Arma 3
GC's Full Screen Night Vision
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
GenC 🐱‍👤  [developer] Jul 6, 2017 @ 11:53am
READ THIS BEFORE CHANGING ANYTHING!!!
Required tools (just to edit config.cpp):
  • Either PBO Manager[www.armaholic.com] (gives right-click menu option to pack, really handy. Sometimes unpacking causes corrupt binarized .cpp's.) or Arma 3 Tools (We'll just be using BankRev to unpack and FileBank to pack). Or both...
  • A text editor. Notepad++ is good enough; Poseidon[forums.bistudio.com] is handy; etc...
Steps:
  1. Make sure to copy the mod to a local folder. There is a warning in the Arma 3 launcher if you try to open a workshop mod's folder from there -- it really does cause unexpected behavior if you change something there! (I did it once and I was unable to get the correct updates for a certain workshop mod. The repair option didn't even work!) In case you don't know how to do it from the Arma 3 launcher, just expand into details of the workshop mod you want to copy and click the [...] button under its picture. Select "Copy as local mod...". You can rename it into @anything_you_want. (I recommend renaming it to "@yourtag_modname")
  2. In the Arma 3 launcher, add the local mod that you just copied, if it hasn't been copied already.
  3. Load the local mod while unloading the workshop mod you just copied from.
  4. Open the mod's file location and navigate to the Addons directory. How: Expand into details of the local mod. Click the [...] button under the picture and select "Open folder in Windows Explorer".
  5. Unpack the mod to a folder with the same name as the .pbo file, ex: in the "Addons" directory, there should be "modname.pbo" and a folder called "modname". Even if the mod seems to have been unpacked already, unpack it again before the first time you start working on the mod. You can unpack the mod by using PBO Manager (right-click on .pbo and extract .pbo) or by using Arma 3 Tool's BankRev.
  6. Open config.cpp edit away! (open with a text editor)
  7. When you are done, make sure to repack the folder into .pbo. PBO Manager: right click folder this time, and pack to .pbo; Arma 3 Tools: use FileBank.

Happy modding!