Starbound

Starbound

Arcana
Ronald Chump Mar 10, 2023 @ 9:53am
Progression Guide?
I can't even find arcane water, which appears to be the first resource needed to advance with Arcana environmental protection. Played for many hours, never came across any. Can't find any indications browsing solar systems either.
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Portal Mech Mar 12, 2023 @ 7:42am 
Try looking on Arcane planets. That seems like place it would make the most sense to find Arcane Water
Ronald Chump Mar 12, 2023 @ 10:02am 
Originally posted by Portal Mech:
Try looking on Arcane planets. That seems like place it would make the most sense to find Arcane Water
Yes, so it would seem... I just never came across one of those. After looking really hard, I managed to find two arcane systems, almost a whole screen away, and an arcane planet.
Portal Mech Mar 13, 2023 @ 3:28pm 
@Argon To be fair, a whole screen isn't that far when all you have to do to find a specific planet is to click on different solar systems
Ronald Chump Mar 13, 2023 @ 7:28pm 
@Argon To be fair, a whole screen isn't that far when all you have to do to find a specific planet is to click on different solar systems
It's far enough to not notice them by chance, when you don't know they exist at all and you're supposed to be looking for them...
Portal Mech Mar 14, 2023 @ 1:11pm 
@Argon The same could be said for unmodded planets
Ronald Chump Mar 14, 2023 @ 8:55pm 
@Argon The same could be said for unmodded planets
Except you find all the resources you need to advance anyway, because they are not bound to very rare planets, but rather common ones and usually several types of them. I'm basically done with the FU tech tree and never had much trouble finding the next resource (even though the number of resources is overkill). If I didn't know where to find something, I could look it up in the wiki.
Heckin Doggo Mar 15, 2023 @ 9:54am 
If you're having trouble and don't mind a little bit of admin abuse, you can use the /warprandom command with the arcana planets, you just have to find the name for the planets - I think for Arcane Water you need the Shining Sea Planet type, which is listed herehttps://starboundarcana.miraheze.org/wiki/Planets as the primary source of it. If you're having too much trouble finding it like I was because the true space mod and frackin universe both make it a bit harder to find the specific types, you can "/randomwarp arcana_arcaneSea" as an emergency measure. Arcane sea's also contain arcanium ore, so it's a twofer on progression. Past that you pretty much just have to figure out based on what planets have what resources. Mostly it seems like the EPPs and augments are locked behind some low tier planetary harm progression.
Portal Mech Mar 15, 2023 @ 5:18pm 
@Argon You still have to go looking for planets to find them. Chances are you would want to visit every planet type at least once, and having certain ingredients only appear on a specific planet type is all the better to encourage exploring
Ronald Chump Mar 15, 2023 @ 7:50pm 
Yes, ok. Thank you both. I was only missing the lead to get started with Arcana. If you don't know there's an arcane sun and planet, you don't know where to start. And I didn't stop to browse every system and their planets up to one screen away when I started, so I didn't know.
DaWeezerd Nov 30, 2023 @ 10:10am 
>asks where arcane planets can be found
>doesn't drag the map around to look for arcane stars
>op complains the stars aren't immediately on the section of the map he viewed
please keep your day job anon, we don't need more... simple inclined hires for higher functioning jobs
Ronald Chump Nov 30, 2023 @ 10:35am 
Originally posted by DaWeezerd:
>asks where arcane planets can be found
>doesn't drag the map around to look for arcane stars
>op complains the stars aren't immediately on the section of the map he viewed
please keep your day job anon, we don't need more... simple inclined hires for higher functioning jobs
Tell me you are narcissistic scum without saying you are narcissistic scum. Thank you for necroeing this topic after 8 months to display your unquestionably genuine intellectual and moral superiority. Your contribution is much appreciated. I hope it gave you a good boost and filled the black hole inside for a few minutes.
Last edited by Ronald Chump; Nov 30, 2023 @ 10:54am
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50