Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V

Prehistoric Era Reborn
taw.audie Apr 2, 2018 @ 9:13pm
Does not download
I clicked the suscribe button and waited a few minutes,then i realized the download bar didn't turn on so i assumed it downloaded instantly and started the game. When i went to the mods bar even after waiting about 20 seconds it wasn't anywhere to be found.So i checked the page on steam again it said i wasn't subscribed so i decided to try it again only to have the same result.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
taw.audie Apr 2, 2018 @ 9:16pm 
I'll try clicking the subscribe link right before bedtime since it's already late at night and if it doesn't work by next morning i don't know what else to do
taw.audie Apr 2, 2018 @ 9:32pm 
Restarted the game to make sure i wasn't doing anything wrong, and it didn't appear again even though it said i was subscribed after exiting the game,next time i tried deleting one of my mods with no luck. Looked like a really cool mod,but turned out being completely broken.
taw.audie Apr 2, 2018 @ 10:01pm 
Just tried unsubscribing and reinstalling while in the game as a last ditch effort,but it still didn't work. Guess i'm going to have to go with the version that starts at 6000 BC,but i doubt that will work either.
taw.audie Apr 4, 2018 @ 2:26pm 
I might as well stop posting complaint discussions,nobody ever listens to them anyway
taw.audie Apr 12, 2018 @ 3:04pm 
So i just got off watching a troubleshooting guide on Youtube and decided to check my mod folder,only to find out that the mod was in yet another ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ zip folder. My computer didn't come with winzip,and the last time i tried downloading 7zip more than a year ago it turned out to be a virus and i got a bunch of ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ pop ups and it took an hour to remove.
taw.audie Apr 14, 2018 @ 5:31pm 
So just tried downloading it manually which gave me a RAR folder. Had to download WinRar and i was surprised that it wasn't a ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ virus. Now let's pray that it actually works
csa_ap_hill Nov 28, 2018 @ 2:52am 
did it ever work?
csa_ap_hill Nov 28, 2018 @ 3:09am 
I'm having issues as well 4th or 5th or more times of trying to download to mods folder then starting thsi up(stream), pasting the name in hit search and finding this one I hit subscribe go look in mods in game andit will either not show or if it does says transfering for like a ton of time.
I dont' have the 7zip stuff or winrar what ever But what I do or did do is download to a file on desktop or some place. Right click file or left click as I do since I have my mouse set for left handed, hit put to zip file find the zip file left.right click that hit extract all and extract to civ5 mods filder I assume this is ok as well? so if it's ok then whey is it taking so long? can't really be the connection as some might say since I do have ok speeds of 1.5 gigs. could be a firewall thing so I may check that dunno.
as for the above guys issues I seen something on youtube that says to delete all the cache files in civ 5's file directory then redownload-resubscribe or uncheck subscribe then resubscribe and might need to reload the game for it to show in mods.
I want to ask is this game/mod only assuming the evolution asspect of things and if I ever get to play it what civs or leaders will it have? I see at fanatics it has something about Giants so assumeing it's sort of Biblical? Hope so kind of and I'd want the isreal aspect of either or both David or Solomon. or other like Noah Moses Abraham etc...
But about this time period not 4004bc plus I want the time to go slower/ meanning isntead of 100 years going by each turn say maybe ten or so instead. that way you can match the era's you're in nd not still be middle age units in 2018 or so.
taw.audie Dec 13, 2018 @ 8:16pm 
I did manage to get it working but I've lost my interest in Civ V since. I've also grown much more mature and calm.
Last edited by taw.audie; Dec 13, 2018 @ 8:21pm
DerKreepero Dec 20, 2018 @ 9:02pm 
Yeah doesn't work for me either. Weird, because all other mods work just fine and issues like this are usually on Workshop end.
Fidel Cashflow Jan 20, 2019 @ 10:53am 
you have to manually download it off the website
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50