RimWorld

RimWorld

Roo's Minotaur Xenotype
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Rooboid  [developer] Feb 3, 2023 @ 8:53am
Roo's Minotaur Xenotype - Bugs
Q: I'm having slowdown / TPS issues / red errors regarding chunks.
A: Go into the mod settings and enable "Regenerate Chunks". Leave your save ticking until the debug log reports: "Done regenerating chunks".

If that fails, delete “RBM_Patches_Chunks” from the "Patches" folder. Chunks won’t be equippable anymore, but it may fix any errors you’re having.

Q: I'm seeing the error "Exception Ticking Chunk..."
A: See above Q.

Q: I don't want rock chunks to be throwable.
A: Tick "Disable Weaponized Chunks" and "Regenerate Chunks" in the mod settings menu. Restart, and chunks will no longer be weapons.

Q: Pawns with unguligrade legs still have toes.
A: The same happens with pawns with vanilla’s trotter hands. If you have Vanilla Framework Expanded installed, this will fix the issue and give pawns with the unguligrade legs gene unique legs.

Q: A pawn is eating hay forever.
A: Hay gives no nutrition to pawns that do not have a ruminant stomach, so if you have a mod that allows all pawns to eat hay, they will never become full and get stuck in a loop. Please report any mod conflicts that cause this issue and, for now, uninstall the culprit mod.

Q: A pawn isn't producing milk even though they have the Lactation gene.
A: Go into Roo's Minotaur Xenotype's Mod Settings, and ensure that the gender of the pawn is checked to be milkable. Then, the ability should appear when the pawn is selected. If you've built a milking machine, make sure that the pawn can do "basic" work. As long as they can do basic work, even at a low priority, they will milk themselves on a milking machine when they're ready.

Q: I don't like [insert mod feature here].
A: You can change and disable features of this mod in the mod settings menu.

Please report any bugs you encounter below, with a link to the error you're getting.
Last edited by Rooboid; Feb 16, 2023 @ 5:26am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
Krusaeider Feb 4, 2023 @ 6:04am 
Your minotaur mods brick my TPS completely on an ongoing 10 days old colony, no idea why, any idea ?

Maybe because of the faction adding on a ongoing game ?
Last edited by Krusaeider; Feb 4, 2023 @ 6:12am
Rooboid  [developer] Feb 4, 2023 @ 6:28am 
Originally posted by Krusaeider:
Your minotaur mods brick my TPS completely on an ongoing 10 days old colony, no idea why, any idea ?

Hey, sorry that's happening, thats no good; are you using the Expanded version too? Is your game producing an error log or is it just hard crashing?
Krusaeider Feb 4, 2023 @ 7:41am 
Originally posted by Rooboid:

Hey, sorry that's happening, thats no good; are you using the Expanded version too? Is your game producing an error log or is it just hard crashing?

Yes i use both of your minotaur mods and got some minor errors and no crashing just terrible framerate to the point of unplayable.

i use 142 mods in my current playthrough, dont get me wrong im old enough to know that there are endless possibilites of mod problems.

Just never encountered that a faction mod that isnt active on my map kills the framerate.

I would love to use your mod so i will do some testing and maybe pin point the problem, do your mods work with xenotype spawn control and vanilla expanded framework ?
Rooboid  [developer] Feb 4, 2023 @ 7:56am 

Yes i use both of your minotaur mods and got some minor errors and no crashing just terrible framerate to the point of unplayable.

i use 142 mods in my current playthrough, dont get me wrong im old enough to know that there are endless possibilites of mod problems.

Just never encountered that a faction mod that isnt active on my map kills the framerate.

I would love to use your mod so i will do some testing and maybe pin point the problem, do your mods work with xenotype spawn control and vanilla expanded framework ?

Wow, that's crazy. We've just been testing the mod with Dub's Performance Analyser, and all seems good on our end, so it sounds like a mod conflict of some kind could be slowing you down, you're right.

Regarding the minor errors you mentioned, if you want to send over your error log, we'll take a look and see if they could be causing the slowdown.

The mods are both compatible with VEF, but I've not tested them with Xenotype Spawn Control. 🤔
SilentStriker115 Feb 4, 2023 @ 7:57am 
I'm having the same TPS issue. The logs are here https://gist.github.com/feb7dc66458ebaf97ae48292e1437a67. In the error log it appears to be having trouble rendering all the chunks on my map
Rooboid  [developer] Feb 4, 2023 @ 8:24am 
Originally posted by SilentStriker115:
I'm having the same TPS issue. The logs are here https://gist.github.com/feb7dc66458ebaf97ae48292e1437a67. In the error log it appears to be having trouble rendering all the chunks on my map

Thanks so much for sending your log over, we're taking a look now. You're right, it's absolutely the chunks, it seems to be an incompatibility with something Vanilla Expanded, but I'm not sure what yet.

