This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
aRandomKiwi  [developer] Apr 15, 2019 @ 5:21am
[Features Requests]
Want new features ? you are in the good topic :br_cool:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Mehni Apr 15, 2019 @ 2:02pm 
Love the mod.

What do you think of a custom count for autosaves? Instead of just 5, maybe I want 10. Or a hundred! Sure I'll buy another terabyte.

Might be out of scope for the mod. Might already even be a feature, I'm just a Steam user so I don't read descriptions or bother installing the mod before asking.

luv u bby u the best
aRandomKiwi  [developer] Apr 15, 2019 @ 4:51pm 
@Mehni Thanks, totally in the scope, in fact it's a good idea ! I update the mod with this new feature.

Good imitation of steam user which never read FAQ and tutorial that I spend a lot of time writing :x3:
tosac Apr 17, 2019 @ 6:56am 
I would love some more languages.
You should feel free to contact me, I am able to provide translation services into 44 different languages.
Dovahkiin Apr 20, 2019 @ 12:24am 
Can you add a quick save keyboard shortcut? There was a mod that does this but hasn't been updated.
Dovahkiin Apr 20, 2019 @ 12:30pm 
I see quick save feature was added today, thanks a lot @aRandomKiwi !
whenriksen1 May 5, 2019 @ 6:55pm 
It would be amazing to associate a mod collection to a folder, all saves in the folder using the same list of mods. This would help dramatically when playing different colonies with different mod collections.
MurMax Jul 23, 2019 @ 2:53am 
Only one thing - pls, do the same for Mods menu with only one option - "back without change" button, I just hate this feature of rimworld, no back button, no second try to remember what you moven in that menu. And thanks for your mod, it is great.
Bibble Jan 5, 2020 @ 11:43am 
it would be pretty nice in my opinion if you added a feature that the specific temperatures of rooms would be saved as their current temperature. would help in instances of extreme freezing, especially when with other mods.
Morlega Mar 15, 2020 @ 2:51pm 
I see both the Quick save and the "Number of autosaves" features originate from here. I'd like to suggest a combination of these:
  • An option "Number of quicksaves" similar to the autosave rotation
  • The "Load Quicksave" action would just load the last modified save
It has happened that I quick save right before an incident, quick save (out of habit) sometime during the incident, and later on want to load back the save to right before the incident, only to realize my latter quick save has overwritten the earlier one. Having the mod keep X amount of saves would really be helpful for these (and other) cases.
Morlega Mar 15, 2020 @ 2:55pm 
Oh, and switching from hardcoded keybinds to using the built-in Keyboard configuration would be handy. Not entirely sure how you'll support "ctrl+[save]" to load, though. Perhaps make "ctrl+[save]" work (by checking for CTRL modifier in the keybind handler?) that's by default bound to the Home key and also add a [load] keybind which by default is just bound to nothing? Not really a big deal, but being free to choose the exact keybind(s) might be nice
kmcl11 Mar 18, 2020 @ 10:57pm 
Hi :) I would like to second the request above about a back without change button :)
But what i was really hoping to suggest is when you load a save with a different modlist to the one currently running, it would be helpful if the different mods could be highlighted. I have a long list, and it is difficult to see which mod changed (assuming I didnt just manually change something)
Twilight Jun 20, 2020 @ 3:24am 
Hi!, i think your mod brings a lot to the table, but right from the beginning i had a major gripe with it: the "delete all savegames" functionality looks the same as all the other delete buttons, and has also only the same security question (at first glance). So, if you are unconcentrated, you are only one click away from wiping all your savegames.

I think the number of people who actually need this button is way lower then the chance that somebody uses it by accident.

Suggestion: make this functionality not accessible from the main dialog or give a mod option to disable it alltogether or add a *second* security question when deleting everything. You could also make the security question for this case bright red.

If somebody wants to delete all files, he can always use the 'explore here' button anyway and use the file explorer.

Even knowing about this problem last night i was way too tired and unconcentrated and i wanted to delete the last autosave file at the top of the list. I clicked the topmost delete button, clicked ok and voila - all savegames gone with months of playtime.

I like your mod and i think its functionality is outstanding ( with the one exception), but please reconsider this button for the sake of all other users. That's a real usability trap right there.
Last edited by Twilight; Jun 20, 2020 @ 3:25am
Twilight Jun 20, 2020 @ 11:51pm 
Another idea how to disarm that situation would be changing the colored icon of the 'delete all' button and move it to the left side, so that it is not in the same row/column than the other 'single delete' buttons.
Last edited by Twilight; May 25, 2021 @ 2:23am
LeFauxMatt Jul 3, 2020 @ 9:02pm 
Would love it if RimSaves had the option of generating a full-map screenshot everyday. Interested in having timelapses for my games.
jim_0 Sep 2, 2020 @ 6:40pm 
do you plan to implement a way to be able to kinda "export" your colony to another game? as if it was moving to a new planet in SOS2, but fixing the save file or being able to remove mods without breaking your save?

could essentially save your toons and loot while wiping your history and logs clean, cause my save files are over 55MB

edit: if you figure out how to fix saves, how ever that may be, ill donate $100 US, and im sure im not the only one
Last edited by jim_0; Sep 2, 2020 @ 6:55pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Per page: 1530 50