Source Filmmaker

Source Filmmaker

Environment Particles
Particle effects are not moving
When I keyframe particles, the only way they move is when i scrub backwards. Help?

edited for grammar
Last edited by Probable Orange; Mar 5, 2015 @ 8:44pm
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
ImG0X0X Dec 1, 2016 @ 12:42am 
I had the same problem with the clouds particles. I can't believe nobody replied for more than a year, so I just went ahead and looked at some references like the fire particles that will move along with it's transform.

Here's the solution:
1. Go to Particles System Tool
2. Open up the particle file (env.pcf)
3. Now you can save as a new particle file or don't give a crap
4. Select the particle you want to edit and in the system properties, select render_animated under Renderer
5. Look at the middle column and you will see animation_rate. I changed it to 15, you can change it to any number you want. Go Experiment.
6. Scroll down until you see 'use animation rate as FPS', tick that box beside it.
7. Next, under the system properties, right click Operator and select Movement Lock to Control Point.
8. After that you are good, but if you want to lock the rotations too, go ahead and tick 'lock rotation'

That's all. ^^
Probable Orange Dec 1, 2016 @ 1:01am 
Originally posted by ImG0X0X:
I had the same problem with the clouds particles. I can't believe nobody replied for more than a year, so I just went ahead and looked at some references like the fire particles that will move along with it's transform.

Here's the solution:
4. Select the particle you want to edit and in the system properties, select render_animated under Renderer
5. Look at the middle column and you will see animation_rate. I changed it to 15, you can change it to any number you want. Go Experiment.
6. Scroll down until you see 'use animation rate as FPS', tick that box beside it.
7. Next, under the system properties, right click Operator and select Movement Lock to Control Point.
8. After that you are good, but if you want to lock the rotations too, go ahead and tick 'lock rotation'

That's all. ^^

bruh how did you find this
this thread is nearly 2 years old kek
ImG0X0X Dec 1, 2016 @ 2:15am 
Originally posted by Doomsday Orange | tf2classic.com:
Originally posted by ImG0X0X:

Here's the solution:

That's all. ^^

bruh how did you find this
this thread is nearly 2 years old kek
I was having the same problems, so I looked around.
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50