Total War: WARHAMMER II

Total War: WARHAMMER II

Guns of the Empire
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Snek  [developer] Oct 30, 2020 @ 8:38am
Unit Details
Ersarzsolder, Hakbutschutzen, and Ironsides, benefit from Lord Skills/Techs for Spearmen and Handgunners

Eisenbombers and Thrice-Pistols benefit from Lord Skills/Techs for Handgunners and Greatswords

Kriegsritter, Roadwardens, and Reiksgewehr benefit from Outrider/Pistolier Skills/Techs.

Hakbutschutzen
A regiment of highly trained men drawn from the best of the state troop and organized into regiments the size of melee infantry. Armed with a bayonet fixed flintlock rifle. Adapted from a unit in the 3rd Edition. This is the baseline Fusilier. Higher base damage, but lower AP than a Handgunner, with a bonus vs infantry. They have the “suppressive fire” contact effect. Benefit from techs/skills for spearmen and handgunners.

Ironsides
Armored and armed with repeater rifles fitted with bayonets. They are a generalized and mass fitted version of the legendary Nuln Ironside.They are good in melee but are very light on ammunition so either keep them supplied with ammo or prepare to go into melee

Ersatzsolder
Lightly armored line infantry. They can hold a line reasonably well in the early game. The cheapest form of Line Infantry. Can deploy stakes. Benefit from techs/skills for handgunners and free company militia.

Feuerschutzen
It turns out a Napoleonic block infantry regiment is pretty effective when armed with anti-material rifles. They are armed with an incendiary round that does less base and AP damage in exchange for fire and explosive damage. Benefit from techs/skills for handgunners.

Thrice-Pistols
The Thrice Pistols are armed with an experimental tripple barreled pistol which hits like a hand cannon at short range. They are very light on ammunition but excel in melee Benefit from techs/skills for greats words, Handgunners, and Free Company

Eisenbombers
The Iron Bombers. These Grenadiers must meet strict standards for height, strength, skill in melee, accuracy with firearms, and luxuriousness of moustache. They are heavily armored line infantry equipped with grenade launchers with heavy explosives. Benefit from techs/skills for greatswords and handgunners.

Siege Bombardiers
They are armored and shielded field engineers. Their grenades do less damage than an Eisenbomber grenade, but their real strength is the artillery engines they can deploy in the field.

Jaegerkorps Longrifles
Equipped like the legendary Hochland Longrifles, the Jaegerkorps are marksmen who can quickly neutralize monsters and Lords. Recruited from an Imperial Academy. Can deploy stakes. Benefit from techs/skills for handgunners.

Jaegerkorps
Classic light infantry jaegers. Accurate, good range, and tactical flexibility at the expense of any meaningful melee ability. Can deploy stakes.Benefit from techs/skills for handgunners.

Forstjaeger
Forester riflemen. Anti-infantry and specialized to forests in both battle and campaign. They have an AP rifle which can fire while moving. There are those in the Forstjaeger leadership who believe that, given enough time and continued Imperial mechanization, the tactical model of the light infantry trained in marksmanship, dressed in camouflage, and good at stealth will come to displace the traditional heavy infantry with fancy feathers. Can deploy stakes. If in a forest, they can summon a small group of rutting deer. Benefit from techs/skills for handgunners.

Bergjaeger
Mountaineer riflemen who specialize in big game. They are immune to snow and mountain attrition in campaign. Benefit from techs/skills for handgunners.

Linebreakers
Waepon team armed with a chain gun derived from the Hellblaster Volley Gun. They can pour gunfire into enemy lines. They are heavily armored but slow and poor in melee.

Kriegsritter
Lightly armored rifle cavalry. Better range than outriders, at the expense of speed, acceleration, and melee ability. They are a mobile sharpshooter who are at their best when moved to strategic positions then dismounted where they gain further range and better reload speed. Their dismounted horses can be either withdrawn or used as a war beast unit in combat.

