RimWorld

RimWorld

More Ritual Rewards
Reward Ideas
I had some ideas for rewards and I didn't want to litter the comment section with them so I thought I'd make a discussion in case anyone else wants to contribute. Thanks for the awesome mod.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
An actual duck Aug 26, 2021 @ 11:16am 
So to start things off:

Bountiful Harvest - increase grow speed of crops for a time. Grow speed boost could vary in quality depending on success of ritual
An actual duck Aug 26, 2021 @ 11:19am 
Full Bellies - Fills all participants food meter. Quality of ritual results in possible Fine/Lavish meal mood buff
Jayrus Aug 26, 2021 @ 12:53pm 
could you make one for calling a trade ship/Caravan maybe?? maybe it takes a couple days for them to arrive and different memes could call different kinds of traders? like radier being able to call a slaver
Sinnamon  [developer] Aug 26, 2021 @ 3:53pm 
Originally posted by JakeRuss:
could you make one for calling a trade ship/Caravan maybe?? maybe it takes a couple days for them to arrive and different memes could call different kinds of traders? like radier being able to call a slaver
That's in the mod already :o it calls the tradeships
Sinnamon  [developer] Aug 26, 2021 @ 3:59pm 
Originally posted by An actual duck:
So to start things off:

Bountiful Harvest - increase grow speed of crops for a time. Grow speed boost could vary in quality depending on success of ritual
that, although it sounds very intriguing, I'm not sure if I want to include that in the game.. Maybe I can use the VEE crop sprout or do a food cargo drop, but increasing the growth of plant .. As far as I know, that would needs to be done by going over each tile of the map and checking check if current tile has plant on it, which I think is bit too heavy, not really what I'm shooting for :(
I'll check if other methods are available.
An actual duck Aug 26, 2021 @ 4:01pm 
Faith Healing - Choose a colonist for everyone to gather and pray for. Heals old wounds, the more successful the ritual the better the healing. Unforgettable ritual could also have a 50% chance to restore a limb
An actual duck Aug 26, 2021 @ 4:03pm 
Originally posted by Sinnamon:
So to start things off:

that, although it sounds very intriguing, I'm not sure if I want to include that in the game.. Maybe I can use the VEE crop sprout or do a food cargo drop, but increasing the growth of plant .. As far as I know, that would needs to be done by going over each tile of the map and checking check if current tile has plant on it, which I think is bit too heavy, not really what I'm shooting for :(
I'll check if other methods are available.

i had a feeling that may be the case, but i'm willing to accept "no!" as a response. It's your mod, I appreciate the fact that you've created free content for players and if you take none of my ideas I have no complaints
Adeptly Inept Aug 27, 2021 @ 3:57pm 
These are all cool ideas.

With regards to the plant one, is it possible to temporarily change plant growth speed at a map-level? If not, maybe you could instead increase the Harvest Yield for a while? Though, that again seems like a map level change, unless you can add a buff to each colonist's harvest yield stat.
Gaël Aug 28, 2021 @ 9:48am 
Animal sympathy: an animal already present on the map self-tames. Just one animal is maybe a bit on the weak side, it could be a small group of the same species.

Wild attraction: a group of wild men wander in. Pretty great for cannibals! They're easier to hunt and kill than the raid, but they'll probably represent less food once early-game is over.

Called to greatness: every participant in the ritual has some chance (20%? More?) to experience an inspiration.
these people Aug 28, 2021 @ 10:17am 
So to start things off:

A Bountiful Harvest outcome could apply a hediff to the participants that grants an increase to Crop Yield. This wouldn't increase the maximum amount unless something like SYR's HarvestYields was also used, but the hediff bonus is how the Bountiful Harvest in my ritual outcomes mod implements it.
An actual duck Aug 28, 2021 @ 11:35am 
Originally posted by Gaël:
Animal sympathy: an animal already present on the map self-tames. Just one animal is maybe a bit on the weak side, it could be a small group of the same species.

Wild attraction: a group of wild men wander in. Pretty great for cannibals! They're easier to hunt and kill than the raid, but they'll probably represent less food once early-game is over.

Called to greatness: every participant in the ritual has some chance (20%? More?) to experience an inspiration.

An easy way to balance the self taming would be to just make it quality of ritual dependent, higher quality = better taming results. Maybe even, if possible, make it dependent on total market value based on effectiveness of ritual, that way 5 rats aren't seen as equivalent to 5 megasloths. (I say easy but I mean in concept, not in practice, no idea what it takes to make a mod)

I like wild attraction a lot as well and could see a similar application for luring in beggars, not sure what to call it but similar way for cannibals to get food, or to even help satisfy charitable colonies. Maybe call it "A Tempting Offer."

I was thinking a lot about an inspiration reward and what to call it, I like this a lot, I could also see it as a higher chance of outcome but with a specific recipient chosen for the ceremony. I could also see an interesting reward being "The Gift of Knowledge" which would effectively apply a random skill neurotrainer to the chosen participant
Last edited by An actual duck; Aug 28, 2021 @ 11:36am
Sumatris Sep 2, 2021 @ 12:08pm 
How about "Recruitment Drive": reduce resistance and/or ideological certainty of prisoners, with better ritual outcomes either offering higher reduction values (-10/-20/-30) or affecting more prisoners (1/3/all)? Negative outcomes would instead increase their resistance.

Another suggestion: "Mending Meditation" - applies a hediff to all pawns that buffs healing speed and immunity gain speed (+25%/50%/75% for 1 day, or something like +25% for 3 days, whatever works best in your opinion). Naturally, negative ritual outcomes would slap them with a debuff instead.
Last edited by Sumatris; Sep 2, 2021 @ 12:14pm
Similar to the Suncalling. There could be an reward that shifts up or down the temperature for a quadrum? Or for 15 days?
Sumatris Sep 2, 2021 @ 12:18pm 
15 days are a quadrum ^^. Nice idea, though.
Oh.. Yeah... My bad xD But yeah, a temperature buff\debuff from time to time would be really helpfull!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
Per page: 1530 50