Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

fhqwhgads' Vehicle Pack - The Motorious Zone
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
fhqwhgads  [developer] Apr 10, 2022 @ 5:35pm
Bug Reports
Please post any outstanding bugs here. This was a larger project than my others with some new vehicle types, so some things may have slipped through the cracks.

Regarding issues with multiplayer

There are a few different quirks to playing online with mods, and there are a few universal issues that can be worked out. Note that hosting from the menu has its own issues, one of which is a limitation that can't be prevented. Generally, if you want to use a lot of mods in MP, it's best to do it through a dedicated server instead, even a locally hosted one.

If you get "file doesn't exist on client/server": First, try running the game with as little mods enabled as possible, the only mods that must be enabled on launch are mods that directly replace vanilla files (usually texture, model, or sound replacers. These can even be installed manually to overwrite the files if that makes it easier). If it still happens, usually it means that the workshop didn't update your local version of the mod, usually deleting and redownloading the mod is enough, but also check AuthenticPeach's guide about these issues here[theindiestone.com] as it affects every mod on the Workshop as well.

If you're hosting from the menu and the server shuts down on load: this is not caused by any mod specifcally. This means you've passed a loading time threshold from hosting from the menu, and the server essentially times out. Mods that are heavy on lua functions in particular can increase loading times. Dedicated servers do not have this issue, so if you want to use a lot of mods, consider locally hosting a dedicated server.
Last edited by fhqwhgads; Jul 14, 2023 @ 1:49am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 120 comments
Rikoyts Apr 13, 2022 @ 4:07am 
Hello, yesterday I was playing normal on my server with 1 friend, and today when I start it it says this:
File doesn't exist on the client:

media/lua/server/vehicles/fhqmotoriousdis.lua
D:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\108600\2791656602\mods\fhqwhgads' Motorious Zone\media\lua\server\vehicles\fhqMotoriousdis.lua

Maybe I'm not the only one, I was really enjoying your mod. Greetings!
John Walker Apr 13, 2022 @ 4:26am 
I'm getting the same issue.
Last edited by John Walker; Apr 13, 2022 @ 4:27am
fhqwhgads  [developer] Apr 13, 2022 @ 4:33am 
I did update the mod earlier, so it could be the cause of this issue. Sometimes the workshop doesn't update properly, so try unsubbing and resubbing to the mod for the host/server and any clients if they still have the issue. I did also add some new sub-mods to the files, so ensure that that the proper mods are enabled (just fhqMotoriusZone for the mod as it functioned before)
Last edited by fhqwhgads; Apr 13, 2022 @ 4:35am
John Walker Apr 13, 2022 @ 4:39am 
Re-subbing worked. Thanks for the quick response.
Engine Of Darkness Apr 15, 2022 @ 11:02am 
Quick Headsup regarding the error

function: fhqMotorious_ISCarMechanicsOverlay.lua -- file: fhqMotorious_ISCarMechanicsOverlay.lua line # 140

ERROR: General , 1649550975621> ExceptionLogger.logException> Exception thrown java.lang.RuntimeException: attempted index of non-table at KahluaUtil.fail line:82.

As someone in the comments also pointed out this is caused by broken code in the Mod

"Vilespring's M113A1 Armored Personnel Carrier"

I already reported the error on the mods workshop page:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1983277711/1747895465440191491/?ctp=4#c5737031847490022871

Vilespring would have to fix that on his side, because it can break more than just this mod here.
fhqwhgads  [developer] Apr 15, 2022 @ 5:53pm 
Originally posted by Engine Of Darkness:
Quick Headsup regarding the error
I did fix the error on my end, but it is odd that the M113 caused it out of all vehicles with custom overlays. It didn't cause any major adverse effects though, just messed with the "hotspots" on the mechanics overlay with some of my vehicles that had custom mechanics overlays. It would mess with others who implemented custom positions of shared parts in the way I had originally.
Last edited by fhqwhgads; Apr 15, 2022 @ 6:05pm
It's because that Mods lua file overwrites the GasTank Table with a Table that does not include the "vehicles" subtable at all anymore.

This then causes an issue when your (or other mods) want to add entries to that subtable (which does not exist anymore)

E.g. your mod does this (which is correct)

ISCarMechanicsOverlay.PartList["GasTank"].vehicles["fhqvwbus_"] = {x=182,y=496,x2=264,y2=549};

And lua complains

attempted index of non-table

The Index is "fhqvwbus_" and the "non-table" is "vehicles"

This happens because your code expects "GasTank" to contain a subtable called "vehicles" to which you want to add your definition. (which is fine as is, since GasTank is a vanilla definition that contains the "vehicles" subtable)

But since the "vehicle" table no longer exists due to the other mod, you get the aforementioned error when trying to assign your config to the vehicles table.

So it isn't an error on your side at all.
fhqwhgads  [developer] Apr 15, 2022 @ 9:53pm 
@Engine of Darkness Ahh, I see. I had "fixed" it on my end by adding a line that would create the "vehicles" table for the gas tank part if it didn't exist, so that makes sense.
piech May 6, 2022 @ 9:12am 
If motorius zone is active mod on server after creating character server disconnect and game crash
fhqwhgads  [developer] May 6, 2022 @ 6:09pm 
Originally posted by 𝖕𝖎𝖊𝖈𝖍:
If motorius zone is active mod on server after creating character server disconnect and game crash

This seems to happen sometimes after a mod update, try restarting the server if it's dedicated. Otherwise, try unsubscribing/deleting the mod for the host/server and resubscribing to see if that helps. If it still is causing issues, post some info from the logs so I can check to see if it's a mod conflict.
Steven (s0ma87) May 10, 2022 @ 1:23pm 
this mod keeps saying im missing a file for it to work any one have any idear ?
fhqwhgads  [developer] May 10, 2022 @ 7:02pm 
Originally posted by steven14000:
this mod keeps saying im missing a file for it to work any one have any idear ?

If this is on MP, you or the host may have to unsubscribe and resubscribe to the mod.
Steven (s0ma87) May 11, 2022 @ 4:10am 
@fhqwhgads yes i had to re validate my files due to anthother mod messing with urs thank you for ur reply best wish bud
Qomzergrenadier May 15, 2022 @ 7:13am 
It works like a charm in single player mode but on a multiplayer server, I get a file not found on server error. I reinstalled the mod several times but to no avail. Would appreciate some feedback.
fhqwhgads  [developer] May 15, 2022 @ 4:50pm 
Originally posted by Entegham-e-Seft:
It works like a charm in single player mode but on a multiplayer server, I get a file not found on server error. I reinstalled the mod several times but to no avail. Would appreciate some feedback.

If unsubscribing/resubscribing doesn't work, you might have to manually delete the mod files from the host/server and redownload it. The issues with the workshop are part of the reason I'm thinking of updating the mod on a specific day of the week, or less often (and also why I released the LM002 as standalone first).
Last edited by fhqwhgads; May 15, 2022 @ 5:37pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 120 comments
Per page: 1530 50