This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
yrtwof  [developer] Jun 28, 2020 @ 6:24am
Future work Idea
Please send to this thread.
Last edited by yrtwof; Jun 29, 2020 @ 1:14am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Lunion4saken Jun 29, 2020 @ 12:18am 
The only feature that i would like to recommend, would be a information about how much time does it take for animals to growth from child to juvenile to adult. Since the only way (besides the incomplete wiki - and only for vanilla animals) is looking in the files themselves for this information and then multiplying by 60 to get the days.
yrtwof  [developer] Jun 29, 2020 @ 9:05am 
That's good idea. I did it. (see log on Update on 6/30/2020 1:04:50 AM. )
Last edited by yrtwof; Jun 29, 2020 @ 9:13am
LeSneak Jul 4, 2020 @ 12:17pm 
If it would be possible I would like a version of this for weapons.
yrtwof  [developer] Jul 4, 2020 @ 10:30pm 
It's possible to create, but it does take a lot of time.
I should need to consider the information you want and the layout...
liosalpha Aug 4, 2020 @ 2:12pm 
Maybe its cool to have another tab that keeps track of the biome your in. So you can try and get everything that that biome has to offer naturaly.
It would unlock like normal, blank and once you have 20% it wil tell the basic of that biomes climate, then ad 50 it wil put up questionmarks for the animals and plants you are missing, and ad 75% it wil display the names and other reagions they might also spawn in.

Then when everything is found but not master it could give a small bonus, and when you have mastered all the points too. Ikd what thou.
i would be happy with a spalsh vicorty screen. XD
yrtwof  [developer] Aug 5, 2020 @ 3:52am 
@liosalpha
Biome Tab!!!!! Thats so interesting, cool and great idea !!!!!!!!!
It may take some time ( update 1.2 will soon ) , but we're definitely looking to implement it!
Thank you so much !!!!
liosalpha Sep 28, 2020 @ 6:21am 
Cool, I saw you added the biome tab too. But im not sure how it picks the animals.
In my modded biome its wands to collect goats. but i never seen one in 8 year.
yrtwof  [developer] Sep 29, 2020 @ 7:03am 
The information in the Biome tabs is based on the information defined in the game.
In RimWorld, a biome is represented by a BiomeDef.
The BiomeDef contains wildPlants, wildAnimals and other information that may appear in the game.
( For example, there are statements like <Muffalo>0.2</Muffalo>,
which means that the occurrence rate of Muffalo is 0.2. )

However,
this mod didn't check the occurrence rate,
so it may be that it judges that it appears even in cases where it is described but has an occurrence rate of 0 ( 0 = Not Apeear) .
I'll review the code a bit.
liosalpha Sep 29, 2020 @ 9:07am 
I went shopping for a goat and it turned out there is a very low chance for it to spawn in the biome im in.
I It just seemed such an odd collection of creatures. like cobras and goats. elephants and squirls. did not make any thematic sence. (for a clouded forrest)
i looked i to the mod (of the biome) and it was there, just like you said.
Your mod is working fine!
thanks thou
Madlark Jun 8, 2022 @ 11:55am 
Hi! Could you please make an option to disable the paper sounds? They get super annoying after a while...
yrtwof  [developer] Jun 9, 2022 @ 5:34am 
@Madlark
I implemented it. I think it can be turned on/off from ModSetting!
( See Update Log at [Auto-generated text]: Update on 6/9/2022 9:28:22 PM. )
Madlark Jun 12, 2022 @ 4:06am 
Originally posted by yrtwof:
@Madlark
I implemented it. I think it can be turned on/off from ModSetting!
( See Update Log at [Auto-generated text]: Update on 6/9/2022 9:28:22 PM. )

Awesome, it works! Thank you so much - now I can browse the Encyclopedia Rimworldica at my leisure (pipe, fireplace, glass of wine and all that). Much appreciated! =)
Creperator Jun 20, 2022 @ 3:09pm 
The possibility to erase entries in the rimpedia, which may be useful to clean out entries that are unaccesible
Norr Sep 26, 2022 @ 7:59am 
Every animal has a CombatPower stat, which in turn influences the Threat Points added to raids (but only if the animal can be trained to 'Attack') in addition to the animal's market value.

Unfortunately, while the CombatPower stat is available in the XML-file for each naimal, there's no way to check the it for an animal in-game.

Would it be possible to add that stat to the animal's Rimpedia entry?
Princess Yoda Dec 29, 2022 @ 3:24pm 
Great Mod Love it :) I would like to suggest a new option feature to add if possible :

It is great to hide details about an unobserved species (animal / plant). But when clicking the "i" information button (the one that always have been in the game), we can already see all these informations.

This is why I don't see the point of all that "hiding feature"

Could it be possible to hide the informations in there as well and "unlock" them through the pojnt system you implemented like in the Rimpedia menu page ?

In my opinion it would add a lot in term of immersion for discovering new species.

It is exciting not to know anything about something until you have studied it and it would feel more realistic/logical.

Thanks for your consideration in my request and I hope this is something that could easily be implemented (at least as a configurable option) :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 17 comments
Per page: 1530 50