LastOneAlive Dec 22, 2014 @ 1:32am
Vibrating Mouse
I'd be surprised if gaming companies HAVENT thought of a vibrating gaming mouse yet.
I'd like one. I like the satisfying feel of feeling the gun kickback in shooters with my controller - but alas- if i actually want to have a fighting chance i need the accuracy of the mouse.

I NEED A VIBRATING GAMING MOUSE!
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
 KARR™ Dec 22, 2014 @ 5:17am 
It was tried many years ago but didn't catch on.

Part of the issue is that with a gamepad the entire thing shakes and even if your hand is moved a foot to the left, your aim doesn't move because your entire hand goes with it. With a mouse, when it starts vibrating, that's your aim gone as the mouse itself is moving away from where you are pointing. An analogy would be if the analogue sticks started vibrating independently of the controller itself.

If they did bring it back, you'd end up with professional players not wanting the vibrate so they can keep a true straight aim and people who play VERY casually not wanting to spend the extra money to get the vibrations, with a small group in the middle maybe buying them.
Last edited by  KARR™; Dec 22, 2014 @ 5:18am
wuddih Dec 22, 2014 @ 5:23am 
already had that. worst crap ever. you don't want vibrating things on a table.
Laptop Dec 22, 2014 @ 7:28am 
They're a nice idea but mice work different to joysticks on a game controller.
LastOneAlive Dec 23, 2014 @ 1:08am 
Yeah I got over it. I'll just continue playing BF4 with the mouse. Maybe story mode with the controller.
BloodShed Dec 23, 2014 @ 1:37am 
The Logitech Wingman force feedback mouse was the only mouse to my knowledge the had force feedback.

http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-WingMan-Force-Feedback-Mouse/dp/B00001W01Z

I remember trying a demo in a shop long ago. It's a terrible product for the following reasons:

1) The mouse is mounted to that mouse-pad with an "analog" arm that delivers the force feedback and tracks motion.

2) Movement is restricted to the confines of that pad, which is quite small.
Last edited by BloodShed; Dec 23, 2014 @ 1:39am
DButcha Jun 1, 2015 @ 12:14pm 
Almost a year later sorry for bringing this lifeless thread up. Honestly i think a vibrating feedback could be great. All complaints against this idea are that it will mess up your aim or shake the table. You have to realize that you can't just stick an xbox rumble motor in a mouse, of course thats ♥♥♥♥♥ stupid, the motor needs to be like 10 times smaller. A small enough motor to make a vibration you can feel but not shake the mouse while its just sitting there. Just because this was implemented 10 years ago and didn't work doesn't mean the idea isn't great. 1 implementation isn't fully representative of an idea. Look at VR, isn't that making a resurgence? All i'm saying is that sure it would be a novelty item and a low percentage of ppl would buy it, the cs players won't get it but tell me what hardcore cs players buy, because afaik they already have everything they need to play cs for 20 more years. There's plenty other profitable fps games with communities that would welcome this kind of immersion. Sure maybe it isn't worth going through all the effort just to make a mice vibrate, but companies already go through the trouble to put stupid a$$ lights on a mouse that do nothing. If a company is trying to make a mouse stand out this seems like a great way to do that, they could even make the feature optional through complementary software. Anyway i'm sorry, you probably hate me for digging up this thread. I sincerely apologize.
Last edited by DButcha; Jun 1, 2015 @ 12:17pm
LastOneAlive Jun 1, 2015 @ 12:39pm 
If you look at the bottom of your mouse you see rubber pads. Four, if it's anything like my mouse, they should put in the vibrators above that or place one in the center at the underneath the top of the mouse. With the option to turn it off if need be. People imagine clicking a mouse and it jumping all over the place because of vibration. That's the extreme. I just imagine a little feel to help with immersion. Instead I just feel bored rather quickly on lack of the aspect.

Right now I'm playing the Witcher 3 with the controller, those subtle vibrations make it so much better when you hack through a foe. I cannot imagine feeling the same excitement as simply point and clicking with a mouse (for those who don't use a controller).

Sure vibration won't work for all games in a mouse. But having an option would be nice. Imagine miniature subtle vibrators that go up and down, and not side to side in the mouse so it doesn't hinder your control. Eh, at least that's what I think.

Like I said before though, I'm over it. If some company makes it great, if they don't. Nothing I wasn't expecting.
Last edited by LastOneAlive; Jun 1, 2015 @ 12:39pm
cinedine Jun 1, 2015 @ 1:24pm 
Originally posted by DButcha:
Almost a year later sorry for bringing this lifeless thread up. Honestly i think a vibrating feedback could be great. All complaints against this idea are that it will mess up your aim or shake the table. You have to realize that you can't just stick an xbox rumble motor in a mouse, of course thats ♥♥♥♥♥ stupid, the motor needs to be like 10 times smaller. A small enough motor to make a vibration you can feel but not shake the mouse while its just sitting there.

The size - or rather the power - of the motor doesn't matter. The optical or mechanical (anyone still uses one?) sensor will go crazy from the movement. That's directly connected to how the mouse works in the first place, so no dice in countering it. Even you you separate the vibrating top from the bottom, you hand is likely to move from the vibration.

And just put your mobile on vibration, put it on a hard table without any cover and call yourself. That's what you will hear every other second in a twitch shooter. It's annoying as hell.
WereCatf Jun 1, 2015 @ 1:25pm 
This is a really, really old idea and it has been done already before. I had a Logitech iFeel MouseMan in 2001. There were multiple vibrators in it and you could customize them and all that. Where is it now, then? Well, as you can see, it didn't catch on.

As for the complaints: no, it doesn't travel on the desk by itself, it doesn't put off your aim. It just simply felt awkward and since it was against a hard surface -- even if there was a mousepad in between the mouse and the desk -- the vibrations made it sound quite unpleasant. Place a gamepad or a phone on a table when it vibrates and you get the idea. I'd hazard a guess that that's one of the biggest reasons it didn't catch on.
WereCatf Jun 1, 2015 @ 1:26pm 
Originally posted by cinedine:
The size - or rather the power - of the motor doesn't matter. The optical or mechanical (anyone still uses one?) sensor will go crazy from the movement. That's directly connected to how the mouse works in the first place, so no dice in countering it. Even you you separate the vibrating top from the bottom, you hand is likely to move from the vibration.

As someone who actually owned one of these mice: no.
cinedine Jun 1, 2015 @ 1:39pm 
Originally posted by WereCatf:

As someone who actually owned one of these mice: no.

In the age of 5000+ dpi? ;)
WereCatf Jun 1, 2015 @ 1:45pm 
In the age of 5000+ dpi? ;)

The DPI doesn't matter in your hand magically moving or the mouse moving on its own; it didn't move, period. Theoretically the vibrations could vibrate the sensor itself, but obviously if someone was going to make such a mouse in this day and age they'd add dampeners or something to the sensor.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 22, 2014 @ 1:32am