RimWorld

RimWorld

Misc. Training
siggboy Sep 12, 2019 @ 8:32pm
High HP value of shooting dummy is exploitable, should be changed
Hi,

I enjoy this mod very much, but there is one particular point that needs to be changed:

The shooting dummy has an artificially high HP pool of 100,000 points. This is exploitable in several ways (even by accident):

• Raiders (and mechs) will spend practically unlimited time trying to destroy the dummy, which makes the dummy a very cheesy decoy.
  • When set aflame, the dummy will burn for a long, loooong time, which, again, is quite exploitable. Raiders like to set things on fire, but it could also be abused in other ways, for example to create an indefinite burn room, or even to heat the base with one or two burning target dummies. It's practically like a camp fire that never needs to be refueled.
  • The dummy could be used as a repair training facility that needs almost no maintenance. Even though I think that repair training is a very stupid idea in general, it's a possible niche exploit.

You gave the dummy a 200% flammability, which ironically makes the exploits even easier, but the dummy should not even be flammable at all. It is less realistic but that should not matter in my opinion if an exploit can be avoided.

If you don't find a way to reduce the HP while keeping the item usable, you definitely need to make it completely fire immune.

Something should be done about the HP. Maybe the dummies need to be made immune to shooting damage, but outside of that just get a regular HP pool of 300 points or so. In that case one could still place them in a row to make a nice shooting range, but raiders would not take 3 in-game years to destroy a single dummy.
Last edited by siggboy; Sep 12, 2019 @ 8:40pm