terpaas Jul 26, 2017 @ 1:50pm
about trusting a dude
hi guys
this is my first time posting here
i play rocket league for 3 week and i got something very rare (wheels)
i wanted to trade it with keys (games money)
you can only get the keys by buying it or trade with it... and if you bought keys you can't trade it with other people for 7 days. and in this period you can only use it by yourself
a guy came to me and offer me 10$ steam wallet for it !!!
he said if he purchased keys he can't trade with it for 1 week and he doesn't want to wait this time
but the problem is that we can't trust each other
what if he doesn't give me the code after i give him the rare wheel ?
and what if he gave the code first and i won't give him the rare wheels ?
he said if i capture the chat messages between me and him steam can ban his account if he lied
and said steam can see in-game trades so steam will know that i gave him the wheels
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
can steam know the in-game trades ?
how could steam know that he didn't give me the code ? maybe i lie and use it for another account?

and after several minutes he sent me a pic for the half of the code
i searched for the picture in the internet and didn't find it.. so he maybe a trust man
but the problem with the code is that it contains only numbers and no letters .. is it normal ?

after all this ♥♥♥♥....
should i trust him ? he has 250 hours in rocket league and there comments in his profile say ( rep)
for rocket league players want to know the wheels .. it's FGSL titanium white
sorry for the long post and bad english
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Ogami Jul 26, 2017 @ 1:52pm 
You are trading outside the Steam trading system. Only trades in a single trade window, item vs item are protected by Steam. Everything else you are on your own.
Steam will NOT help you if the code is fake after all.
I would not do it, in nearly all cases its some kind of scam in the end.
Last edited by Ogami; Jul 26, 2017 @ 1:52pm
JoseDeGanja Jul 26, 2017 @ 1:52pm 
dude you can't trade anyone
Forcen Jul 26, 2017 @ 1:53pm 
Can't you just trade the wheels for 10 bucks worth of rocket league keys? That is safe, no trust required.

Or anything else that he could sell on the market.

If you need to trust someone then you are trading wrong.

You are the one with the item, say you want something tradable for it. Whatever it might be. Keys?
Last edited by Forcen; Jul 26, 2017 @ 1:58pm
The Giving One Jul 26, 2017 @ 1:55pm 
Originally posted by dwe7m:
should i trust him ? he has 250 hours in rocket league and there comments in his profile say ( rep)
There is no such thing as "rep" on Steam. It is complete nonsense. Anyone can just delete the bad "reps" on their own comments anyway, and even post "+reps" from alt accounts, making the scam account "look" more legit.

Use the trading system, and then it makes no difference what their "rep" is anyway.
I wouldn't, if I were you. Always trade within Steam's window. You are not offered any protection if you trade outside of it.

Also, as mentioned above, "rep" comments don't mean anything. The fact that he sent a picture of "half" of a supposed code is reason enough to avoid making that trade, in my opinion.
Last edited by 🎴 The Great Escape 🎴; Jul 26, 2017 @ 2:02pm
JoseDeGanja Jul 26, 2017 @ 2:01pm 
Originally posted by GanjaDUD3:
Trust* sorry :D
terpaas Jul 26, 2017 @ 2:01pm 
Originally posted by The Giving One:
Originally posted by dwe7m:
There is no such thing as "rep" on Steam. It is complete nonsense. Anyone can just delete the bad "reps" on their own comments anyway, and even post "+reps" from alt accounts, making the scam account "look" more legit.

Use the trading system, and then it makes no difference what their "rep" is anyway.
can i trade rocket league stuff with steam system ? i thought i can only trade it with the game trade system

well if this is true.... i have no problem so i can make him send me game worth 10$ and give him the wheel so i don't need to trust anybody
terpaas Jul 26, 2017 @ 2:04pm 
Trust* sorry :D
dude i thought you mean i'm complicated man and give too much :D
Forcen Jul 26, 2017 @ 2:04pm 
You can't really trade games in an easy way anymore.

Isn't there any rocket league stuff in his inventory that you want? Or just 10 dollars worth of keys?
The Giving One Jul 26, 2017 @ 2:05pm 
You really need to read the linked support page from the first reply. Please, whatever you do, read that, as well as the part of it that was linked especially, please. It's one of the best and most helpful support pages around.

Originally posted by wuddih:
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=3415-WAFH-6433&l=english#whatscams

EDIT..Ninja'd, so you seem to see it is a good read.
Last edited by The Giving One; Jul 26, 2017 @ 2:05pm
Forcen Jul 26, 2017 @ 2:07pm 
I would suspect that the real reason he doesn't want to wait 7 days is that he wants the thing you have for free.

If you are in no rush then find someone else.
The Giving One Jul 26, 2017 @ 2:17pm 
Originally posted by Forcen:
I would suspect that the real reason he doesn't want to wait 7 days is that he wants the thing you have for free.

If you are in no rush then find someone else.
Exactly. This is also explained in the FAQ, OP.

"What are the best ways to avoid getting scammed?"

Ignore pressure and do not rush the trade. A common tactic by scammers is to force you to trade quickly so they can change items/gifts in the trade without you noticing.
Tell him you are fine with 7 days and the wheels stay the same.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 26, 2017 @ 1:50pm