Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection

Command & Conquer™ Remastered Collection

Veterancy and more - Version 22.3
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
DontCryJustDie  [developer] Aug 11, 2020 @ 7:40am
Bug report - Veterancy and more - RA
Please post your reports in this thread. Please make sure this is really related to this mod and is not standard behavior. Also include informations where that bug happened, during a Skirmish or Campaign mission, did you load an old savegame or started a fresh game. What were the difficult setting? Did you used a custom map and if so does the bug also happen on vanilla maps?
Last edited by DontCryJustDie; Apr 6 @ 12:42am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 141 comments
Baal Zhahûl Aug 17, 2020 @ 2:52am 
Hello,
its a nice mod, but it doesnt work all the time...
bc it just work for one time on my game...
i mean to check this out if its work u just need to start a match and let a unit guard the area--> so if the mod is working u would see a lil "g" on the unit...
DontCryJustDie  [developer] Aug 17, 2020 @ 3:29am 
Hi, the mod doesn't work on saved games that were saved without the mod. This is true for almost all dll mods.
Last edited by DontCryJustDie; Aug 17, 2020 @ 3:29am
Baal Zhahûl Aug 17, 2020 @ 9:01am 
Thats clear to me.... and this isnt the problem... it worked on one match i played but now not if i start a new game...
and this doesnt make much sense in my opinion
Hey @DontCryJustDie I just updated to Beta 3 and the tech upgrades are not appearing in campaign I did a clean refresh of the MOD.INI and the mod, I was just wondering if this was by design or is it a bug? I also deleted my saves and have gone off fresh games.
DontCryJustDie  [developer] Aug 23, 2020 @ 8:33am 
I haven't tested the tech upgrades in campaign, I assumed it will work there too.
Don't expect a fix for that soon because I have zero motivations to play the campaign atm because the game keeps deleting all my progress since the big patch...
Last edited by DontCryJustDie; Aug 24, 2020 @ 4:15am
BattleGerBlu Aug 23, 2020 @ 1:45pm 
hey upgrades for infantry and vehicles are not available in the campaign but the upgrade for bulidngs are available...... will in the next update a fix for the campaign ??
Last edited by BattleGerBlu; Aug 23, 2020 @ 1:45pm
@DontCryJustDie fair enough, why is it deleting all your progress that is a bit counter-intuitive for modders, I thought this game was supposed to be mod friendly. Did you have the same problem with the Tiberian Dawn Mod or did this just suddenly appear with the new patch? It may be worth talking to the CNCNET forums to see if this is a widespread problem, I obviously have no idea because I'm not a modder but just a suggestion, Love your work, looking forward to the next release :steamhappy:
DontCryJustDie  [developer] Aug 24, 2020 @ 1:46am 
@Done like a Kipper THFC
@BattleGerBlu

I found the problem, you have to enable NewUnitsEnabled in the aftermath.ini. It is a hidden setting and not present in the default aftermath.ini. It will also enable aftermath units in campaign.

[Aftermath] NewUnitsEnabled=1

Don't use yes or true to enable it, the game reads the value as integer (number) so you have to use 0 for off and 1 for on.

The file can be found here[ra.afraid.org]. You can also extract it from the game files using xcc mixer.

Edit: With the next update I'll add this setting to the MOD.INI so you don't have to add it to the aftermath.ini.

Edit 2: ⚠️ New version is online, please let me know if it works now. The option is now part of the MOD.INI and was renamed to AFTERMATH_UNITS_IN_CAMPAIGN. I also removed it from the aftermath.ini so the above doesn't work anymore. ⚠️
Last edited by DontCryJustDie; Aug 24, 2020 @ 4:43am
@DontCryJustDie You're the best, thank you heaps for this mod and your dedication, you are a legend :steamhappy:
Honey_badger Aug 31, 2020 @ 5:48pm 
everything seems to work on my first skirmish with this except attack move, when i hold shift i just get the white square and the units don't move.
scwbuct Sep 4, 2020 @ 1:03am 
Mechanic will damage any veteran vehicles instead of repairing it...!!!
DontCryJustDie  [developer] Sep 4, 2020 @ 3:09am 
Just tried and for me it works as it should...!!!
scwbuct Sep 4, 2020 @ 3:53am 
Originally posted by DontCryJustDie:
Seemed only happens when playing Soviet side capturing Allies base, if using Allies everything works as it should... Let me try to reproduce...
scwbuct Sep 4, 2020 @ 4:13am 
Originally posted by DontCryJustDie:
Just did a reproduction...
It is not be related to veterancy... It will occur to both heavy and mammoth tank after you have access to allies tech and bought Composite Armor Upgrade then mechanic will deal damage instead of repairing, other units works as it should
DontCryJustDie  [developer] Sep 4, 2020 @ 4:30am 
Ok thanks for clarifying. I can comfirm that there is a problem and also that the armor upgrade is currently not working as intended.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 141 comments
Per page: 1530 50