ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

akka's Interior Decor Structures
Really Rilee Apr 12, 2021 @ 10:29am
Suggestions
Loving your mod so far! We added it to our fresh cluster last night! I do have some suggestions brought forth by the community:

• Can you increase the storage amounts for all structures to be at least 90?
• Could you specifically increase the amount the material storage containers can hold since most of them hold multiple kinds of materials?
• They would love more material storage types like crystal, silk, oil, pearls!
• Can you make it so the stove and microwave can be powered by either gasoline or electricity, not just one or the other? (same for the fridge when it does get added!)
• Would you be able to add a gothic and primitive/medieval variant to the microwave/stove/future fridge?
• The Wooden Barrel is just decorative. Could storage be added to that?

I'm sure there will be other things that pop up, but these were the initial thoughts collected from my community!

Thanks so much akka!
Last edited by Really Rilee; Apr 14, 2021 @ 5:22pm
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
oneirosuchus Apr 14, 2021 @ 7:46pm 
I noticed that the materials storage crates snap on top of each other. Thank you! Would it be possible to get them to snap side-by-side also, or alternative to be able to toggle off the snapping? Looking good so far!
Myavar Apr 15, 2021 @ 8:58pm 
Originally posted by Really Rilee:
Loving your mod so far! We added it to our fresh cluster last night! I do have some suggestions brought forth by the community:

• Can you increase the storage amounts for all structures to be at least 90?
• Could you specifically increase the amount the material storage containers can hold since most of them hold multiple kinds of materials?
• They would love more material storage types like crystal, silk, oil, pearls!
• Can you make it so the stove and microwave can be powered by either gasoline or electricity, not just one or the other? (same for the fridge when it does get added!)
• Would you be able to add a gothic and primitive/medieval variant to the microwave/stove/future fridge?
• The Wooden Barrel is just decorative. Could storage be added to that?

I'm sure there will be other things that pop up, but these were the initial thoughts collected from my community!

Thanks so much akka!

Hi there Akka!

I'm one of the players on the cluster Rilee mentions above, and there were a few things I wanted to add that I noticed today when using some of the structures.

*The sink is incredibly difficult to snap. Without an established pipe the sink wants to snap to the middle or sides of walls, and detects the floor as not being a snap point. I understand the need for a pipe in order to provide water, that makes sense, but it would be simpler if I could place the sink first and then run the pipes out of the sink. Instead I had to spend several hours trying different types of pipes, placed in very specific ways on the tops of foundations, removing some foundations, putting them back, repeating, in order to get it somewhat centered under a window.

*The kitchen counter top is not the same height (and I don't believe the same depth) as the sink. Even if the kitchen counter doesn't snap to the side of the sink (which would be beautiful if it did) to create a flush structure it would help if it was the same height/depth so that I could manually line it up and have cleaner lines.

*The oven is very small compared to even the sink, and looks odd placed a bit off to the side. What might actually work better would be to create a combination structure with the kitchen counter and the oven in the middle, and have the oven be it's own counter top segment.

*To expand on the kitchen items
- Corner counter pieces would be awesome for creating a true L shape or U shaped kitchen!
- My only hope for a refrigerator is that it isn't as "fat" as the vanilla one :(
- Any thoughts on creating rustic/medieval/gothic styled appliances? Like, instead of a modern stove it could look like one of those black iron rounded wood burning ovens, or brick kitchen fire. The sink could be a basin with an old style water pump on top of a wood block counter, etc.
akka  [developer] Apr 19, 2021 @ 2:22am 
Originally posted by Really Rilee:
Can you increase the storage amounts for all structures to be at least 90?
Could you specifically increase the amount the material storage containers can hold since most of them hold multiple kinds of materials?
They would love more material storage types like crystal, silk, oil, pearls!
Can you make it so the stove and microwave can be powered by either gasoline or electricity, not just one or the other? (same for the fridge when it does get added!)
Would you be able to add a gothic and primitive/medieval variant to the microwave/stove/future fridge?
The Wooden Barrel is just decorative. Could storage be added to that?

Thanks for the feedback!

I was going to reply to each individual point, but I'll just answer yes to every question. There shouldn't be any problem making all of those changes.

Originally posted by oneirosuchus:
Would it be possible to get them to snap side-by-side also, or alternative to be able to toggle off the snapping?

I can add side by side snapping, as far as a snap disable option, I'd want to do something like that across everything that snaps in the mod, so I'm not sure if/when that might get done.

Originally posted by Myavar:
The sink is incredibly difficult to snap.
Yeah, I'm obviously very familiar with how it snaps so it wasn't a problem for me, but you do need to have a pipe in a very specific way for it to snap the way you'd want it, so I'll look in to improving that.

The kitchen counter top is not the same height (and I don't believe the same depth) as the sink. Even if the kitchen counter doesn't snap to the side of the sink
The height was just fixed in the most recent update, if the depth is still off, I'll fix that in the next update. I'll also look in to making those structures snap to each other.

The oven is very small compared to even the sink, and looks odd placed a bit off to the side. What might actually work better would be to create a combination structure with the kitchen counter and the oven in the middle, and have the oven be it's own counter top segment.
I'll look in to this, as well as the final points made about the kitchen items. I already have plans for more rustic looking stuff there, and corner pieces are a good idea!
oneirosuchus Apr 23, 2021 @ 5:19pm 
I'm terrible about remembering to keep a running list so I'll just keep posting things here. They will be piecemeal, I'm afraid.

- The dye storage holds the paintbrush but not the spray gun (specifically the N+ version of it)
- I've only played with one of the stain glass double doors for actually painting things yet, but the paintbrush didn't work for it. The interface came up, but no regions were allowable. The spraygun worked fine.
akka  [developer] Apr 23, 2021 @ 10:07pm 
Good call on the spray gun, and that's weird about the stained glass. I wouldn't be surprised if some color regions on some items weren't enabled since there were so many to go through and test, but I'm pretty sure I tested all of the stained glass.

It's especially weird if the interface comes up (because if no regions are enabled, that shouldn't happen), and you don't need to set up the spray gun differently than the paintbrush, so if one works, the other should work the same. I'll look in to it of course!
Myavar Apr 29, 2021 @ 10:16am 
This comment is awaiting analysis by our automated content check system. It will be temporarily hidden until we verify that it does not contain harmful content (e.g. links to websites that attempt to steal information).
Zolka Nov 20, 2021 @ 5:54am 
Hello, I have an suggestion - I´m using your panting-canvas, but I really miss portrait oriented canvas; is it posssible to add some? A lot of my photos are high, not wide, and so I can´t comfortable use them :(
Alendi Istari Jan 18, 2023 @ 4:42am 
Akka, could you please share the secret to how to get the sink to connect to the water pipe?
*** Correction to above. I found it works a LOT easier if you use the vanilla pipes instead of the S+ pipes - at least for the connection to the sink. :)

Also, any plans to add a cookpot to your kitchen appliances?

This is a great mod by the way.
Last edited by Alendi Istari; Jan 18, 2023 @ 6:17am
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50