RimWorld

RimWorld

Vanilla Furniture Expanded - Production
Samson Oct 6, 2019 @ 10:43am
Suggestions
Man, I love this mod series! Not only are the mods amazing, but they get released like new chapters in Shounen Jump! (For non manga fans, mangaka work their absolute @&^es off to release a new chapter every week.)

Here are a couple of things that I think would be cool additions to the mod.

- An industrial biofuel refinery

- A system that looks at recipes in the industrial cooker and checks to see if they output only one item (that is a meal) and automatically adds a recipe to cook that meal in bulk. (This would make it support any mod imaginable.)

Cheers!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Bickq Oct 10, 2019 @ 4:30am 
In line with the other comments on the large production modules not being worth their size (and recognizing at a 50% work speed increase is already very significant, perhaps the large production modules should instead have a higher chance for better quality, rather than just speed?

Because imo in mid/late game the speed to produce anything is very rarely ever an issue, but higher quality products are more sought after..
fatburner Oct 11, 2019 @ 8:00am 
I beg to differ. I have 10 colonists+ and when it comes to crafting i am always behind even tho i have about 4 colonists dedicated to it. The large tables are a welcome addition.
Samson Oct 11, 2019 @ 3:50pm 
I agree with somr here-- You have to keep in mind that this mod is meant to be a mod for a vanilla like experience. Sure, when you've hooked up your machines to an ultra- Glitternet and 4 armed mutant colonists doing the crafting, you will always be on top of your crafting bills, but when you are playing more or less vanilla, +50% speed is a balanced yet appreciable difference.
Cadmus Jan 28, 2020 @ 5:41am 
The Fuelled Smelter is nice, but smelting scrap steel still takes an age, how about an Industrial Smelter, a big 3x3 thing with a pot of molten metal on it that can melt many chunks at once? Would make cleaning up after a drop-pod raid easier.
Ronin Ryker Mar 13, 2020 @ 12:42pm 
I myself love the large production tables, and would even like to see a Large Art Bench with cabinets to go with. It takes ages to make art.
Toby Jul 21, 2020 @ 4:24am 
Would like to put forth the suggestion: to patch the mod for bad hygiene users so that the kitchen sink cabinet must be connected to plumbing and running water for it to work (or at least for it to do the cleanliness 5.0 bit, which is what the old kitchen sink did but you needed to have it hooked up)

Thanks for the great mod <3
GothAlice Aug 3, 2020 @ 7:26pm 
I'd put a +1 towards a "large" version of a smeltery. Not talkin' the smithy, here, the one that is often extended to break down weapons and armor. Linkables and a speed bonus (at the cost of power) would be nice, and it would help that singular aspect of post-raid disassembly fit in with the rest of my production lines. 😜
CassieIrradiated Mar 7, 2021 @ 9:47pm 
A large electric smelter and/or a large electric drugs lab would be great to see. Some bulk recipes for drugs still take ages, even with the electric drug lab.
lale Apr 23, 2021 @ 10:56pm 
I cant comment anywhere so ill do it here sorry.
possibility of a GitHub link for non-steam users?
null_ref Jul 6, 2021 @ 3:02pm 
First of all, thank you for all the awesome mods! Would it be possible to hide some of the furniture behind research? For example, lock drug cabinet until drug lab is researched.
Hate me Aug 24, 2021 @ 8:00am 
Please add glower to fueled smelter. Seems very odd it's not glowing while fueled.
SkylineOdeum Oct 20, 2021 @ 8:02pm 
Does the kitchen sink cabinet link to the sushi prep table or the espresso machine from other vanilla expanded mods or is the just specifically for the stoves?
What about a hearth and/or a stone oven for cooking and heating the room?

Edit: It would be nice to see some more medieval and tribal furniture.
Last edited by Chronos "Salty" Pliskin; Feb 3, 2022 @ 11:52am
123nick Apr 4, 2022 @ 7:22pm 
i think the large workbenches could be a higher speed boost. for a 6000 research point research, taking up 3 times the room (5*2=10 vs 1*3=3), costing a lot more to build, i mean 50% more isnt bad and definitely is significant but it still feels like it could be bigger-er.
Brentor Jan 29, 2023 @ 2:15pm 
After using this mod for a long time, I think the Large Electric Smithy is nearly useless... Smithy has always been the least used crafting table in my colonies. Who is really making THAT many tools?

I also agree with others that these would be nice (and definitely more useful than Large Electric Smithy):
- Large Assembly Bench
- Large Electric Drug Lab
- Large Biofuel Refinery (or at least with special linkables)
- Large Electric Stonecutter's Table
- Large Electric Smelter
- Large Art Bench
< >
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
Per page: 1530 50