Sid Meier's Civilization V

Sid Meier's Civilization V

__Gaia's Core Mod__
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Gaia  [developer] Oct 28, 2022 @ 7:48am
Mod Installation and Updates
It is crucial to follow these steps on first install and when there is a major update:

1) Launch Civ5 and unsubscribe from all Mods on Steam making sure they are completely removed from your MODS folder. Move or delete the rest manually.

2) Exit Civ5 and delete the contents of cache and ModUserData. It is also recommended that you delete old saves since you won’t be able to use them as they will almost certainly crash the game.

3) In Steam, go to settings/downloads and press “Clear Download Cache”. This will force a relog. After upgrading Windows 11, you will also need to re-validate the game files.

4) Subscribe to Core Mod ONLY and start a game with it (it will take a moment to download and unpack!). Verify that the User Interface looks fine and functional.

5) Exit to Menu, and subscribe to other Mods (Sapiens, etc)

6) Start a fresh game and be happy!

If you are still having issues please check out the info on the following link:
https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/common-checklist-for-playing-mods.440525/
Last edited by Gaia; Nov 15, 2022 @ 3:49am
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
76561199133971151 Nov 19, 2022 @ 2:25am 
somehow it doesnt downloading the mod after subscribing and opening the game
Gaia  [developer] Nov 19, 2022 @ 2:41am 
I recommend opening the game (after having cleared the cache and Steam download cache) without having any Mods subscribed (not even this one). Then you you go to Mods selection (it should be empty). At the same time you can open the MODS folder in Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\ ... it should also be completely empty. THEN you subscribe to this mod and you will be able to see how it is downloading and whether there are issues unpacking. Worst case you can unpack it manually but that shouldn't be necessary.

I admit it's a bit cumbersome, but this is a colossal mod, and Steam downloader is not always the best and glitches out sometimes.
shaypewe90 Feb 17, 2023 @ 2:28pm 
Does this require Windows 11 or will it work on 10?
Gaia  [developer] Feb 18, 2023 @ 12:13am 
Works on Windows 10. And should you upgrade to Windows 11 make sure you run a file integrity check on Civ5 afterwards. I had problems launching Civ after the upgrade.
Last edited by Gaia; Feb 18, 2023 @ 12:14am
Hebrux Nov 3, 2023 @ 12:41pm 
♥♥♥♥ had I known updating Gia would crash my game I woudn't have done it!
Is it possible to use EUI together with this mod? If so, how to install it?
Gaia  [developer] Jan 21 @ 8:38pm 
@miguel loco: yes, but you need a very specific version of EUI (1.28g) which you can find here: Civfanatics EUI download[forums.civfanatics.com].
Next, you will also need the EUI Compatibility Patch. Just make sure you subscribe to this mod last after all the other mod. And when you update mods unsubscribe and resubscribe this mod.
aff486 May 23 @ 12:43pm 
It does not work, after you start the game and start a match, when closing and returning to the game the civilization no longer opens.
When I delete the files from the "Sid Meier's Civilization 5" folder, the game opens again, but when I try to carry the game the save is corrupted and does not open
< >
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
Per page: 1530 50