Imperator: Rome

2.0 Better UI
Agami  [developer] Jan 28, 2020 @ 10:51am
Bugs
Report your bugs here
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
DarkMatter Jan 28, 2020 @ 12:06pm 
This mod makes my game crash! After two days of testing and two separate games, I determined that this mod was the cause. Below are the last lines in the error logs, I do not know if these error are specifically related, but its all I have to go on:

Game one, made it to year 518:

[07:26:01][eventmanager.cpp:243]: Failed to trigger event traits.3, not a valid country to trigger for. Country: ---, root scope type state with name 'Province of Aegean Islands'
[07:26:02][pdx_gui_property.h:90]: property has wrong type
[07:26:04][eventmanager.cpp:243]: Failed to trigger event , not a valid country to trigger for. Country: ---, root scope type country with name 'Chera'

• Note: I did not receive the gui property error every time.

Game two, crashed somewhere around 450:

[14:42:54][eventmanager.cpp:243]: Failed to trigger event , not a valid country to trigger for. Country: ---, root scope type state with name 'Province of Histria'

After disabling this mod the game did not crash and I was able to continue both saves luckily!
I also use UI mods: Better Peace Deal UI, Better Trade UI, Better Army UI, & Better War Screen, but the game still crashed when I turned them all off and only ran 1.3 Better UI. It's a shame because I really like this mod. Please let me know if you figure out a fix or need additional info!
Agami  [developer] Jan 28, 2020 @ 12:09pm 
@GodLike, all of those mods are included here. And they are not updated to the latest version of the game. Can you try starting a new game just with this one?
I'm actually surprised it worked for you at all with them.

Most likely the issue is the Better War Screen, because it runs monthly events to calculate total strength.
Last edited by Agami; Jan 28, 2020 @ 12:12pm
dan0uge Feb 2, 2020 @ 1:15pm 
Greetings!

Today's update of this mod has made it unusable for me. Whenever the Better UI mod is enabled, this is what I see when I zoom in: https://imgur.com/dVmzzit

I've tried unsubscribing/resubscribing, toggling overlays and the only way to get rid of the issue is to disable the mod.

I really enjoy your mod(s) so I hope this is an easy fix :)

Last edited by dan0uge; Feb 2, 2020 @ 1:57pm
Agami  [developer] Feb 2, 2020 @ 2:20pm 
@dan0uge, are you using another mod? Can you unsubscribe from everthing else and try again?
Because you don't have my pop overlay.
Perhaps just moving Better UI lower in the load order would fix it too, so it overwrites whatever else you have.
Here's the current version without any map mode changes (which are causing your issue):
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jtSXNoJO7xyHmgu1Cw5DZjV9QOF4ZXJd
Last edited by Agami; Feb 2, 2020 @ 2:52pm
dan0uge Feb 2, 2020 @ 8:05pm 
Originally posted by Agamidae:
@dan0uge, are you using another mod? Can you unsubscribe from everthing else and try again?

I am ashamed to say that I didn't try this before posting, and indeed if I disable all mods except for yours everything is fine.

I'm sorry to have bothered you with this non-issue, and thanks for the help :)
DarkMatter Feb 28, 2020 @ 4:10pm 
I'm back. This mod was not compatible with Glavius AI when I added it to my existing save. Cause a game over event after a few in game days. I disabled the AI mod though and it plays fine.
MonstraG Apr 13, 2020 @ 4:28am 
Territory type (e.g Desert) looks strange in uninhabitable provinces (it is used as a square small icon)
Amish__Hacker® Apr 14, 2020 @ 5:22pm 
Hey there!
I love the UI improvement it makes life so much easier!
However although my game runs at a constant 60 fps even until very late game with the graphics on ultra, with this mod the fps drops significantly to around 30-40. This gets even worse upon opening any province view with any nation even on the starting date of the game that makes the fps go down to 12-15. This is all while my CPU or GFX or memory meters are well below 30% usage. I'd very much appreciate a solution or a hotfix as this mod has made this game 100 times better for me.

Also i'm using no other mods at all and I have all the official DLCs.

Cheers.
Agami  [developer] Apr 14, 2020 @ 8:06pm 
@STRATOFORTRESS®, that's weird, because my laptop is probably weaker, usually hovers around 55 FPS and I barely see any framerate drop when opening the province view.

This may just be the side effect of using scripted guis: that's how I display more info, add my own buttons, etc. They just aren't as fast as the game code itself, so it slightly hurts performance. Or, apparently, a lot in your case.
I can try to make a second version of the mod in the future, without scripted guis: so less functionality but better performance. There is no quick fix for this.

(And I prefer to keep the discussion here, so it doesn't notify people who are subscribed to the comments on the mod page)
TwinsVenue Apr 20, 2020 @ 2:13pm 
Hey I am enjoying the mod but have 1 issue with it, in the province window, the province improvements stretch off their screen over to the provincial resource income. I am using 1.4 and the only other mod I have is the extra map overlays mod.

Was wondering if you could offer any help https://imgur.com/a/pgs7C9S
Agami  [developer] Apr 20, 2020 @ 2:40pm 
Originally posted by TwinsVenue:
in the province window, the province improvements stretch off their screen
damn, that should've been fixed. I'll check it
TwinsVenue Apr 20, 2020 @ 5:16pm 
My apologies, I deleted my imperator documents folder and resubscribed to the mod and that fixed it :steamfacepalm: thanks anyway!
ender02 Jun 28, 2020 @ 2:24am 
Hi Agamidae,

I have the problem, that playing the game with this mod starts beeing slow after 10-20 years of progression. If somehow some cache would fill up with the time that makes the whole game slower. It is then unplayeable after a while.
If I restart the game, everything is fine again for 10-20 years, that is why I think it is a kind if cache problem.

Whithout the mod, I do not have this problem, the ticks are constant over the whole game.

Do you have any idea? What should I check, what infos do you need to find out the problem?
Agami  [developer] Jun 28, 2020 @ 2:47am 
Originally posted by ender02:
I have the problem, that playing the game with this mod starts beeing slow after 10-20 years of progression.
Just to clarify, monthly ticks become longer? Or FPS drops down?
Have you tried disabling some of my calculations in settings?
ender02 Jul 4, 2020 @ 5:35am 
Originally posted by Agamidae:
Originally posted by ender02:
I have the problem, that playing the game with this mod starts beeing slow after 10-20 years of progression.
Just to clarify, monthly ticks become longer? Or FPS drops down?
Have you tried disabling some of my calculations in settings?

Monthly ticks become 2-3 times slower (and even more, but then I just restart the game and everything works fine for 10-20 years again)
I disabled all the calculations, cannot see any difference.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 47 comments
Per page: 1530 50