you choose vampire or dawnguard side
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Apr 15, 2014 @ 7:04am
BIGB Apr 15, 2014 @ 12:23pm 
Yes to all 3. I have even use it on the sun twice. the sun wont stay that way. is it not supose to?
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Apr 16, 2014 @ 9:43pm 
What exactly is not working about this mod? The castle doesnt upgrade? If not follow these instructions:
http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/129969995/846966336549220989/#c792923684263166303
< >
Showing 1-15 of 70 comments
Per page: 1530 50