Age of Wonders III

Age of Wonders III

Dark Elves
Shaithias  [developer] Oct 6, 2015 @ 6:46am
Suggestions
What do you want with the dark elves? Suggestions here, like add magical property to blademasters to be able to bansih them, or shadow sisters need a buff etc.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
sethgaines Oct 6, 2015 @ 10:21am 
I know it might be a lot of work, but it would be nice if I only needed your mod (and not the template) to play. Less resources and potential conflicts, etc.
str86lol Oct 11, 2015 @ 1:39am 
Really like the mod, but since i use other mods adding more variety to all races/classes, they feel kinda empty. I think it would be great if you could collaborate with the maker of the racial reinforcements mod, whose units seem to fit nearly seamlessly imo. The New Dawn mod would also be a good place to look as well.
Last edited by str86lol; Oct 11, 2015 @ 2:10am
Shaithias  [developer] Oct 12, 2015 @ 12:39pm 
@sethgaines unfortunately, my mod will always require the dark elf template. The reason is that the dark elf template contains all the dark elf skins, and they are not released seperately from that mod and the mod editor prohibits you from opening packed rpks and dissection. This is to protect the other mod but in this case it prevents me from using assets from that other mod without including the other mod.

@str86lol I am working with jimmies (garresh) on a warlock class that will work with this. Secondly I am probably going to be adding a population production requirement to dark elf units, and adding in some other racial units.
Shaithias  [developer] Oct 19, 2015 @ 7:19am 
@str86lol
dark elf priestess of lolth added
Kobolds added
wizard added /shadow priestess removed
working on psionic master
Nefrogitis Nov 22, 2015 @ 7:14pm 
Why remove Shadow Priestesses? They mesh will with the Dark Elves lore.
Shaithias  [developer] Nov 23, 2015 @ 9:37am 
The shadow priestess and the wizard unit overlapped to much. The shadow priestess was turned into the priestess of lolth which is a more specialized shadow priestess, and their lightning was put into the wizards capable hands. The priestess of lolth is an exceptionally powerful unit, they are designed to first blind from a distance, then incapacitate, and finally to web their foes with the webs of lolth herself conjured into reality before unleashing the devestating inflict agony ability. I *could* replace the inflict agony ability with a ranged lightning attack...? The only issue with that is the fact that dark elves eschew the standard magical bolts, and instead rely on spells, blades, and arrows.
Last edited by Shaithias; Nov 23, 2015 @ 9:38am
Lethalite Jan 4, 2016 @ 7:45pm 
This mod still being worked on?
Shaithias  [developer] Jan 5, 2016 @ 2:38pm 
Yes the mod is still being worked on. It is on the back burner at the moment and its getting trimmed down and some things like spells and some of the dark elf structure effects are getting split off into another mod I am working on. I am working on a big spell and structure overhaul right now to be able to build and raze structures. I am also working on a desolate lands mod that introduces a hardmode to the game, like making it impossible to clear certain structures.
Last edited by Shaithias; Jan 5, 2016 @ 2:39pm
Morphic Jan 13, 2016 @ 10:54am 
Hey is it intended for Dark Elves to be unable to heal naturally on the Surface? Their "Weakness to Light" trait doesn't exactly state this but I noticed that they don't regen while on the Surface.

If this is intended, that's cool since it makes sense flavor-wise and acts as a balancing agent ... but not being able to regen at all is a massive downside early-game on Surface starting maps. Would it be possible to add in a "reduced" natural healing factor while on the Surface? Like instead of regaining ~10 HP per turn they only get 5 HP on the Surface or something. Maybe an early game structure that provides units some form of healing on the Surface?
Shaithias  [developer] Jan 13, 2016 @ 11:13am 
It is intended and I will add that to description. The upside is that they have massively increased healing underground. I will try to add healing to the torture chamber.
Last edited by Shaithias; Jan 13, 2016 @ 11:15am
Morphic Jan 13, 2016 @ 9:44pm 
Originally posted by Shaithias:
It is intended and I will add that to description. The upside is that they have massively increased healing underground. I will try to add healing to the torture chamber.

Ah okay, I kinda figured something like that. I hadn't been able to use them Underground yet, as I just got the Mod. However they do seem surprisingly balanced overall and it does enrich the game experience.
Aredrino Apr 9, 2016 @ 6:02pm 
My suggestion is that you put down in the description what synergies between classes, dark elves provide.

Arch druid hunters, for example. What do they get if you are a dark elf? You havent written any of that stuff anywhere. =p And since it's a mod you can't really theory craft through a wiki-page.
Phælin Feb 27, 2019 @ 2:03am 
This is a great mod.
Would it be possible to turn-off the helmets from the units, though? It seems most of them have this huge headpiece on, and I personally would love to remove that.
Best regards! :)
Last edited by Phælin; Feb 27, 2019 @ 2:04am
Sam Mar 1, 2019 @ 6:49pm 
Evolutions not working for me, neither normal or ghoul units
Shaithias  [developer] Mar 1, 2019 @ 7:53pm 
Which evolution is not working?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50