Roadwardens
The nemesis of the Highwayman. The dour, stubborn Roadwarden is dressed in far more practical attire than his dandy arch rival. The Roadwarden can ‘dismount’ via unit transformation into a missile infantry unit. When mounted they are effectively a Pistolier with higher AP damage. As a ground unit, they fight like an elite free company militia. Benefit from techs/skills for pistolier as a mounted unit and free company militia as dismounted unit.

Alchemical Grenadiers
They are a grenade launching war wagon with an unconventional type of alchemical grenade. Instead of explosive damage, their grenade poisons enemies, sunders armor, and causes a rampage in whatever unit it damages. Friendly units will also suffer the effects of the poison gas (but not the rampage). Benefit from techs/skills for outriders.

Reiksgewehr
Heavily armored cavalry who use a shortened rifle with massive AP damage. They are big men, on big horses, with heavy armor and armaments, so they can push through nearly any opponent when charging, even though they do less charge damage than a proper shock cavalry unit. They are also very slow for Imperial cavalry, so beware faster enemies overrunning them in skirmishes. Benefit from techs/skills for Reiksguard Knights and outriders.

Clockwork Bombard
A mortar which fires a revolutionary form of guided missile. The warhead does massive damage, but it is also difficult to produce, so the bombard has relatively little ammunition. Fire in first person to control the projectile (it will control like a hellcannon projectile). Or combine with the Munitions Wagon to be just stupid OP if that's your thing. Benefit from techs/skills for mortars.

Munitions Wagon
A single-wagon support unit which carries ammunition to resupply allied units. This has an ammo refill ability which restores half of a friendly unit’s ammunition, and can be used 12 times per battle (number of reuses is subject to change depending on balance concerns). The two man crew is armed, but do not expect them to do much besides pick off a low-tier troop here or there. In an absolutely hopeless last stand, the wagon crew can detonate all the powder, dealing massive damage to all nearby and destroying the wagon and crew. Beware autoresolve with this unit in an army, as the AI likes to send them in to die first. Benefit from techs/skills for war wagons.
Last edited by Snek; Dec 7, 2021 @ 10:11am
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
@Snek thanks for this great mod! I am getting crazy upkeep costs, don't know if it's conflicts of mods so I am posting here to double check. Some early units such as Ersatzsolder for example is ~235g, more expensive than handgunners but generally worse in stats. Kriegsritter ~225g, which is about the same for outriders, who tend to do much better (vanguard,faster firing speed,3X missile strength ). Is this intended? I find myself avoiding these units for the low returns. Thanks in advance
Snek  [developer] Jan 7, 2021 @ 9:23am 
There is definitely something weird going on. Both those units should have much lower upkeep than vanilla units. The point of those units was to give more firepower in the first 40 turns which you disband in favor of either vanilla or my better mod units.
I suspected that, my mod list is stable but pretty bloated for sure. I have no experience in modding other than using them for years. I will try check for conflicts in Kaedrin's meanwhile open to suggestions. Thank you for the reply and awesome work!!
There are 962 conflicts and I am at a loss. Don't think there is a way to share the the conflict list from KMM, any pointers which files/tables should I look for in the .pack?

Edit: I see a lot of conflict with Guns Of the Empire SFO which I obviously have disabled playing on vanilla, seems like KMM is detecting potential conflict with all the mods but not just those loaded which makes the conflict checker much harder to read. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.
Last edited by KingstonDaChihuahua; Jan 8, 2021 @ 9:13am
Snek  [developer] Jan 8, 2021 @ 11:53am 
main_units_tables is where upkeep and recruitment costs live. If you need to adjust you can do so there. Otherwise you might delete and unsub from my SFO version to at least clear those conflicts.
lego116 Dec 7, 2021 @ 9:08am 
Is this still up to date? i dont see the line breaker unit in this guide.
Snek  [developer] Dec 7, 2021 @ 10:02am 
Thanks for reminding me of this. I have updated this pose to reflect the most recent versions of the mod.
lego116 Dec 8, 2021 @ 6:31am 
thank you. What tech/skills do line breakers benefit from?
Kazeck Dec 15, 2021 @ 8:59pm 
For some reason Ersatztruppen don't benefit from the Emperor's finest skill, at least in SFO, but tech seems to work.
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50