Project Zomboid

Project Zomboid

Customizable Containers
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
dane  [developer] Jan 19, 2022 @ 5:09am
Frequently Asked Questions
TO BE ADDED TO:

What do the Options Change?

I've made an Options Guide, Where I Go Over all Settings.

I'm Getting an Error. How can I Report it?

Navigate to C:\Users\%username%\Zomboid\ then Navigate to this Site[tmpsend.com] and Upload These Files[i.imgur.com] and lastly post the link in the description.

How do I Set this Mod up on a Server?

I've made a Picture Guide [imgur.com] Where I Show How to set it up On a Server/Host.

Mod Compatibility/Incompatibility List
Compatible
Mod Checker (Built-in)
Craft Helper Continued (Recipe Code)
Manage Containers (Tiered Storage Containers)
Rename Containers (Tiered Storage Containers)
Container Item Finder (Tiered Storage Containers)
Search Containers (Tiered Storage Containers)
What Did You Put In Here? (Tiered Storage Containers)
Show Container Contents on Hover (Tiered Storage Containers)
Easy Drop'n'Loot (Tiered Storage Containers)
To Me To You (Tiered Storage Containers)
Dynamic Backpack Upgrades
Inventory Tetris - ALL THE MODS (Requires "Capacity" to be set to "Normal" for All Container Types)
Fitness & Workout Overhaul (Incompatible with "Exercise with Gear Equipped" Option)

Incompatible
Eliaz Better Bags & Backpacks (WeightReduction, Capacity, Weight, Satchel Options)
Improved Backpacks (WeightReduction, Capacity, Weight)

Do I Have to Start a New Game?

No You don't! Just Enable "Respawnable Containers" in the Sandbox Options, then Right Click Any Backpack, Bag, ChestRig, Fanny Pack, Satchel and Select "Respawn". P.S Trunk Capacity Works in a Similar Way, Except You Need to Uninstall the Trunk first.

The Mod Isn't Working What do I do?

If it's a Server/Host Issue Click Here[theindiestone.com]

You're Going to Start with the Basics. Make Sure the Mod is Enabled Under the "Mods" Tab in the Main Menu.

If it's Enabled and Still not Working then Disable all Mods Except this One. Then Start a New Game and Spawn in a Bag by Either Putting -debug(Click Here[theindiestone.com]) in the Launch Parameters of the Game in Steam or Using Cheat Menu.

If that won't Work then Navigate to the Workshop Page. Close the Game if it's Open, and Unsubscribe from the Mod, then wait 1-2 Minutes before Resubscribing. Then Open the Game Again and Re-Enable the Mod. That Should Fix Most Issues.

If it Still isn't Working, then Unsubscribe, and Manually DELETE the Mod from Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\108600\2719850086 and Resubscribe.

How do I get Higher Tiered Containers?

MAKE SURE "DOUBLE-SIZED TEXTURES" IS ENABLED

In the Sandbox Options, you'll find an option called "Tiered Storage Containers", this option controls what Capacity Craftable Containers will have. The Options Range from "Up to 100" - "Up to 10000". You have to Reload your save / Restart your Server for the Changes to Take Affect. The Recipes can be Found in the Crafting Menu under the Category "Containers". To Upgrade Containers, just Right Click the Item and see the Requirements listed by the Blacked out Option "Can't Upgrade Tier". To Rotate Containers just Right Click the Item and hover over "Rotate" and select the Direction you wish for it to Face.

Invisible Containers can be removed by disassembling them, or enabling "-debug" and pressing "Destroy" after right-clicking them

Can This Mod be Added to Modpacks?

To Quote co`

I'm Not Really Thrilled about the Idea of Having My Mod Shipped into Modpacks.

The Main Reasons are as Follow:

I do most of my development for free, so the only thing I have to show for it is the number of subscribers I have. Adding the mod to a modpack would essentially strip me off some of those subscribers.

I would have no control over whether the mod would be kept updated correctly. Meaning the modpack could be shipping an old (potentially buggy) version of the mod. Some people could complain or request support for an outdated version of the mod. That would only be extra work I'm not willing to provide.

Creating mods for PZ is already horribly difficult and time consuming, so I really want to avoid all the extra work that could potentially result from this.

I do Endorse adding my mod to a Workshop Collection.

Thank You for Your Understanding.

How Frequently Will the Mod be Updated?

I've Made a Commitment to PsychaChi to not Update the Mod more than Once a Day. This is because it's Stressful for Servers and leads to Smoother Playtimes for their Members. I'm stupid for neglecting that in the first place :/
Last edited by dane; Apr 11 @ 4:29pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
dane  [developer] Jan 21, 2022 @ 6:51am 
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
dane  [developer] Jan 21, 2022 @ 6:52am 
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
Reserved
For me, the mod on the host server works partially, the bags are spawned unchanged by the settings, and only the school backpack changes through the token. I started a clean server only with this mod.
dane  [developer] Jan 24, 2022 @ 1:48am 
Have you read The "The Mod Isn't Working What do I do?" In this FAQ? If you haven't then I'd highly recommend you do so first.
Last edited by dane; Jan 24, 2022 @ 1:48am
Vinnie Feb 28, 2022 @ 6:24pm 
Should I be worried about load order? As in, should this be before or after other mods affected by it. For now I've assumed loading it last is the better choice but gotta ask just to be sure.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 44 comments
Per page: 1530 50