Barotrauma

Barotrauma

Ammo Mod
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Laryssa  [developer] Feb 6, 2022 @ 6:05pm
Balance Suggestions
you feel something is over power or maybe something is too weak? Just tell me here.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Hrabia Feb 10, 2022 @ 8:46am 
is nice
Pedro Alcântara Mar 20, 2023 @ 2:30pm 
I really think that, albeit hard to craft, So long as you can craft them without an recipe requirement, i could get the fox guns even before the vanilla ones and that was pretty unbalanced (By the way you forgot to add a skill requirement for the FOX hmg, only 40 seconds to craft it without any weapon skills)

One way you could make a jorney out of crafting the fox guns without touching the talent skills is to make them a direct upgrade to their vanilla counterparts requiring their components + recipe, For example

Crafting Fox HMG:
Vanilla HMG (Requires the warlord skill)/ Fox Components Scrap (Requires to explore wrecks, only found at certain % difficulties in the game)/The psycorium or dementonite, maybe both

And then repeat the loop for every other gun

Old Fox = Rifle + Components
Uzi = Machine Pistol + Components
Plate Gun = SMG (Maybe SMG + Deadeye carabine? since SMG can be unlocked earlier) + Components
POG = Riot (And maybe boomstick too?) + Components and so on

That way getting the custom powerfull guns have an actual progression
Keep the good work!

(I later founfd out you actually is doing this but only with ALOF, you should definitively do it with all the other guns)
Last edited by Pedro Alcântara; Mar 20, 2023 @ 4:53pm
Pedro Alcântara Mar 20, 2023 @ 4:51pm 
You should increase the steel requirement for ceramic chain gun from 1 to 2 or maybe 3, Its meant to be cost effective but a single steel bar for a box with 350 shots is way too cheesy, Silicon maaaybe can also be increased from 1 to 2
Last edited by Pedro Alcântara; Mar 20, 2023 @ 6:12pm
Laryssa  [developer] Mar 21, 2023 @ 3:31am 
Originally posted by Pedro Alcântara:
I really think that, albeit hard to craft, So long as you can craft them without an recipe requirement, i could get the fox guns even before the vanilla ones and that was pretty unbalanced (By the way you forgot to add a skill requirement for the FOX hmg, only 40 seconds to craft it without any weapon skills)

One way you could make a jorney out of crafting the fox guns without touching the talent skills is to make them a direct upgrade to their vanilla counterparts requiring their components + recipe, For example

Crafting Fox HMG:
Vanilla HMG (Requires the warlord skill)/ Fox Components Scrap (Requires to explore wrecks, only found at certain % difficulties in the game)/The psycorium or dementonite, maybe both

And then repeat the loop for every other gun

Old Fox = Rifle + Components
Uzi = Machine Pistol + Components
Plate Gun = SMG (Maybe SMG + Deadeye carabine? since SMG can be unlocked earlier) + Components
POG = Riot (And maybe boomstick too?) + Components and so on

That way getting the custom powerfull guns have an actual progression
Keep the good work!

(I later founfd out you actually is doing this but only with ALOF, you should definitively do it with all the other guns)

i dont rally wanna mess up with tallent skills becasue i would have to chagne discription of talents in every language to let know players how to unlock it

but your proposition with crafting its preety intersting, and i would think more into it
Laryssa  [developer] Mar 21, 2023 @ 3:33am 
You should increase the steel requirement for ceramic chain gun from 1 to 2 or maybe 3, Its meant to be cost effective but a single steel bar for a box with 350 shots is way too cheesy, Silicon maaaybe can also be increased from 1 to 2

not sure about steel but maybe 2 silicon, cuz its like it have 333 in a box and deal half dmg of original one and original one have 500 bullets in a box
Pedro Alcântara Mar 21, 2023 @ 4:21am 
Originally posted by Laryssa:

not sure about steel but maybe 2 silicon, cuz its like it have 333 in a box and deal half dmg of original one and original one have 500 bullets in a box

Ah, In the example i didnt meant that the fox guns should be unlocked by talents, just that their crafting recipe requires guns that in turn are unlocked by talents, Like the vanilla HMG wich in turn you can be turn into fox HMG and so on, exacly so that way you dont have to meddle with tallents
Last edited by Pedro Alcântara; Mar 21, 2023 @ 4:22am
Pedro Alcântara Apr 2, 2023 @ 3:43pm 
I am having trouble crafting the phosporic paste because the phosporus is not fitting inside the fabricator, sometimes it works when i keep trying but its troublesome

You could make an craftable item that uses 2 slots of 8 phosphorus and said item then is used to craft the paste (Maybe, just so that item isnt used only to craft the paste, you could use it for other items as well)

Also, i think for its recipe, the paste output should be 8, Perhaps 10 instead of 6 (If more than 8 make sure to increase the stack size so it dosent drop out of the fabricator once crafted)

Other than that, I love that the paste makes so much use out of the phosporus that i used to just horde up and sell at outposts after getting them from slaying a few raptors, They finally get a proper purpose, Keep the good work
Last edited by Pedro Alcântara; Apr 2, 2023 @ 3:44pm
Pedro Alcântara Apr 2, 2023 @ 6:13pm 
When i started a test run, I found that the fox components are purchasable right by the first outposts, this kind of makes them pointless, they should have a min level difficulty spawn of 20% maybe 30% and perhaps only found in wrecks so they have an actual rarity
Laryssa  [developer] Apr 2, 2023 @ 6:19pm 
When i started a test run, I found that the fox components are purchasable right by the first outposts, this kind of makes them pointless, they should have a min level difficulty spawn of 20% maybe 30% and perhaps only found in wrecks so they have an actual rarity

it must be my mistake you should be able to buy it only on colony armory merchant and only if you have 100 reputation with europe coalition
Pedro Alcântara Apr 2, 2023 @ 7:19pm 

it must be my mistake you should be able to buy it only on colony armory merchant and only if you have 100 reputation with europe coalition
Oh thats actually great, The base game lacks truly coalition unique items because everything coalition sells can be unlocked by talent while every one else has something actually unique
Last edited by Pedro Alcântara; Apr 2, 2023 @ 7:19pm
Laryssa  [developer] Apr 3, 2023 @ 1:09am 

Oh thats actually great, The base game lacks truly coalition unique items because everything coalition sells can be unlocked by talent while every one else has something actually unique

also i made that this same guy sold for chep copper type ammo if you have right reputation
Pedro Alcântara Apr 3, 2023 @ 9:32am 
There's way too much copper titanium selling at the Mining/extraction outposts(16 exacly, should be half than that or less), and they appear before Min Level Difficulty 15 That titanium itself shows, So we are getting way too much titanium way too early, since we can just desconstruct the copper titanium if we want the titanium itself
Pedro Alcântara Apr 3, 2023 @ 2:10pm 
I found the Fox Revolver selling for dirty cheap (350) in a military outpost at cold caverns, Level difficulty 7% https://i.imgur.com/qTTHB5s.png
NOPE Aug 6, 2023 @ 11:41am 
Phosphoric ammo is OP :captainclown:
Laryssa  [developer] Aug 7, 2023 @ 10:28am 
Originally posted by TRONX:
Phosphoric ammo is OP :captainclown:

It's Quite costly and not so effective against monsters. But biggest downside come with misplaced shot that hit your crew..

BUT

Im still open for suggestions :epiangel:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
Per page: 1530 50