Team Fortress 2

Team Fortress 2

Chunky Chad
giggler Feb 23, 2019 @ 3:35pm
It looks cool, but...
I'm really getting sick of meme cosmetics. Stuff like the level 3 chin and the burly beast were silly, but they kinda fit the tone and artstyle of the game so it's fine. But stuff like the gaelic glutton and the millenial mercenary are getting pretty obnoxious. I'm kind of worried that all of the cosmetics made now are going for pop culture references rather than actually fitting in TF2's universe. Sure, stuff like New Zealand being like Atlantis or Abraham Lincoln inventing rocket jumping is silly, but at least it was funny without having to rely on any memes and fit in with the insane world TF2 created. This is just "haha funny meme/reference bro."
< >
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
Noil Feb 23, 2019 @ 3:55pm 
kinda have to agree with you on that
rat Feb 23, 2019 @ 9:27pm 
I disagree.
A.R.E.S. Feb 24, 2019 @ 6:40am 
I mean... We have the Spycrab and that all came from a visual glitch ten years ago. Now it has it's own plushie.
Draconis Feb 24, 2019 @ 7:06am 
may i also say that the merc's mohawk already exists as an all class so this cosmetic has no use or place.
giggler Feb 24, 2019 @ 9:00am 
Originally posted by A.R.E.S. #HeavyForSmash:
I mean... We have the Spycrab and that all came from a visual glitch ten years ago. Now it has it's own plushie.
Sure, but that was an injoke created by TF2 itself. This is a meme that isn't even really relevant anymore.
NW/RL (Banned) Feb 24, 2019 @ 9:22am 
Meme cosmetics come into existence either due to the player liking the meme, or from the cosmetic becoming a meme over time. So just saying "no meme cosmetics" isn't valid. Although I can understand why you want to keep to the overall artstyle, I don't see how this doesn't fit said style
giggler Feb 24, 2019 @ 9:30am 
Originally posted by Mr.Panface:
Meme cosmetics come into existence either due to the player liking the meme, or from the cosmetic becoming a meme over time. So just saying "no meme cosmetics" isn't valid. Although I can understand why you want to keep to the overall artstyle, I don't see how this doesn't fit said style
The problem is that many meme cosmetics stop being funny after like a month, then nobody wants to wear them anymore because they're pretty ugly. It's one thing if a meme is referenced in the description, like the team captain, but if the whole cosmetic is based on a meme then it doesn't work.
suzycore Feb 24, 2019 @ 4:02pm 
Omfg the game doesn't have an art style
Malfunction Feb 24, 2019 @ 5:08pm 
"The game doesn't have an art style"? Are you blind? It clearly does.
Last edited by Malfunction; Feb 24, 2019 @ 5:08pm
giggler Feb 24, 2019 @ 7:15pm 
Originally posted by DlakeBlue:
this comment better be bait, otherwise i'm very worried about your mental health
rat Feb 24, 2019 @ 9:28pm 
Originally posted by Dude McAttitude:
Originally posted by DlakeBlue:
this comment better be bait, otherwise i'm very worried about your mental health
Lmao you just took the bait though
Karambwanji Feb 25, 2019 @ 5:05am 
Valve adds whatever they think will sell the most. They don't care about what you think.
Vvvvvv  [developer] Feb 25, 2019 @ 5:12am 
if you dont like meme cosmetics dont make them and dont buy them

im gonna keep making whatever i like though
giggler Feb 25, 2019 @ 6:14am 
Originally posted by 2dollaslices:
Valve adds whatever they think will sell the most. They don't care about what you think.
It's just a shame to see a genuinely funny game devolve into dated meme humor.
Jangles Feb 25, 2019 @ 8:37am 
I aggree with ya OP, but tbh this does fit the artstyle pretty well.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 40 comments
Per page: 1530 50