Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut

Antumbra Saga
cirion  [developer] Mar 24, 2015 @ 10:13am
Bug Report Party Episode 2: The Revenge of the Bugs
Aw, geez... did you run into a bug? Sorry! Please post the details here, and I will spring into action to reproduce and fix it. Hold on to your save files; I will usually be able to release a fix that only requires you to restart your current scene.

Known issue: Long pauses after killing enemy IC

This started happening after a recent update to Dragonfall. From what I can tell, it seems to be triggered by a bug in the game engine; the same problem occasionally occurs when killing IC in the official Dragonfall campaign. So far I haven't been able to find a work-around short of completely removing certain types of IC from the game.

The engine fixes itself after about 30 seconds, so this problem is annoying but shouldn't be game-breaking. I'm hoping that a future update to Dragonfall will fix this, or maybe I'll be able to figure out how to work around it on my end. We will see!

Troubleshooting: Eclipse is too dark

Some users have reported that the fog-of-war isn't removed from within Eclipse, making it impossible to navigate. There are a couple of things to try.

First, if you are running with any cheats enabled, try disabling them. In particular, if you have increased the speed up to (e.g.) 250%, try resetting it to 100% or 108%. The higher speed seems to interfere with the engine's calculation of lines of sight in this environment.

If that doesn't apply to you, try the following steps.
  • Rewind to Embarcadero.
  • Walk to the terminal to the southwest of the map.
  • Once you get close to it, the terminal will become interactable. Click on it to open the in-game testing screen.
  • Select the option to simplify scenes for slower computers.
  • Continue playing to Eclipse. Most of the extraneous characters and lighting effects will now be removed; this has resolved the problem for some players.

Troubleshooting: I'm stuck!

If you suspect you're facing a puzzle, you might want to consult the hints.

If the game itself appears to be stuck (you can't move your character), you can sometimes get past it by doing the following:
  • Press Ctrl + F1.
  • Click Cmd (at the top of the screen.)
  • Click inside the text box that appears to the right.
  • Type in "endturn" (without the quotes) and press Enter.

Additionally, you can try opening and closing your PDA.

Even if that works, please still leave a report here so I can investigate and fix the underlying problem causing your game to get stuck.

Note: I've archived the original bug thread; the vast majority of issues in there have been addressed, and it was getting hard for people to search. Feel free to continue any discussions here if you're still encountering problems.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 132 comments
HamburgerHo Apr 13, 2015 @ 4:33pm 
not sure if this is the place to report, but i found a bug

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=424587752

if u can see that screenshot, there's an unknown item on Left i am unable to pick up in the Antumbra Saga subsc. 'Pyramid Operations' the second room with turrets, that is right before the room with hostages that u must rescue (megacorp executive hostages)."

i would be happy to post my other suggestions after playing through the awesome Antumbra Saga... please LMK where i can post suggestions for this subscription
Last edited by HamburgerHo; Apr 13, 2015 @ 4:34pm
cirion  [developer] Apr 13, 2015 @ 8:55pm 
@HamburgerHo - Yep, this is the right place to report bugs. Good find, thanks! I'll make sure this fix is included in the next patch.

If you have any other technical suggestions (bugs, graphical glitches, typos, etc.), this thread is the best place to put them. More general suggestions usually go in the main Discussion thread, but I'll read stuff wherever it's posted. Keep in mind that I won't be making any huge changes to this campaign, but if any small tweaks can improve things for future players, I'm happy to make them. Cheers!
fritztcoyote Apr 24, 2015 @ 10:20am 
Bug, hangs after Tabitha Intervention at battle of Shasta Dam.

She comes out of her cave and yells at us to get of her lawn.
And we get a message at the bottom that Taxi-hoosits (that killable free fire spirit) 'unleashes a torrent of destruction'.. he sure does. he hangs the game. Done. Have to reload a save and try again.
cirion  [developer] Apr 24, 2015 @ 7:37pm 
@fritztcoyote - Thanks for the report, and apologies for the bug!

I've run through this scene a few times, and haven't been able to reproduce the bug you describe. There's a lot going on in this encounter, though, and I might be overlooking some combination of factors that can trigger it.

