Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Sid Meier's Civilization VI

Sukritact's Simple UI Adjustments
Liberation Nov 23, 2022 @ 10:56pm
Map tiles have no tooltips
I just came back to Civ VI after not playing it for a couple of years and eventually figured out that this mod is why I have no tooltips when I mouseover tiles. Other tooltips, like mouseover icons for resources and UI elements work fine, but no tooltips when I leave the mouse over terrain.

Has anyone else run into this and found a fix?

I've tried disabling all other community mods to make sure it's not a conflict.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Same when playing on linux, without gathering storm.
Chicken Bear Feb 24, 2023 @ 9:40pm 
same on Win10. just finished a full marathon game with no hover over tooltips the entire time.
嫩嫩 Feb 27, 2023 @ 10:20am 
same on win 11..
grinder007 Mar 15, 2023 @ 2:06pm 
I'm having the exact same problem on Win 10 ...
sadbutpretty Mar 17, 2023 @ 3:22pm 
I'm having the same issue on Linux
Ezekiel Apr 3, 2023 @ 12:36pm 
same for me..can he fix this pls?
Liberation Apr 3, 2023 @ 6:51pm 
Based on what people said in the "Tile info not showing on Mac" thread, looks like it's because the mod requires Gathering Storm, even though I don't see anything in the description about requirements.
Some said they got it to work by removing a few lines:

Originally posted by Aiur:
Most recent version of this mod contains handler for calculating river floodplains. This functionality seems to fail on vanilla. You can try disabling it in modinfo file.

To do so, open "Sukritact's Simple UI Adjustments.modinfo" for edit. Then find and remove the following section (should be lines 125-131):

<ReplaceUIScript id="ReplacePlotTooltip"> <Properties> <LoadOrder>201</LoadOrder> <LuaReplace>UI/Common/Suk_PlotTooltips.lua</LuaReplace> <LuaContext>PlotToolTip</LuaContext> </Properties> </ReplaceUIScript>
Wintermute May 28, 2023 @ 8:29am 
same - Win 10, no Gathering Storm
deutz May 30, 2023 @ 3:17am 
Originally posted by Liberation:
Based on what people said in the "Tile info not showing on Mac" thread, looks like it's because the mod requires Gathering Storm, even though I don't see anything in the description about requirements.

Most recent version of this mod contains handler for calculating river floodplains. This functionality seems to fail on vanilla. You can try disabling it in modinfo file.

To do so, open "Sukritact's Simple UI Adjustments.modinfo" for edit. Then find and remove the following section (should be lines 125-131):

<ReplaceUIScript id="ReplacePlotTooltip"> <Properties> <LoadOrder>201</LoadOrder> <LuaReplace>UI/Common/Suk_PlotTooltips.lua</LuaReplace> <LuaContext>PlotToolTip</LuaContext> </Properties> </ReplaceUIScript>

Tanks a lot! This worked for me!:steamhappy:
Drizzeydrazz Jun 24, 2023 @ 11:17pm 

dude.... i was about to give up but REALLY wanted some things this mod has.... you saved the day haha been trying to figure out how to fix this for a while now SUPER awesome!!!
sadbutpretty Jul 13, 2023 @ 8:14am 
Originally posted by sadbutpretty:
I'm having the same issue on Linux
I recently added Gathering Storm and that did in fact fix the issue. So it seems to require GS.
richarduitt Jul 23, 2023 @ 3:35pm 
I have GS and it works using GS ruleset, but not using RAF ruleset.
Evo ♥♪ Aug 15, 2023 @ 6:18pm 
Looks like it requires both Gathering Storm and Rise And Fall
richarduitt Aug 16, 2023 @ 6:07am 
Originally posted by Evokans:
Looks like it requires both Gathering Storm and Rise And Fall

I have both.
Memmi Dec 3, 2023 @ 2:05pm 

Just commenting to confirm this worked for me (Windows!)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50