Frozen Synapse is the ultimate tactical game on PC and Mac. It brings the simultaneous turn-based strategy genre bang up-to-date and lets you give detailed, accurate orders to your squad: classic gameplay with a modern interface.
Most popular community and official content for the past week.
Proposed UI Changes in FS2 and thanks!
Many thanks for the recent feedback on the UI - has been really helpful and is much appreciated.
Thought I would update you about some changes we're thinking of making based on your feedback and our own appraisal of the situation.
None of this is final; all of it may not happen! That's the end of the caveats. Here's what we're planning on doing:
- A fundamental mechanics change to aiming and shooting which will be announced soon! This adds a new level of depth to the game and is very fun to play with. It may not feature in every mode but early tests are encouraging - Ian will be explaining this system soon when some issues have been worked out.
- Time handles replaced with wait orders. Wait orders are issued using the dragging functionality from time handles, but you do not place orders directly on the handles; you simply create a wait, then place your order in the stack after it. Time handles have always sucked to interact with directly, but dragging left to right is still the best way of defining an amount of time quickly; this should alleviate the former while retaining the latter.
- Units will have a "selection handle", which is a larger clickable element attached to the unit by a line. Selection handles will avoid overlapping with other UI elements meaning that you won't have the problem of trying to distinguish between two overlapping units.
- Probably something to make "check" less terrible to use
- Hopefully some better scaling of the aim handle so it's less tiny when zoomed out
- Probably some other things I haven't figured out yet
Crashes On Launch
I played Frozen Synapse for my first time about a month ago, but about three days later whenever I try to open the game it just crashes.
I've been trying this every day now and the problem hasn't resolved itself.
We're looking for any suggestions that the community may have on how to fix the problem of people abandoning games when it looks like they might lose.
Just to be clear these suggestions will probably only be used for Frozen Synapse 2 as that game is e...
I reinstalled Frozen Synapse recently and noticed the AI calculations take an extremely long time, longer than I remember when I used to play on a much older PC. Also, the loading bar is kinda messed up too: http://puu.sh/o4lcT/32088c5b75.jpg
Turns out t...
Tutorial video covering the basics of direct fire combat in Frozen Synapse. Introduces the time-to-kill mechanic and illustrates the factors affecting combat through a series of 1 v 1 encounters.
Playing the in-game tutorial first is recommended.
原文发表于百度steam吧--> Frozen Synapse入门教程攻略
This guide, including the tutorial and basic introduction to the game interface, is made especially for Chinese newbies.
Thanks for your feedback in the main Frozen Synapse 2 thread - much appreciated. We're announcing some further details of the game soon and, based on what I've heard on here and on email, I think you're going to like a lot of what we're doing.
I finally was able to run the AI Level 4 and actually play with my new machine. There was still a delay of about 1-2 minutes between turns...
i7 4.0 ghz
20 gig RAM
nvidia GTX 950 2 gig vram
man, that's a killer AI. lol. I don't know why it takes that mu...
We're looking at trying to make some improvements to the Frozen Synapse UI in FS2.
This is a difficult topic: Frozen Synapse is a very complex game; some elements of UI design are subjective; making changes to our UI is difficult and time consuming.
So, please don't take it as a negative if we don't manage to incorporate your feedback.
I'd like to know what you find difficult to do in the game, both in-game and in the menus, what you find fiddly especially. Feel free to post anything you want, but in general flagging up problems is a lot more useful to us than suggesting solutions.
Thanks for taking the time to do this.
If you wanted to me AMAZINGLY helpful, a video demonstrating your problems would be great but any notes or comments are more than welcome.
Developer interview about the Frozen Synapse level generator
I spoke to Ian about his thoughts and process for designing the level generators in Frozen Synapse and Frozen Synapse 2