Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Empyrion - Galactic Survival

Project Eden - Empyrion 1.0 (obsolete - new version available)
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
ravien_ff  [developer] Jun 17, 2020 @ 2:35am
Please report problems with the scenario here
Alpha 12 changes a lot both with the game and the scenario. Despite my best efforts to test, some problems will probably show up.

If you encounter any issues with the scenario please report them here using the template provided to help me fix it.

If you think you encountered a game bug, first reproduce the issue in an unmodded, default survival game before reporting it as a bug on the Empyrion main web site here:
https://empyriononline.com/forums/bugs.24/

Thank you to everyone who has left feedback!

Reporting Template:

Seed:

Star name and type:

Planet, Moon, or Sector name and type where the issue occurred:

Name of the mission, POI or dialog:

What happened:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 130 comments
Known Issues:

- Warps sometimes fail on dedicated servers even on a default scenario. Game issue.

- LCD text inside Object 82 is blank boxes due to a change in LCD font.
- Dialog at Object 82 and the other objects, and the Epsilon Relays, do not add a bookmark on the galaxy map on dedicated servers. Known game limitation at the moment.
Workaround is for you to search for the solar system name that they tell you (not yet in for the Epsilon relays as the Epsilon mission line is a work in progress for next update).

- Can't complete colony ship object for The Infected.

- No mineable ice on ice planets or moons. I will be adding ice deposits and ice textures to those in the future so you can obtain ice from them. :D

- Progenitor Translation Key is consumed on use. Oops! Will be fixed in next update.
Last edited by ravien_ff; Jul 29, 2020 @ 10:43pm
Reserved.
BlackD Jun 21, 2020 @ 11:57pm 
Seed: 907137

Star: Delta [F]

Sector: Sienna

Mission: The infected Part 1 - Sienna Colonists / POI: UCH Colony Ship

What happened:

When i access the console on the colony ship and press "view log" the dialog just closes. Also there where 3 "Logs from UCHN New Horizns" on top of each other in the locker.

ravien_ff  [developer] Jun 22, 2020 @ 12:15am 
Originally posted by BlackD:
Seed: 907137

Star: Delta [F]

Sector: Sienna

Mission: The infected Part 1 - Sienna Colonists / POI: UCH Colony Ship

What happened:

When i access the console on the colony ship and press "view log" the dialog just closes. Also there where 3 "Logs from UCHN New Horizns" on top of each other in the locker.

Ah sorry about that, I didn't get a chance to finish converting the logs on that ship into dialog form so I had left it kind of halfway finished.

The lockers are there in case players destroy the console without speaking to it first, as kind of a fallback (though you can also manually mark the mission as complete).
BlackD Jun 22, 2020 @ 12:32am 
ah no worries :)

I thought the lockers where for the colony logs and the console for the ship logs since after i picked up the logs from the locker only "found colony logs" got marked as complete.

but yeah i had to manually complete this.
ravien_ff  [developer] Jun 22, 2020 @ 8:34am 
Originally posted by Scooby:
Seed:Default

Star name and type: Starter Orbit

Planet, Moon, or Sector name and type where the issue occurred:

What happened: Do not know if this is PE or the game but, I have 20 steel plate to make an RCS for a SV but the constructor is only registering 18 plate.

https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198067207576/home/

The template info did not seem to matter for this as I would think it would be a game wide thing. Sorry if that is not the best way to share a screenshot but not sure how to do it another way.

Things like that wouldn't be because of the scenario.
mnemosynebias Jun 22, 2020 @ 7:32pm 
Seed: 89089

Star name and type: Rouge System

Planet, Moon, or Sector name and type where the issue occurred: PX-37

Name of the mission, POI or dialog: "Internal Error Occurred!!"

