Posted: November 19
Early Access Review
Strange situation. This game was released more than 6 months ago but she still has very main problems that were in the beginning. Developers focused on adding new content, application of new ideas, improving technical side (high resolution, controller support) but main gaming base remained unchanged.
I will not write anything about the balance of the game. He is the same as in HD Encounters. I have not noticed any changes. Only kleers and buls are moving a bit differently - they are harder to kill and they are more dangerous than HD.
Serious Sam Classics: Revolution have both Encounters. A few days ago was added new difficulty named "I am Ugh-Zan". The same us "Serious" difficulty but all enemies have 1,5x health and each enemy has two extra kinds of skins: Red and Green
. Red skins can burn you, green slow you down. With 1,5x health of enemies you may have problems in rooms where hundreds of frogs or invasion of the bulls. This is not a problem when you have unlimited using F6 (quick save) and F9 (quick load).
Problems and bugs
1. Main problem for me - 1 ammo bag at co-op survival for all
players. Its mean if first player will take the ammo bag - the second player will have to wait 30 seconds for respawn of new ammo bag. How play without ammo?! Yes game have places for even 42 players but possible to play only when you play solo at co-op. Even play with 1 friend - you can not play, nothing good will come.
2. Seems for achievement "I am Ugh-Zan" you do not need play all game at this difficulty, run only last level with "I am Ugh-Zan" difficulty, all other levels with tourist is enough. It means that its very easy achievement and anyone can get it without problems. It would be interesting if you need some skills and spend time for training if you are really want this achievement, like "all gold at survivals" TSE HD... Also they changed rules, 2x health were previously. It was much more serious. I am very disappointed, I will not set this achievement for my best.
3. Records at leaderboards.
» Firstly, we can`t check Steam profile of players from the game, we can see only their nicknames with results. Also no any filters for campaign results, just general score for full campaign.
» Secondly, developers did not fair to the players when they deleted many results from leaderboards. Because, now I can see same results which were made with the same scheme. 8+ hours at co-op survival where you can`t pause the game or play with any friends and 1+ hour at "Space ball" map are prove my words. Its obvious for me, why not obvious for developers?!
» Thirdly, no anti-cheat system at game. Still no one red hacked record at leaderboards. This simply can not be after 6 months.
4. During co-op survival match, any players can join to the game. They will not get a result but they can help a lot to the host.
5. Survival mode have 4 maps. "Space ball" have 2x gravity and you do not need to shoot enemies, just walk forward and look at the sky. So only 3 playable maps. I hope that will adds new maps.
1. At leaderboards you can see how much kills players got. Its important for survivals... But do not forget that some enemies have friendly fire. Blue golem like a boss. He will help to you a lot.
2. During any kind of co-op games, you can see what damage your teamates and you are gave to enemies... But not restarted after match, cumulative statistics. Need fix.
3. New weapons... But still no hotkeys for them.
Yes this game have not modern graphics, have many bugs and serious problems which have not completed yet after 6 months,
but cost very cheap and she is made not from Croteam and I got only positive emotions when I played this game. I'm not sorry that I bought it for my collection of Serious Sams. So lets try it too!
I will not give an assessment now since the game is definitely not completed. I hope that will full reset
of leaderboards, will adding new content for Survival mode and adding Steam cards.
Good luck Scratch~