If you have a second, could you go to Mods > Roo's Minotaur Xenotype > Advanced > Show Folder Location, then go into "Patches" and delete "RBM_Patches_Chunks". Rock chunks won't be throwable anymore, but does it fix your TPS issue?
Krusaeider Feb 4, 2023 @ 8:55am 
Yeah thanks silentstriker, i have the same errors in the logs.
Rooboid  [developer] Feb 4, 2023 @ 9:27am 

@SilentStriker115 The logs suggest to me that something about Vanilla Framework Expanded doesn't like what results it gets when it checks the chunks' verbs. I've tried running the game will the full VE suite but I'm not getting any errors. :steamsad:

If you could export your modlist via mod manager, find it in your LocalLow and send it over, it'd make testing a lot faster, but no worries if not!
SilentStriker115 Feb 4, 2023 @ 9:51am 

@SilentStriker115 The logs suggest to me that something about Vanilla Framework Expanded doesn't like what results it gets when it checks the chunks' verbs. I've tried running the game will the full VE suite but I'm not getting any errors. :steamsad:

If you could export your modlist via mod manager, find it in your LocalLow and send it over, it'd make testing a lot faster, but no worries if not!

I have a file of my modslist I just made with rimpy, not sure how I'd get it on here. As for the patches it does solve the TPS issue if I delete the RBM_PATCHES_CHUNKS file
xt4enk Feb 4, 2023 @ 2:53pm 
Same errors in log for me too; I'll just delete the RBM_PATCHES_CHUNKS file for now.

"could export your modlist via mod manager, find it in your LocalLow and send it over"

Do you mean the new 1.4 vanilla mod manager, and use the "Save / load list" button, save said list; and then find the corresponding .xml file in the folder stated below:

"LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\ModLists"

If that is the file you want, what would be the best way to link a download, or something, to that file onto steam forums?

Strangely, I wasn't getting this issue in a "Dev quicktest" game, from the main menu; so maybe it's just incompatible with ongoing games? Or maybe I was just sufficiently far enough into a heavily modded game. I didn't have this dev quicktest game running for more than 5 minutes, max.

Either way, cool mod; kinda crazy that your other mods are just hair/tattoo style ones. This is full VE level.

I'll subscribe to the discussion to get notifications on it, so I could help you find the issue. <3
Rooboid  [developer] Feb 4, 2023 @ 5:21pm 
Originally posted by xt4enk:
Same errors in log for me too; I'll just delete the RBM_PATCHES_CHUNKS file for now.

"could export your modlist via mod manager, find it in your LocalLow and send it over"

Do you mean the new 1.4 vanilla mod manager, and use the "Save / load list" button, save said list; and then find the corresponding .xml file in the folder stated below:

"LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\ModLists"

If that is the file you want, what would be the best way to link a download, or something, to that file onto steam forums?

Strangely, I wasn't getting this issue in a "Dev quicktest" game, from the main menu; so maybe it's just incompatible with ongoing games? Or maybe I was just sufficiently far enough into a heavily modded game. I didn't have this dev quicktest game running for more than 5 minutes, max.

Either way, cool mod; kinda crazy that your other mods are just hair/tattoo style ones. This is full VE level.

I'll subscribe to the discussion to get notifications on it, so I could help you find the issue. <3

Hey, sorry you're having the issue, but also, thank you! You've given us a really good clue, regarding it being added to an ongoing game. We were testing the bug on new save files, so perhaps the error is due to the game getting whiplash from chunks on your map suddenly being classed as weapons! We'll do more testing tomorrow and see what we can do.

And thanks, I'm glad you like the mod. If you'd like to send me your mod list via discord or dropbox or something, I'd be more than happy to load your mods and do more testing with them. But no pressure!
Gyroscopiclaser Feb 4, 2023 @ 10:07pm 
I'm getting the same issue with TPS drops and chunk errors when loading an ongoing save. New games seem to be fine.

Here's my modlist:
https://pastebin.com/1vAELTTh

Sorry it's so big. If you get another list with the same issue, you can use something like this [superuser.com] to narrow it down.
Seanbeag Feb 5, 2023 @ 10:35am 
I keep getting told my pawns need the Herculean trait to pick up stuff from other mods.
Quell Feb 5, 2023 @ 10:43am 
Originally posted by SilentStriker115:

Thanks so much for sending your log over, we're taking a look now. You're right, it's absolutely the chunks, it seems to be an incompatibility with something Vanilla Expanded, but I'm not sure what yet.

If you have a second, could you go to Mods > Roo's Minotaur Xenotype > Advanced > Show Folder Location, then go into "Patches" and delete "RBM_Patches_Chunks". Rock chunks won't be throwable anymore, but does it fix your TPS issue?

I was having the same problem (on an existing save) and deleting that file solved the TPS drop and errors being generated for me.
Rooboid  [developer] Feb 5, 2023 @ 10:58am 
Originally posted by Seanbeag:
I keep getting told my pawns need the Herculean trait to pick up stuff from other mods.

Hey, that's odd. The only reason I can see this happening is if the weaponClass of the modded weapon is null. Could you link me to one of the weapons mods your using that's giving you this bug?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
Per page: 1530 50