Stellaris

Stellaris

Fight For Universe: Infinite Legacy
Zevfer May 18, 2016 @ 2:55pm
An ideas thread
this mod looks promising, but i think it needs a thread for sujestions made by the subs of the mod.

ya know, cuz why not.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 209 comments
WarStalkeR  [developer] May 18, 2016 @ 9:59pm 
Well, suggestions are always welcome :)
Yukino Kage May 20, 2016 @ 9:30am 
I think you should also add different scaling for the Galaxy if you add different typs of ftl-drives so that some systems are farer away and the galaxy is larger and i dont mean add more Stars also something like an irregular galaxy map
Eisvisage May 20, 2016 @ 10:10am 
Maybe an option to start with no AI people at all could be added? As it was done in the "No AI Empires Mod"? I personally love to roleplay (your custom starts are perfect for this) and this sometimes involves having no AI empires ^^
And maybe with a box for Fallen Empires and Primitives respectively to tick? (if that's possible ^^)
Last edited by Eisvisage; May 20, 2016 @ 10:10am
Black Jack May 20, 2016 @ 2:07pm 
Perhaps consider incorporting Beautiful battles? Blackthron has done some amazing things for combat balance and performance as well as fleet collsion improvemetns and the flow of battle. Your mod looks great but it would be horrible ot have to choose between the two. Or perhaps just ensure they rae compatable ?
WarStalkeR  [developer] May 20, 2016 @ 5:40pm 
@Black Jack, I'm already working on making battles in my mod a way more beautiful.
Black Jack May 20, 2016 @ 6:46pm 
I would still at least recommend examining it. Something to be said for not reinventing the wheel if you dont have to. And he has done a great job on combat.
Last edited by Black Jack; May 20, 2016 @ 6:47pm
Aradragoon May 20, 2016 @ 8:42pm 
Not sure how feasible new features are (I might look into this myself and if I can figure it out or if it is already done elsewhere perhaps implement into this) but the ability to retrofit a ship to a new design would be nice. E.G. I have a destroyer with all tier 3 mass driver weapons. Instead of updating the same named design I want to keep that design but retrofit that destroyer to a new design with torpedoes. (Not sure why this isn't a base feature though.)
WarStalkeR  [developer] May 20, 2016 @ 9:27pm 
Originally posted by Aradragoon:
Not sure how feasible new features are (I might look into this myself and if I can figure it out or if it is already done elsewhere perhaps implement into this) but the ability to retrofit a ship to a new design would be nice. E.G. I have a destroyer with all tier 3 mass driver weapons. Instead of updating the same named design I want to keep that design but retrofit that destroyer to a new design with torpedoes. (Not sure why this isn't a base feature though.)
I think it is possible in vanilla game. You just need to have only one Destroyer design, which will be used to retrofit into.
Monkey May 20, 2016 @ 10:18pm 
The author of Beautiful Battles actually encourages peolpe to 'make their own version' of his mod as long as you reference back to his. So you could easily grab bits from his mod?

Quote from his mod page:
"In the meantime I GIVE ANYONE THE PERMISSION TO USE MY MOD as a baseline or to make their own compatibility patches. I will also gladly link to your mod in my mod description. The only thing I ask is a link to my mod as the baseline and a mention of it being used."
Monkey May 21, 2016 @ 1:03am 
I'v been reading warhammer recently, that combined with your reference to their warp travel gave me an idea.

Science upkeep, sorta.
Lets say you have a lot of techs researched but you currently do not actually utilise a particular field of technology much or even at all, as well as your actual level of research points being low compared to your tech level or size of your empire. An 'event' triggers, where your people know OF the technology but realise they have no idea how to produce it anymore.

Haven't produced anything with lasers in a long time?
Your empires practical understanding of physics is pretty low?
You have only made missiles and autocannons for so long your engineers have somehow misplaced the schematics for making lasers do anything on a large scale?

Woops! you have now lost your lancer tech.

Last edited by Monkey; May 21, 2016 @ 1:04am
Monkey May 21, 2016 @ 1:27am 
Seeing as we can start as mushrooms...can you make it so we can also start with biological weapons? Kinetic, Missiles, Lasers, Shard Throwers?
Zevfer May 21, 2016 @ 5:09am 
omg, poeple are actually using this thread...
Eisvisage May 21, 2016 @ 5:18am 
Originally posted by Haddix:
omg, poeple are actually using this thread...
This is one of 4 threads about this mod, and the only not-sticky one, so what did you expect? :P
WarStalkeR  [developer] May 21, 2016 @ 7:31am 
Originally posted by Monkey:
Haven't produced anything with lasers in a long time?
Your empires practical understanding of physics is pretty low?
You have only made missiles and autocannons for so long your engineers have somehow misplaced the schematics for making lasers do anything on a large scale?
This actually sounds damn amazing! But I'm not sure if it's possible to make it real, I know how to add/remove tech via scripts, but I'm not sure if there is something allows me to check current equipment on ship or last built ship. This idea is totally worth looking in to it, when I will start adding more technologies.
Virus May 21, 2016 @ 9:12am 
can you tell us wich planned features you will add next or what you are currently working on the most ?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 209 comments
Per page: 1530 50