Arma 3
Eden Objects
Kydoimos  [developer] May 18, 2016 @ 6:05am
Troubleshooting
Please leave post below if you experience any issues and I will endeavour to reply as soom as I am able. Thanks.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
MasterBlaster May 25, 2016 @ 5:30pm 
hi Kydoimos! I would like to know if its possible to equip the combat knife. I spawned one on the ground and tried to pick it up, but it didn't worked
Kydoimos  [developer] May 26, 2016 @ 1:56am 
Hi Blizz - no, it's not a usable item or weapon. That said, if any mod-maker was feeling brave enough, it could be configured and used as a weapon. The trouble is, the animations. This would require an immense amount of time and effort; moreover, to make it look any good, it would really need to be done with motion capture technology. Originally, I created it for this tutorial: https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/186065-arma-3-screenshot-tutorial/. Hope that helps :)
Jim Beam Jul 6, 2016 @ 5:53pm 
Originally posted by Kydoimos:
Please leave post below if you experience any issues and I will endeavour to reply as soom as I am able. Thanks.

Im trying to animate the GCS but im having trouble with the command. So what command do i put for the unit that i want to control the GCS(Ground Control Station). I checked the readme but it didnt have much info.
Kydoimos  [developer] Jul 7, 2016 @ 1:52am 
Hi there, do you mean you wish to animate the UAV pilot, manning the controls of the GCS? Place a game logic down in the editor, near where you wish to place the GCS object, and name it 'GCS_Attachment'. Then, in that game logic's init. box, type: UAV_Pilot switchMove "UAV_Pilot". Then place the unit down which you want to use the GCS system. Name that unit as: UAV_Pilot. Next, add the GCS and label it: GCS. After that, add the officer chair object. Finally, again, in the game logic's init. box, write: UAV_Pilot attachTo [GCS_Attachment, [0,0,0]]. Now, when you preview the scenario you will see that unit is in the animation, on the location of your game logic. All you need to do, is open the debug console (press 'esc') and enter: UAV_Pilot attachTo [GCS_Attachment, [0,0,0]]. You will need to adjust the array (the [0,0,0] part). Entering something like [0,0.5,0.5] will move the unit forwards on the Y axis, and a little up on the Z axis. Using the debug console, you can set the array so the unit is sitting on the office chair, with his hands on the controls. You might find it easier to attach all the objects in the composition to the game logic, e.g: Officer_Chair attachTo [GCS_Attachment, [0,0,0]]; GCS attachTo [GCS_Attachment, [0,0,0]]. Eventually, I'll add a composition to save you all this hassle! I hope the above tackles your question. There's a couple of issues with the GCS livefeed, I believe, and I may need to sort those out with a future update - thanks for subscribing! :NATO:
Jim Beam Jul 7, 2016 @ 6:39am 
Where are you going to add a composition and is it possible to view anything on the Tactical Screen?
Kydoimos  [developer] Jul 7, 2016 @ 7:32am 
Yes - I'll add a composition to the Eden Editor (haven't had the chance to do it yet, so it'd be interesting to test the feature out). And yup, you can view whatever you like on the Tactical Screen, including videos.
Jim Beam Jul 7, 2016 @ 7:50am 
How do you view something on the tactial screen?
Kydoimos  [developer] Jul 7, 2016 @ 3:10pm 
You'll need to utilize the setObjectTexture command - it's covered in the PDF attachment :)
[RAM] Kam Jul 19, 2016 @ 8:02am 
Hi, I want to use verifySignatures on my Dedicated Server, but every time I try to join it i get kick with this message on server console :(16:35:59 Player Kamkill: Wrong signature for file C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\!Workshop\@Eden Objects\addons\3den_objects.pbo). So I try to check the signature with Arma 3 tool and it tells me there is an error :( http://i.imgur.com/Ui3NBuj.png ). What can I do ?
Last edited by [RAM] Kam; Jul 19, 2016 @ 8:07am
Kydoimos  [developer] Jul 19, 2016 @ 8:24am 
@[Ram] Kamkill - thanks for that - I'll look into it now and release an update in about an hour :)
Kydoimos  [developer] Jul 19, 2016 @ 8:45am 
Originally posted by Kydoimos:
@[Ram] Kamkill - thanks for that - I'll look into it now and release an update in about an hour :)

@[Ram] Kamkill - I've just updated the mod, can you verfiy if the problem persists? If you continue to have issues, I will investigate further. Thanks again!
Last edited by Kydoimos; Jul 19, 2016 @ 8:46am
[RAM] Kam Jul 19, 2016 @ 9:11am 
Thank you for your quick response, it works now.
Kydoimos  [developer] Jul 19, 2016 @ 9:35am 
@[RAM] Kamkill - Splendid! Sorry, I updated the DLC icon and neglected to update the BIKey - apologies for the inconvenience caused :)
MojitoBoy Oct 30, 2016 @ 2:22pm 
Hey, I'm not an master on codding then i come to asking you a huge service... could you doing a quick tuto (video or screen shot) for the live feed like the the UAV cam on the GCS'screen... i really need help please
Kydoimos  [developer] Oct 31, 2016 @ 2:07am 
@[Opex] Mojitoboy - hi there, matey :) Have you a had look at the PDF in the subscription folder? If you have, or if you're still having problems, let me know and I will try to walk you through the process. I've got quite a lot on at the moment, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to help, but there is a chance that the UV layout for the GCS model needs adjusting. Maybe try it on the large tactical screen model before the GCS system, just in case there's an error my end! That said, I distinctly remember it working upon release :NATO:
Last edited by Kydoimos; Oct 31, 2016 @ 2:08am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50