Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

[VScript] VSH Tiny Rock
Gavitro Apr 10, 2023 @ 6:02pm
Some Feedback
Instead of posting one comment, I'm gonna try having a long-term discussion for feedback. Here is my take:
Hale absolutely should have less health.
The new abilities that Hale has at his disposal, combined with the smaller and tighter map design, make for faster-paced rounds compared to the Sourcemod version of VSH. However, it seems to me that Hale's base health has not been decreased to compensate, being roughly the same as in Sourcemod.
From the hours I've played, the round score is disproportional, with Hale having much more wins than the Mercs. He can kill the Mercs very quickly with his new speed, but the Mercs have trouble outpacing him through damage. One way that the Mercs can keep up is to have spies backstabbing him, but given that I've had a team with 6 spies on it, this can become a stale meta.
Given that this map is designed to potentially be added in Casual mode, I think the distribution of wins between Hale and the Mercs should be roughly even, and decreasing health may be one way to even the odds.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
eliransh170 Apr 11, 2023 @ 5:42am 
good
Josedx9 Apr 12, 2023 @ 8:46am 
actually, the health of this Saxton Hale is quite a bit lower than the original mode.

The real problem is the accessibility of the mercenaries against Saxton Hale.
For example it's impossible to melee Saxton without him instantly killing you (especially because of his Saxton punch which does true damage).
In some Freak Fortress servers they mitigate this problem by adding extra skills to the mercenaries based on the weapons they use, I resorted to one where if you equipped the KGB to the Heavy, he lost his minigun but in exchange he got 500 life points and every time you hit the boss it would restore a percentage of your health, making it fun to melee the boss.
NOPE² Apr 12, 2023 @ 1:16pm 
Originally posted by Josedx9:
actually, the health of this Saxton Hale is quite a bit lower than the original mode.

For example it's impossible to melee Saxton without him instantly killing you (especially because of his Saxton punch which does true damage).
In some Freak Fortress servers they mitigate this problem by adding extra skills to the mercenaries based on the weapons they use, I resorted to one where if you equipped the KGB to the Heavy, he lost his minigun but in exchange he got 500 life points and every time you hit the boss it would restore a percentage of your health, making it fun to melee the boss.
It doesn't need to be funny hitting the BOSS with the melee because he is BOSS and of course he must onehit almost every class to be dangerous. The advantage you get is your guns and you can't just go and fight with melee on a melee boss. That's absurd.
Talking about accessibility, I think there will be some weapon changes making comfortable to play on all the classes and use all the weapons
Josedx9 Apr 12, 2023 @ 5:08pm 
Originally posted by NOPE² | СССК:
Originally posted by Josedx9:

It doesn't need to be funny hitting the BOSS with the melee because he is BOSS and of course he must onehit almost every class to be dangerous. The advantage you get is your guns and you can't just go and fight with melee on a melee boss. That's absurd.
Talking about accessibility, I think there will be some weapon changes making comfortable to play on all the classes and use all the weapons

Well, I disagree, because in my opinion and what has been demonstrated in extensive freak fortress servers, giving players more options to deal with the boss generates more fun, both for the players and for the boss.
Also there are the weapons designed specifically to be used in melee, if they are not optimized to fight in a game mode where there is only one target to hit, then they are completely discarded and useless.
2013GooGler Apr 23, 2023 @ 1:16pm 
I would also increase the speed of building sentry and his xp. Engineer in this mode is as useless as a spy. Hale is stupidly demolishing third level sentry with one or two hits and it's impossible to defend sentry.

Engineer, Sniper, Spy. They need to get buffed at once.
I noticed that the Saxton Hale model's eyes texture is repeating itself. It needs to be fixed with the clamp s and clamp t filters on.
D-ray Mar 27 @ 1:46pm 
I personally would like to see a less "random" approach to becoming Saxton Hale.
The thing I NEVER liked (even in the og) is that you can spend an HOUR playing as the mercenaries because you are unlucky, but other people can play like 3 or more times in the same time span.

I think they should add something that influences the chances of getting chosen as Hale.
For instance, the game already kinda makes you race for the highest damage dealt to Hale, but what if that score can affect the chance of getting chosen?

Like, if you deal A LOT of damage, you'll get a higher chance, and if you don't, you'll get a lower one.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50