• Guardians of the Elixir
  • Lustrian Macaw Riders
  • Sabretooth Riders
Last edited by Decomposed; Aug 7, 2021 @ 10:34am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 73 comments
Legendary lords! Huzzah!!
Shirome Artiste Dec 11, 2019 @ 7:17am 
I love the roster thus far, although I would've liked to see something akin to a early-midgame javelin-throwing frontline or skirmish unit. Kind of like less-squishy skink cohorts(Or, if skirmish, marauder hunters) with javelins.

It just struck me as a bit of a missed opportunity that there's so little focus on thrown spears desite them being pretty effective in both hunting and (low-tech) combat, with them being relatively easy to make, dual-purpose to a certain point and actually packing a pretty nasty punch against anything that isn't equipped with some solid armor.

Don't take it as criticism or anything, as the roster's already pretty comprehensive and, from my current playtesting, competitive at all stages in the game even when sticking to the amazon/beasts only rules, but my mind kept repeating "There should be a javelin unit here somewhere" so now it's written down and hopefully gone from my mind!
Decomposed  [developer] Dec 11, 2019 @ 7:30am 
Believe me, if we could make Amazons with javelins, this mod would be full of them.

Unfortunately, there is no such animation in the game neither for humans nor elves and we can't import/create custom animations :(
atalante Dec 11, 2019 @ 12:22pm 
About balance, it seems that warrior (lance) and warrior (mace), both basic units, cost the same (upfront and upkeep both), but the lance is just better, no trade off, making the mace variant useless.

The lance variant seems also a little bit op compared to the rest of the roster atm, considering their low cost, great speed, good overall attack AND defense, and most importantly, poison. It makes taking the tier 2 units eagle warrior rather useless. The jaguar warriors still have a niche due to the armor percing damage.
Ubermorgen  [developer] Dec 12, 2019 @ 7:00am 
@atalante: You are right about costs and upkeep, it should definitely be a bit higher for the spear variant! I don't think poison on the warriors makes eagle warriors useless though as they have way better melee stats and are also psyImmune.

thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by Ubermorgen; Dec 12, 2019 @ 7:01am
Black Hammer Dec 12, 2019 @ 9:12am 
Or maces could get BvI. I don't think there is much on the Amazon roster with BvI.
Anon of the Sea Dec 14, 2019 @ 7:48pm 
Given the snake priestesses, is there any chance of the Medusae showing up in the roster?
The Rogue Roman Dec 18, 2019 @ 10:06am 
No. Medusae in the lore are specifically associated with Dark Elves.
Anon of the Sea Dec 18, 2019 @ 2:03pm 
Pity. Kinda fell in love with their gibification ranged attack
Nexus Dec 19, 2019 @ 7:18am 
Originally posted by Decomposed:
Believe me, if we could make Amazons with javelins, this mod would be full of them.

Unfortunately, there is no such animation in the game neither for humans nor elves and we can't import/create custom animations :(

Shouldn't Marauder Hunters (Javelin) have the required animations?
Decomposed  [developer] Dec 19, 2019 @ 7:38am 
Originally posted by Nexus:
Originally posted by Decomposed:

Shouldn't Marauder Hunters (Javelin) have the required animations?

Different skeletons. They can't be given to female models.
Shirome Artiste Dec 24, 2019 @ 6:55am 
Perhaps "Sisters of the Thorn" could be used for its animset? Admittedly it's mounted(And changing mounted animsets into non-mounted is, at least for me, completely impossible to achieve to any appreciable result) but perhaps it could be appropriated for a mounted javelin unit?

Because, they do seem to have a "throw projectile" animation rather than a "shoot/fire projectile" animation.

Happy holidays, by the way!
Decomposed  [developer] Dec 24, 2019 @ 8:30am 
We'll see if it can be used. Happy holidays to you as well!
WA_Nux Dec 28, 2019 @ 12:53am 
how does this expanded roster work with nakai? ive always wanted a roaming band of mad women sacking settlements for gold aside their lizard breathren - dont ask :P xD - but im just a bit lazy to start a campaign and to possibly be disappointed in finding out horde campaigns dont support the custom buildings.

thanks in advance
Pablets Jan 1, 2020 @ 3:55pm 
Good work. Just waiting for Amazons as independient faction in Mortal Empires.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 73 comments
Per page: 1530 50