Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

Atmos - Day / Night and Weather Modification
BetaDesh Jul 11, 2016 @ 2:25pm
Black sky issue on server.
I have an issue with this mod. I tried using it on the dark rp server I am creating and it worked just fine for a while but recently the sky on the map has just been all black upon spawning in (when it should be day time as this is just after restarting the server). I determined that your mod is responsible as once I uninstalled it from the server the sky came back. When the issue occured I would get this message in console.

Requesting texture value from var "$startexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/paintedrt)
Requesting texture value from var "$startexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/paintedlf)
Requesting texture value from var "$startexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/paintedbk)
Requesting texture value from var "$startexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/paintedft)
Requesting texture value from var "$startexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/paintedup)
Requesting texture value from var "$startexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/painteddn)
Requesting texture value from var "$startexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/paintedrt)
Requesting texture value from var "$startexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/paintedlf)
Requesting texture value from var "$startexture" which is not a texture value (material: skybox/paintedbk)

Please do help as I really love this mod and want it to be on the server for the great realism and immersion it creates.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
looter  [developer] Jul 11, 2016 @ 8:44pm 
I think those errors mean the materials themselves are missing, the only things I could find online about it mentioned having to reinstall the game.
BetaDesh Jul 11, 2016 @ 9:04pm 
Well that is poop :(
looter  [developer] Jul 11, 2016 @ 11:41pm 
Try verifying your game cache first, and if that doesn't work reinstalling. Do other clients see the same thing?
BeNT0 Jul 12, 2016 @ 4:12am 
This is happening on my server aswell, I really enjoy this addon and hope there's a fix besides game file validation.
BetaDesh Jul 12, 2016 @ 1:26pm 
I have tried to validate already
looter  [developer] Jul 13, 2016 @ 12:32am 
Does it affect everyone in the server, or just you?
BeNT0 Jul 13, 2016 @ 1:51am 
From what i've experienced it affects everyone on the server.
BetaDesh Jul 13, 2016 @ 11:21am 
everyone
looter  [developer] Jul 13, 2016 @ 7:18pm 
Please set atmos_log 1 in the servers console, and changelevel/restart, and post the server log here as a pastebin link.
BeNT0 Jul 13, 2016 @ 8:01pm 
Do you happen to have an addon called acecool in your server? I removed mine and it seems to have fixed the issue.
BetaDesh Jul 13, 2016 @ 10:28pm 
I do not have any addon by that name
BetaDesh Jul 13, 2016 @ 10:29pm 
As for the issue it seems to be working fine now, so this leads me to believe the glitch happens at random and doesn't have any noteable cause.
[327]Brendan1579 Sep 19, 2017 @ 11:24pm 
im having the same problem but in single player...
OhIt'sChris Dec 20, 2017 @ 2:42pm 
I have a messed up sky... i need help...
Sanders Nov 8, 2018 @ 1:08am 
i have an issue with this aswell anytime its dark outside the ground becomes black.............why?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
Per page: 1530 50