ARK: Survival Evolved

ARK: Survival Evolved

Ark Genomes
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Vanguard  [developer] Dec 11, 2019 @ 6:14pm
FAQS
I will add more to this section as time progresses.

Q: My Server sometimes crashes after an Update.

A: unfortunately this seems to be a common issues with large mods over 1 gig in size sometimes the installation files can get corrupt. Deleting Your Mod Files and reinstalling the mod then restarting your server should solve this issue. The best process is to have the server off when you do this to prevent any loss to the save file of the mod content itself.

Q: Spawn Codes?

A: the latest version of the codes can be found here https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1902213098/1744515852434383527/

Q: How does tiering creatures work and what are my options to customise this?

A: read through the how this mod works discussion tab IN FULL
https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/1902213098/1637549649104680019/

Q: How does this overall mod function/work how do I experience it to the Max?!

A: this mod is designed to effect the environment around you providing new resources to collect and use towards crafting structures that in turn will assist you in enhancing your vanilla creatures to new tiers.

Q: I am lost what do I do first?!

A: Ava will give you your first table after about 10 mins to read and in turn unlock engrams to craft and progress. each time you build or use a new unlocked engram a new data log will be received to proceed further (unlock all engram mods will break this mechanic)

Dragging data logs onto your personal computer to Read and Unlock Engrams.
(simply click on the middle of the screen to close the data log, simple right?)

Q: I have build a Genome Core extractor / Genome Synthesizer / Genome Enhancing Station now what?

A: when you active the structure with fuel cells an option will appear to ask AVA for help these provides additional data logs to assist in understanding each structure and how it works.

Q: How do I get this or that engram I am freaking out because I can't unlock it?!

A: The mod process is designed so that you build each item in order you actually need all of the structures in order for the mod to function. so progressing through building and successfully using each structure will give you each data log for the next item.

In addition to this ALT + L was added for if the mod glitches out and it works on the principle of do you have the engram prior to a data log you are yet to unlock an engram from. if u do it will give you all the data logs upto that engram you are upto.

However you need all of the structures and there functions to get the full mod experience. So there is no point in rushing to have everything unlocked

Q: I use bAutoUnlockEngrams now I am lost....

A: Press ALT L with no menus open and the data logs will populate in your inventory after a short time of processing which will display on your screen

Q:are infected creatures in the wild tame able?

A: No! You will need to enhance your own tamed dinosaurs.

Q:why do wild Variants exist then?!

A: to obtain required resources to enhance your creatures utilising the new structures. you can knock out enhanced creatures and use the genome extractor gun to obtain more resources

Q: I AM IN SINGLE PLAYER AND THINGS OVER OR UNDER SPAWN.

A: utilise the command line to adjust your game environment
cheat slomo 10000
cheat enablespectator
fly around for about 10 mins exposing the map so that the mod can correctly spread.
cheat disablespectator
cheat slomo 1
to return to normal game mode.

Q: What are Hives and How Do they Work

A: Hives are cocoons that are found around the map that are the same tiers as the towers they will only awaken to their prey tier of each tier type below them. when a prey tamed tier Dino is present the hives will be defended by drones. when the drones are killed the hive queen will awake and need to be defeated to reap the rewards (Genome Keys)

Q: What are Mutation Towers & What do They Do?

A: Mutation towers are colour large spires that mutate dinos around them into tiered variants, when attacking one of these towers they may defend themselves by summoning corrupt dinos be aware! once you have destroyed the tower you will reap the rewards (Genome Cores)

Q: Corrupt Gates?

A: They activate when in range and spawn corrupt dinos in the area.

Thank you to Logical for this Support instructional based overview of how the structures work.

PLEASE CLICK THE BELOW LINK TO VIEW THE FULL GUIDE

https://docs.google.com/document/d/12TgFh4BPoxchaiBgqekuyZqvVUuSDpitbRlSNp6VyY8/edit?usp=sharing

Key commands within Ark Genomes

Alt + A AVA HUD :
For adjusting avas actions and visuals
Alt + L DATA LOG RECOVERY:
for retrieving data logs that have been unlocked but lost or not retrieved correctly
Alt + Ctrl + T SELF TERMINATION:
use when in a situation you can't get yourself out of
Alt + 7 ADMIN HUD :
when logged in as an admin will bring up the current admin hud allowing you to view quantities of things and delete them with the red x's

Additionally the following command lines with do a a more thorough clean however restarting/reloading your game or server should achieve the same thing

to destroy the nodes etc., use following commands ingame:
DestroyAll FogAmbient_Large_C
DestroyAll FogAmbient_Small_C
DestroyAll 00_Parent_DustNode_C
DestroyAll RisingStructureGParent2_C
DestroyAll ElementNodeMutationTowerSpawnedParent_C

ADDITIONALLY WHEN AVA IS IN YOUR HAND PRESSING ALT + R WILL TOGGLE HER COMPLETLY OFF AND ON AGAIN THIS CAN BE USED FOR DEBUGGING BUT IS NOT RECOMMENDED THAT YOU LEAVE HER OFF COMPLETELY AS IT WILL BREAK THE FUNCTIONALITY OF RECEIVING DATA LOGS!

Last edited by Vanguard; Jan 18, 2020 @ 3:52am