What happened: When I warp from either PX-37 or from Rouge System Sun to Object 82, I receive an internal error prompt that I am unable to navigate around immediately upon arrival. The only option is for me to close out of the game. After attempting multiple times from previous save games I am still getting the internal error message.
ravien_ff  [developer] Jun 22, 2020 @ 8:47pm 
Seed: Default

Star name and type:

Planet, Moon, or Sector name and type where the issue occurred: Rogue J 5565 Moon 2 Starter Moon

What happened: At a Titanium deposit with nothing here. Realize this is likely the game but also noticed default is moving away from this mining type. Though I would give you a head up on it. Seems the next one in line has ore. I have used GM to verify that there is nothing here.
Silly question but approaching from underneath would not effect anything would it? Drones around so I just dug to the deposit instead of choosing combat. This start is brutal. LOL.

Paying more attention also seeing that the percent left is not counting down. Though it does remove the marker when you get it all.

Found a second empty Titanium.

Is this single player, coop, or on a server?
It's a known game bug but unfortunately voxel deposits do not deplete with auto miners and there's no way to customize their shape.
ravien_ff  [developer] Jun 22, 2020 @ 8:48pm 
Originally posted by mnemosynebias:

What happened: When I warp from either PX-37 or from Rouge System Sun to Object 82, I receive an internal error prompt that I am unable to navigate around immediately upon arrival. The only option is for me to close out of the game. After attempting multiple times from previous save games I am still getting the internal error message.

I just tested this the other day and it worked fine. I'll test using the seed you provided and see if I can reproduce it.
ravien_ff  [developer] Jun 22, 2020 @ 9:27pm 
Originally posted by ravien_ff:

Is this single player, coop, or on a server?
It's a known game bug but unfortunately voxel deposits do not deplete with auto miners and there's no way to customize their shape.

This is SP, I thought it was a known issue but thought I would point it out. Only seen it in Titanium so far. Think that haunted them through Exp no?

Titanium wasn't initially enabled for SSOR while it was a work in progress.

Unfortunately unless I go to voxel deposits this bug will remain unless the devs find a way to fix it.
If auto miners depleted voxel and you could make more shapes I'd use them.
Of course its fairly easy to change yourself. I'll be posting up a guide this weekend on more configuration options for the scenario aimed at servers but could be applied in single player as well.
BlackD Jun 22, 2020 @ 11:14pm 
Originally posted by ravien_ff:
Originally posted by mnemosynebias:

I just tested this the other day and it worked fine. I'll test using the seed you provided and see if I can reproduce it.

was about to post this too.

my seed is still the same ( 907137 )

dont know if it helps but here's the crashlog:

https :/mega.nz/file/hD41ESTI#BElh6dEIQzw0cll7k_OqOdFSeHQ_8-Jaq6oANg0Gl38
Last edited by BlackD; Jun 22, 2020 @ 11:15pm
ravien_ff  [developer] Jun 22, 2020 @ 11:55pm 
Okay thank you. I'll have to test this tomorrow and see what's going on.
ravien_ff  [developer] Jun 23, 2020 @ 12:18am 
@mnemosynebias @BlackD I tried seed 89089 and warping from the rogue planet to Object 82 worked fine. I'll test the second seed tomorrow when I have more time.

If you both get a chance can you use the "stats" command (without the console) in the console and share a screenshot of what it shows? You can upload the screenshot to Steam or a known file sharing site (imgur), or upload it on the forum thread here:
https://empyriononline.com/threads/project-eden-wip-massive-random-scenario.38334/
BlackD Jun 23, 2020 @ 2:48am 
i just tried to but unfortunately you cant open the console or anthing else while the error is showing.
You can click continue as often as you want but the error just reopens again and again.
zatrix Jun 23, 2020 @ 7:13am 
Can't seem to start the game in multiplayer, crashes out with the following:

Sector for playfield 'Rogue PX-37' not found
Exception while reading playfield configuration file
SystemIO.DirectoryNotFoundException: "E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Empyrion- Galactic Survival\Content\Playfields\Rogue PX-37\playfield_debug.yaml"
System reference not set to an instance of an object

There is indeed no such directory, however singleplayer launches fine.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 130 comments
Per page: 1530 50