Original War

Original War

Arabian Campaign
SzYlk Feb 4, 2020 @ 7:43am
Arab Mission 8 Backfire
Hello folks,
I'm quite stuck at Mission 8.

I defended many times, took the South base, prevented Russians to collect the needed reinforcements, shoot down every bit of their reinforcements (last time there were 16 soldiers or so appearing).
But nothing fires.

I noticed that some people disappeared, but one guy always "stands around (nicolas vervekken)"

I then decided to take down the north base, whcih was with some minor losses succesful (just the armor buildings are alive, because they can't be taken down meanwhile.

Though russian reinforcement is shot down and I took their camp, I can't go along.
I read in another thread that it should be impossible to take down, I'm sorry it's not, but I can't complete mission (though I can surrender to the russians and go on), but for me I was susseccful defending and nothing happens any more.
Took me 4 hours realtime with quickrun ....nothing happening
Last edited by SzYlk; Feb 4, 2020 @ 7:44am
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
SzYlk Feb 4, 2020 @ 8:04am 
Surprisingly I reloaded and prevented Vervekken from stucking. Then it was a quick run.
Though I lost the battle
0dd1 Feb 7, 2020 @ 3:21pm 
Yes, the bug seems to be that if the deserters get stuck, the mission code won't move on to the next event. Could you tell us where/how did the guy get stuck?
SzYlk Feb 9, 2020 @ 7:34am 
right above the base, dunno why, I supp because of a russian attack squad
SzYlk Feb 9, 2020 @ 7:35am 
The End of the Arabian run is a little bit short I would say.. :)
Last missions were not really a challenge :/
0dd1 Feb 9, 2020 @ 1:46pm 
Can't replicate the bug... the only way I see this could happen, is if the deserters path was completely blocked.

and wow, you're the first to say last Arabian missions were too easy. I only had complaints about them being too difficult, so I made them easier a few times over.
What difficulty level was that?
SzYlk Feb 10, 2020 @ 7:26am 
easy on the first run, will try the other ones later. Easy was really easy, as I mentioned I also crushed the russian main base in mission 8.

I took easy first, haven't played OW for years, though it is one of the best games I have ever played :)

Path was not blocked, there were three people on the way back to main base and got stuck, but only the verveckken guy didn't move on afterwards.

Do you plan to make more missions/another addon?
0dd1 Feb 11, 2020 @ 2:28pm 
There probably won't be any new content, except bugfixes and maybe some improvements like textures for the maps. I don't do a lot of modding lately, and when I do, I'm trying to finish a skirmish mode for my other mod called Revamp.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50