If you continue encountering this problem, it would help me a lot if you could send me a save game file from shortly before you encounter the hanging. Here[shadowrun-returns.wikispaces.com] are instructions on where to find your saves. You can upload it to a site like dropbox or google drive and post the link here, or email it to me - my username at gmail dot com. Thanks! (If it doesn't keep happening to you, don't worry about investigating, I'll keep looking into things from my end.)
fritztcoyote Apr 25, 2015 @ 5:20am 
Sorry, was able to step around it by using a quicksave at the start of each 'player turn' ... and don't have a save close to the lockup event. It looks like it may have been due to triggering Toxi's Rampage AND Tabitha's Intervention at the the same time? By triggering his rampage first, her intervention stopped the rampage and then was just a matter of dealing with the hordes of keebs and the aftermath of her intervention.
Duckstep May 22, 2015 @ 8:49pm 
in the starting club, Antumbra. I sucker punched the guard on the door to exit the scene. While in combat 2 guards coming to aid him would only run up to me but would not attack. it was the "human in white shirt with pistol" and "orc from the entrance". So in other words, was an effortless fight.
cirion  [developer] May 23, 2015 @ 4:54am 
@GaussMode - Thanks for the report! I think this is fixed now. If you still notice any problems, please check that you're updated to the latest version of Dragonfall (2.0.9, visible by opening your in-game PDA).
Duckstep May 23, 2015 @ 10:28am 
in the mission district when i first approach the marines and gangers at a stand off, I used my security skill to help disperse the marines. 2 of the marines did not join combat but instead just stood there instead of disappearing. May be worth looking at if used the gang ettiquette.

Really this is just an eye candy bug to me but thought it was worth noting.

And Hailey cant override the gate controller at the Stuffer Shack
Last edited by Duckstep; May 23, 2015 @ 10:30am
cirion  [developer] May 23, 2015 @ 11:09am 
@GaussMode - Good catch, thanks! The bug with the marines was caused by a recent change to the Dragonfall engine that slipped past me; I'll have a fix in the next update. Cheers!
Blackray Jack May 24, 2015 @ 5:06am 
I'm having major trouble with the Eclipse club on my first visit. The FOV doesn't follow me properly so areas don't get revealed. As a result I'm clicking in the dark until the game randomly decides to grace me by allowing me to see.

I've tried reloaded my game, I've tried exited and reloaded the game, I've tried rewinding back to an earlier time. I don't have any cheats or any fancy BS running. Just the game and the mod. I don't know what to do, this is essentially a brick wall. All three floors suffer from this problem.
Last edited by Blackray Jack; May 24, 2015 @ 5:19am
cirion  [developer] May 24, 2015 @ 7:09am 
Hey @Blackray Jack - Have you tried following the steps listed under "Troubleshooting: Eclipse is too dark" at the top of this page? That has helped some other people with similar problems.
Blackray Jack May 24, 2015 @ 3:38pm 
Originally posted by Blackray Jack:
I've tried reloaded my game, I've tried exited and reloaded the game, I've tried rewinding back to an earlier time. I don't have any cheats or any fancy BS running. Just the game and the mod.

I believe my first post outlined essentially all of your suggestions.
Last edited by Blackray Jack; May 24, 2015 @ 3:48pm
cirion  [developer] May 24, 2015 @ 4:03pm 
@Blackray Jack - to be clear, did you specifically do this?
Walk to the terminal to the southwest of the map.
Once you get close to it, the terminal will become interactable. Click on it to open the in-game testing screen.
Select the option to simplify scenes for slower computers.
Blackray Jack May 24, 2015 @ 4:13pm 
There is no terminal on the first floor. Are you talking about the third floor terminal where you research for that decker?
cirion  [developer] May 24, 2015 @ 4:50pm 
No - please try this:
1. Rewind to Embarcadero.
2. While on the Embarcadero map, walk to the terminal to the southwest of the map.
3. Once you get close to it, the terminal will become interactable. Click on it to open the in-game testing screen.
4. Select the option to simplify scenes for slower computers.
5. Complete the Embarcadero scene and continue to Eclipse.
Hope this helps!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 132 comments
Per page: 1530 50