Banished

Banished

NORTH 7
Tom Sawyer  [developer] May 15, 2017 @ 3:10am
Troubleshooting
If you find a bug or have a problem playing the North with or without other mods, please let me know in this thread. We can talk about it and fix it. :)

Your game crashes? To avoid crashes please always exit and restart Banished after changing your modlist. It cleans up your game from conflicts with disabled mods and you can start a new map without problems.

How to build a brickyard? To start your own brick production you need to buy bricks and tiles from resource merchants as building materials for the brickyard. This way your people gain the knowledge of brick making.
Last edited by Tom Sawyer; May 23, 2017 @ 2:08am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 148 comments
Coo-ci May 15, 2017 @ 4:23am 
the fence around my chicken and cattle inclosure never comes when they are done building the inclosure :)

and the workers at the inclosures counts af farmers not herdsmen :)
Tom Sawyer  [developer] May 15, 2017 @ 4:48am 
Chicken coop and pastures are fenceless in the north. So you can choose your own fence from the housing toolbar or from another decoration mod or you just keep it open. The chicken coop is managed by a farmer. It's intended. The sheep-run by a shepherd and the pasture for cows or reindeer if you have them by a herdsman.
KenJosen May 15, 2017 @ 11:29pm 
There's an error when you return, and the game program crashes automatically
Maimah May 16, 2017 @ 1:28am 
:( so I can't make it past year 3 withotu it crash, I've pulled every mod BUT the north at this point. However I am running the beta so that could be it XD. I was wondering though do you have your houses in a seperate mod? :D I love the houses :)
Tom Sawyer  [developer] May 16, 2017 @ 12:20pm 
It sounds like crashes of a new game started after changing the mod list without exit and restart Banished. This procedure is a bit annoying and I often forget it by myself but it's important. Let me know if it works or if you still get crashes. The houses I will make separate.
Mr Angry May 17, 2017 @ 2:30am 
@Maimah...i had the same problem. The exit and restart fixed it
Girl_Ninja May 18, 2017 @ 5:05pm 
Really enjoying the mod... but for some reason my people won't build the place to dig stones or the boardinghouse. I prioritized it, have everything and the people available, but they simply refuse to do it. Also, the blacksmith is annoying. Other than that, love the mod. It is more challenging than the normal version of banished.
Mr Angry May 19, 2017 @ 12:51am 
Dig stone has to be done on a hill like a mine if i remember rightly?
Valakyria May 19, 2017 @ 1:13am 
For some reason I cannot select a save file to load and whenever I try to quit the current game, it crashes.
UristMcHunter May 23, 2017 @ 8:48am 
Nice mod, nice looking and complex, will have to keep looking into it- but a fire wrecked my whole village.

Reason the villagers tryed almost a full ingame year to fight the fire (not sucsessfull) - result not pnly did I have to rebuild the village I also had no food for the winter and 3/4 of my population died due to starvation...

plz nerf fires or buff firefighting (speed up the event overall!), also the pathfinding to the next watersource needs fixing i.e. rivers are prefered even if wells are closer....
Tom Sawyer  [developer] May 24, 2017 @ 7:28am 
Seems you had very bad luck in this game to be hit by fire so early. This is very rare. And actually they use the wells. The path finding we cannot change by modding.
[SHC]XxjawsXx May 24, 2017 @ 9:19am 
the forest outpost mod does not work with your mod. but your mod desripsion says to play this with forest outpost mod for more fun. just wondering if you have the same problem
Tom Sawyer  [developer] May 25, 2017 @ 5:38am 
The North has to be on top in your mod list and red warnings are not a problem. It just means that files are overwritten which is intended in this case. If something concrete does not work in game please let me know.
Fimbul Jun 1, 2017 @ 9:53am 
there are notices that nomads arrived but there is no way to accept them. neither in the town hall, nor in the village church or wooden chapel.
Fimbul Jun 1, 2017 @ 10:16am 
wait no, now i had the notice again on the wooden chapel and i could accept two nomads. i had a notice for the wooden chapel shortly before that and the button was unresponsive. So looks like it sometimes works and other times not.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 148 comments
Per page: 1530 50