Transport Fever 2

Transport Fever 2

Advanced Statistics
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
VacuumTube  [developer] Apr 11, 2021 @ 10:57pm
Bug/Crash Reports
Here you can post any crash messages.
Please be specific on when and how the error occures.

If you see a ingame error window, eventually a screenshot is sufficient.
In general, sending the stdout txt[www.transportfever2.com] file is better.

This mod also contains a Log Level, changeable in the Mod Settings. The default is 1, for crash reproducing please use 2.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Vacuum-Tube/Advanced_Statistics_1/main/pictures/loglevel2.png
Last edited by VacuumTube; Jul 2, 2021 @ 3:40am
< >
Showing 16-30 of 75 comments
VacuumTube  [developer] Apr 14, 2021 @ 3:43am 
@TortuousRobin97
Can you send me a new stdout?

One way to find the culprit is to deactivate half of the mods (no track/street mods, this wouldn't load the game at least) and see if works. If it doesn't deactivate 3/4... if it does try half of the deactivated mods. And so on. I know this is very laborious, but since the game is giving me no error message, it's the only way to find the problem.
VacuumTube  [developer] Apr 14, 2021 @ 3:44am 
@lawsonspupil
What was the problem/culprit?
TortuousRobin97 Apr 14, 2021 @ 7:41am 
@VacuumTube
I reloaded the mod into my save (975 Mods). I found that the game loaded with me ignoring the error message pop-up but didn't show the mod in-game. Link is from that crash load.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1S4pcSFaIdiePxUz9yKE5Rp5v3RHMvKKg/view?usp=sharing
VacuumTube  [developer] Apr 14, 2021 @ 9:52am 
Just to be sure you should remove old CommonApi versions (a working version is on transportfever.net)

Ok we know a bit more. It's causing an "An error just occurred" while processing data of type "station". You can temporarily try: "\res\scripts\advanced_statistics\datalist.lua" and commenting out (--) "station".

For finding the problem you can load the game with/without different of your station mods.

Otherwise I could try sending your dmp to UG, maybe they can find something.
donmiwi Apr 15, 2021 @ 12:16pm 
Originally posted by lawsonspupil:
*Deletes this bug report*

Upon further investigation, I have found the actual culprit, you are now safe, have a good evening...

How I hate messages like this.... if you found the culprit, wtf you don't tell the community and the developer WHAT was the culprit ???
VacuumTube  [developer] Apr 18, 2021 @ 2:52am 
Could anyone with errors try the following:
Load a new game with the exactly same mods of a map, where it is crashing.
If you didn't know, CommonAPI2 provides a modlist import/export tool, which is useful for large amounts of mods (in the same order).
(So, I could exclude a mod conflict.)

Alternative: Send me the savegame, where errors occure. Eventually I can reproduce the error then.
Anthoam Jun 17, 2021 @ 12:40pm 
Hi!

I was using you mod without any problem but I deactivated it for a day or two (sorry xD).
When I reactivated it in my save I have an error after loading the save :

===== Advanced Statistics - Error Handler Location: Script Message: ...1512/res/scripts/advanced_statistics/script/listutil.lua:31: Field nil: 3 stack traceback: ...80/2454731512/res/scripts/advanced_statistics/script.lua:171: in function <...80/2454731512/res/scripts/advanced_statistics/script.lua:169> [C]: in function 'assert' ...1512/res/scripts/advanced_statistics/script/listutil.lua:31: in function 'add' ...1512/res/scripts/advanced_statistics/script/listutil.lua:226: in function 'count' ...res/scripts/advanced_statistics/script/data/crossing.lua:21: in function 'getInfo' ...80/2454731512/res/scripts/advanced_statistics/script.lua:154: in function <...80/2454731512/res/scripts/advanced_statistics/script.lua:145> [C]: in function 'xpcall' ...80/2454731512/res/scripts/advanced_statistics/script.lua:127: in function 'update' [string "J:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/workshop/content/10..."]:15: in function <[string "J:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/workshop/content/10..."]:13> ===== Advanced Statistics - Please submit this message to the mod author Advanced_Statistics: Error while Calc all data Advanced_Statistics: State: table: 000001E6B4D82960 {

Not sure what is the cause. I'm playing the beta and I had to delete CommonAPI2 because of it's incompatibility with the update.
VacuumTube  [developer] Jun 17, 2021 @ 1:55pm 
Oh this seems to be because of the renewed crossing behavior (obviosly a new state type). Will be fixed
Anthoam Jun 17, 2021 @ 2:18pm 
I'm looking forward for the update! Thanks for the answer
VacuumTube  [developer] Jun 21, 2021 @ 5:28am 
It's updated
Anthoam Jun 21, 2021 @ 4:36pm 
Thanks for your work and the update ;)
A Guy Called Pi Jul 3, 2021 @ 7:36pm 
whatever "Waiting for state.init" means, apparently it's completely frozen the simulation. weird how the game is playable but the world is not responding at all.
VacuumTube  [developer] Jul 4, 2021 @ 12:48am 
Seems like simulation thread crashed.
Please send me stdout (with Log Level 2), there must be an error before.
VacuumTube  [developer] Sep 17, 2021 @ 9:18am 
Hello there, good news.

I could reproduce 2 of 3 known errors with the help of some users. First of all, all those 3 yet known errors are "An error just occured", so they can't be catched with my error handler and make it very hard for me to find out what's going on. They have also in common that it's not a "regular" mod incompatibility. They are obviosly bugs in the game itself, which occur only under specific/seldom circumstances. I contacted Urban Games already in May/June but sadly no answer until now.

Bug1 - aborted and failback but not crashed on calc finances (I believe MrQuicko had that). Implemented workaround.

Bug2 - crashed on calc station (game gui still exists but frozen simulation). This can be caused by unusual stations. For example BW-Assets[www.transportfever.net] creates stations with actually "ASSET_DEFAULT" con. Calling a interface function on them leads to crash. You can recognize that those stations have no name (""). This is also used for the current workaround. So DON'T rename!

If you still experience crashes, please regard OP.
Last edited by VacuumTube; Sep 17, 2021 @ 1:00pm
I'm getting a reliable crash-to-desktop on macOS, the instant a new map loads, with *only* this mod installed.

stdout and .dmp in this .zip archive: https://i.ell.io/HmwtOB
< >
Showing 16-30 of 75 comments
Per page: 1530 50