Stellaris

Stellaris

Pre-FTL Players - All FTL - Abandoned
Pode  [developer] Nov 1, 2016 @ 8:11am
Other mods - Recommendations and Compatibility
This space is for folks to suggest or recommend their own or others' mods that go well with Pre FTL play. I'll list compatibility issues as I become aware of them, please post any you find also.
Last edited by Pode; Nov 11, 2016 @ 6:18am
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Pode  [developer] Nov 1, 2016 @ 8:14am 
- More Technologies does what it says. Since FTL techs are among the rarest in the game, lots of new tech cards with more weight than FTL will extend your Pre-FTL play time noticeably.
- Improved Space Battles (Balance) will lose the balance changes he made to FTL speed. You'll need one of the two merge mods in my collection of recommended mods.
- Civilian Trade: your traders will get FTL even if you don't have it yet. Or at least they used to. Seems the 1.5 variant correctly gives them STL drives at start. Which they never upgrade from. So I'll need to make a comp patch at some point. Or rework my mod so that empires start with a new FTL_0 theory tech and the rest remains vanilla. This is the approach I'm leaning towards if I can figure out how to do it.
Last edited by Pode; Apr 19, 2017 @ 7:25am
Pode  [developer] Nov 1, 2016 @ 8:15am 
- Advanced Jump Drives: Issues with AI's preferring top tier normal FTL from this mod to jump drives from that one, and with getting the option to research jump drives twice with possibly bad results. They're quite rare, so it *should* be ok.
Pode  [developer] Nov 11, 2016 @ 6:20am 
@Echo, now there's a place for you to tell us about Colonizeable Home Systems without derailing the main thread ;)
Klistofklades Nov 22, 2016 @ 9:16am 
Trouble with 25 More Reactors + New Techs
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=692882963

New games make all FTL drives "appear" without any research completed according to the tech window. And if you don't choose wormholes as your start tech, you can't ever build wormhole stations.

Know of any way to fix this? xD
Love the Pre-FTL, but also love the extra reactors, lol.
Last edited by Klistofklades; Nov 22, 2016 @ 9:20am
Pode  [developer] Nov 22, 2016 @ 9:59am 
He inserted new reactor techs between the vanilla techs, just like I inserted new techs between the FTL techs. So we both had to overwrite the 00_phys_tech file.

You'll have to copy my FTL section over the FTL section in his version of that file and save it out as a single file compatibility patch mod, then update it whenever either he or I update our tech files.
Xenos May 20, 2017 @ 2:36am 
So, do you recommend to disable Advanced Jump Drives if I want to use your fine mod, or just ignore the potential issues?
Last edited by Xenos; May 20, 2017 @ 2:36am
Pode  [developer] May 20, 2017 @ 6:08am 
From the description, it sounds like will pick sniper abandoned making changes to the vanilla jump drives and just added new ones, so there shouldn't be any new issue. Mine will make it easier to get the vanilla jump drive because I ran out of tech tiers, jump may appear in the next tech draw as soon as you finish a third FTL.

What I suggest is you start with both mods enabled and disable mine once you start researching third tier FTL. By that point, any new primitives starting with FTL instead of STL shouldn't be an issue.
conKORD Oct 13, 2017 @ 12:01pm 
Hi.
Pre-FTL is uncompatible with Glavius ultimate AI megamod.
FTL drive still appear at start.
Pode  [developer] Oct 13, 2017 @ 12:44pm 
Ugh. I rolled Glavius into Primitive Players for exactly that reason but forgot that it was going to conflict here. I've seen rumors that modded vanilla techs can now overwrite, so I *may* be able to work out a new structure that won't have this problem. Or make this mod include Glavius. Or make yet another comp patch.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50