ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Upgrade Station v1.8i
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Ghazlawl  [developer] Jan 6, 2017 @ 10:43am
Suggestions
Please post any suggestions here! We will do our best to keep the wishlist as up to date as possible. :)

Current Suggestions
  • Add a configurable INI setting to require a minimum player level to upgrade items to specific quality levels. (Level 10 for Ramshackle, Level 20 for Journeyman, etc.)
  • Add a cooldown for upgraded items so that the item can't be upgraded again until a specified amount of time has passed. An INI setting will be added to configure how long the cooldown should be per quality level. Setting the INI setting to 0 would mean no cooldown.
  • Keep dye on upgrading items. (We're working on it but we haven't figured it out yet.)
  • Add configurable multiplier for hypo- and hyper-thermic stat increase. (We're working on it and it should be in as a configurable INI option soon.)
  • Have "Crafting Speed" stat affect the quality of upgraded items. (Perhaps increased fortune chance or higher stats increase.)
  • Add inventory hotkeys to quickly upgrade or salvage items. (We're working on it!)
  • Add a primitive-friendly variant. (We're working on it as part of our variants pass!) :)
  • Add additional variants with increased inventory slots and HP. (We're currently working on the metal and tek tiers.)

Suggestions Added
  • Re-introduce the "Fortune smiles upon you!" mechanic. Very rarely your weapon will skip a quality index, and extremely rarely your upgrade will consume no resources. An INI setting will be added to configure how frequently this happens.
  • Re-introduce the "Upgrade failed!" mechanic. Very rarely the upgrade process will fail and consume a portion of the items required to upgrade. An INI setting will be added to configure how frequently this happens.
  • Change material cost from 5 metal ingot to 10 raw metal to make upgrading low-tier items more viable.
  • Add the ability to reverse engineer items to create blueprints from them.
  • Allow renaming of the Upgrade Station and Blueprint Station.
  • Add the ability to restrict certain items from being upgraded. (We're working on it and it will likely be a comma-delimited string of item classes [PrimalItem_MetalPike_C, etc].)
Last edited by Ghazlawl; Mar 1, 2017 @ 9:16am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 227 comments
Gecko Jan 12, 2017 @ 8:50am 
Would it be possible to upgrade items, and keep their dye properties?
Splićo Jan 17, 2017 @ 3:43am 
change material cost; 5 metal ingot to 10 (raw) metal. Why? Because, you can't really get metal ingot before lvl 25. If you are lucky enough to loot metal pick before that than yes, you can build forge on lvl 20 to get metal ingot but that is still way too late to make idk...upgraded slingshot for example or upgraded cloth or whatever.
Ghazlawl  [developer] Jan 17, 2017 @ 8:08am 
@Geckodude11 We're working on that today! Hopefully it will be in the next update.

@Splico You bring up a good point. We'll change the cost to use 10 metal instead of 5 ingots.
Egirl Seat Jan 17, 2017 @ 11:27am 
Can you add reverse engineering of items to get blueprints from them isnstead of upgrading them?
Ghazlawl  [developer] Jan 17, 2017 @ 12:37pm 
@STUNT TITS That's a great idea, and one we've been considering, but it would need to be a separate structure or mod. ARK only gives us two buttons on a structure, sadly. Perhaps the Upgrade Station mod will also come with a Blueprint Station. :D
treechain Jan 18, 2017 @ 8:30am 
I have noticed that when upgrading an item you don't always get better stats. Would it be possible to add an expensive catalyst item that would guarantee both stats are upgraded per teir in some way for later game survivors? Something rediculously expensive like 50 sweet vegetable cakes 50 flowers 50 mushrooms and 50 black pearl so it wouldn't break the early game balance.
Last edited by treechain; Jan 18, 2017 @ 12:32pm
Kal Jan 21, 2017 @ 8:28pm 
The ability to restrict certain items from being upgraded to promote balance on PvP servers. Saddles and rocket launchers so easily upgraded would just be gamebreaking but having the ability to upgrade your basic tools is less important.
DocBockNstein Jan 24, 2017 @ 11:48am 
Could you lower the cost for default mode. The server I play on has admins that are too lazy to change the ini file and the stack mods are not high enough to upgrade anything past ramshack, not enough slots in the bench.
Last edited by DocBockNstein; Jan 24, 2017 @ 11:48am
EclipseTVGaming Jan 29, 2017 @ 2:46am 
How search server with upgrade station i need x5-10max
Last edited by EclipseTVGaming; Jan 29, 2017 @ 2:47am
Floyd Collins Feb 1, 2017 @ 4:17pm 
Great idea and implementation, and i have one suggestion. Completely optional of course, i think many players will find that annoying...
I think it will be good if you can implement some sort of increment per tier, ie:
(Just as an example, i will be using FortuneUpgradeFailedChance=30 and proposed FortuneUpgradeFailedIncrement=10)
1) "Basic" chance to fail, ie what i set in config as 30% (gray -> green).
2) Next tier of the same item (green -> blue) adds FortuneUpgradeFailedIncrement value (10% in my example) chance to fail, so it will be 40
3) ...and so on till "red" tier or whatever we allowed in config.

By default it can be set to 0 so it doesn't affect anything.

That way it will be pretty well balanced - you can upgrade your stuff to some good level (2/3) pretty easily, while upgrading it to max tiers will require some serious effort (and luck)

Also it's not exactly clear how to avoid situations when fail chance can be >=100% (ie FortuneUpgradeFailedChance=50, FortuneUpgradeFailedIncrement=10, MaxUpgradeQualityIndex=5), but if that will be configurable and disabled by default, server admins should take care about calculating max values.
Last edited by Floyd Collins; Feb 1, 2017 @ 4:18pm
Wolflix Feb 3, 2017 @ 12:15am 
where to craft upgrade station i didnt find it
Joe Feb 4, 2017 @ 7:02pm 
Hey dude, love the table, any chance of being able to rename it?
AbyssWalker Feb 5, 2017 @ 4:10pm 
This is kind of an issue, but not really a bug and more of a suggestion. I am sure this is not a common issue but, I ran into this issue with the Flaming Sword mod. Part of the crafting requirements is a sword and the item itself counts as a sword in the upgrade station. So if you where to put the required amount of swords to do the upgrade it will consume the newly upgraded item and you will be left with nothing.

Is there a way to have the mod do a check and make sure the item being upgraded is not consumed in the process?

I am sure its a rare occurrence, but I thought i'd let you know.
Makto Feb 6, 2017 @ 1:32pm 
I love the idea of the upgrade station. I am an admin on my server and in discussions with my server owner, we feel that this provides a little bit of an unbalanced advantage for early game. We run custom levels (200) and what would be nice is if there was a way to control upgrade quality based on player level. Using default game levels of course. Perhpas following the progression of beacon drops. A player would not have the ability to upgrade to a higher quality tier on any item until they progress to a higher level. I was reading through your upgrade calculations, and still could not figure a way to set this up.

The blueprint addition is outstanding... but I may make that engram only avalible at accendent level 70. That way the item can only be blueprinted once a player levels up. This makes it all the more important to take care of that one item you have until you can get the blueprint made to make replacments.
Last edited by Makto; Feb 6, 2017 @ 1:33pm
There needs to be a change on how resistance (hypo- and hyperthermal) reacts upon upgrading items. Using everything after [Mastercrafted] will cook you in your armor for the time being, even if you keep walking in the rain or dive for a short time. Horrifically it is using this mod with Scorched Earth DLC...

Can the multiplier being tuned down, or is there a way manually decreasing that mult parameter?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 227 comments
Per page: 1530 50