Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection

Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection

Veterancy and more - Version 23.2
QyRoN Sep 25, 2020 @ 7:12am
Source code
Please make source code available. After all, this is GPL3 ;)
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Mortecha Nov 14, 2020 @ 11:09pm 
It would be interesting to see what happens when someone doesn't tow the line of the GPL3 licence. Not sure if DontCryJustDie's actions are intentional, but he sure is ignoring both of these requests in his mods.

This goes against the intentions of open sourcing the games by EA in the first place and goes against the development of the community.
Owlet VII Nov 22, 2020 @ 7:02am 
Originally posted by Mortecha:
It would be interesting to see what happens when someone doesn't tow the line of the GPL3 licence.

[...]

This goes against the intentions of open sourcing the games by EA in the first place and goes against the development of the community.
Apparently nothing happens. EA seems to be ignoring the blatant violation of their copyright when it's not affecting their sales, but is affecting the public good. Their modding guidelines didn't even mention the GPL.

Originally posted by Mortecha:
Not sure if DontCryJustDie's actions are intentional, but he sure is ignoring both of these requests in his mods.
He's ignored a bunch of requests since July. The only response he gave is "Code isn't published yet." which isn't how this works.
puggy74 Jan 29, 2021 @ 6:42pm 
I stopped playing this game because of this. I like this mod but I want to see it combined with another mod. The mod by itself isn't enough to make me keep playing the game.
RedShocktrooper Mar 19, 2021 @ 3:15am 
Would it be possible to reverse-engineer the DLL? It's located in the workshop content folder, which is steamapps\workshop\content\1213210\2194215017 for the Red Alert version.
Nyerguds Jun 3, 2021 @ 12:32am 
Originally posted by RedShocktrooper:
Would it be possible to reverse-engineer the DLL? It's located in the workshop content folder, which is steamapps\workshop\content\1213210\2194215017 for the Red Alert version.
As someone who spent ten years digging into C&C95 to fix bugs in it... good luck.

If there's a .pdb file included, it all becomes much easier; then a disassembler should be able to actually name the functions inside the dll. But still, in such a huge source code repository, it'd be really tricky to find all the details that were changed, since you can't do a simple compare with the original source code.
RedShocktrooper Jul 31, 2021 @ 6:53pm 
Nope, it's just the .dll, which does complicate it massively. Might be easier to just peek into OpenRA and see how it does it and see if that can be ported over.
Nyerguds Sep 1, 2022 @ 2:50pm 
Originally posted by RedShocktrooper:
Nope, it's just the .dll, which does complicate it massively. Might be easier to just peek into OpenRA and see how it does it and see if that can be ported over.
Not really. OpenRA is a completely different game, on a completely different programming language even.
< >
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
Per page: 1530 50