Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

The Old Realms Core Module (Knights and Saints update)
Is the insane number of bandits a bug or a feature?
At any given time there are between 15 and 30 bandit parties of varying sizes on screen at any given time, and 2 times I've had to restart because they catch you off the game start spawn.

I can work my way up to fight them if I need to, but would like to know if it is a feature or a bug
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
R4MPZY  [developer] Mar 24 @ 8:03am 
Its both and neither. We use the vanilla values for bandits and somehow this is how it ended up, at first it didnt really bother us until many complaints came so we're changing it in the new update.
Boss Mar 31 @ 7:35pm 
I'm just not enjoying every basic bandit having shields. Shields everywhere. The absolutely most frustrating thing to fight in the game.
R4MPZY  [developer] Apr 1 @ 5:43am 
They dont though? Cultists have no shields
most other bandits do though, the empire deserters, vampire roaming bands etc all have shields and on day 1 with no money and only peasants to fight with its a bit insane

good to know the upcoming update will have a config for it though
Oh thank god its getting fixed, i was just about to unsub. The vendors also have no gold so you cant sell anything even when you beat a few bandits. Definitely needs fixing to be playable
R4MPZY  [developer] Apr 26 @ 12:40pm 
Originally posted by LaughingBird:
Oh thank god its getting fixed, i was just about to unsub. The vendors also have no gold so you cant sell anything even when you beat a few bandits. Definitely needs fixing to be playable
Venders have the same amount of gold as in vanilla, if you sold too much they need to have some time in order to get money again. And to be honest its very much playable, we're fixing the bandits for other reasons since most actually enjoy it, thats why we have to make it configurable.
Fraud Apr 28 @ 10:03pm 
the bandit situation is only rough in the very early portions of the game. Stick to cultists until your mounted troop count is high enough to take on deserters. send troops with lords and you get an inordinate amount of loot. Deserter loot sometimes drops decently priced armor or weapons that you can sell. Rinse and repeat until you've got like 50k.
Originally posted by R4MPZY:
Its both and neither. We use the vanilla values for bandits and somehow this is how it ended up, at first it didnt really bother us until many complaints came so we're changing it in the new update.
How long until the new version is released, cannot wait back to Old Realm again
R4MPZY  [developer] May 7 @ 8:30am 
Originally posted by Panzer grenadier:
Originally posted by R4MPZY:
How long until the new version is released, cannot wait back to Old Realm again
We dont have an ETA.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50