Total War: SHOGUN 2

Total War: SHOGUN 2

Ultimate Immersive Mod - Part 1
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
TAKEDA 🔴 SHINGEN  [developer] Apr 28, 2019 @ 7:39pm
Changelog & Updates [2019-05-03]

Fixes
TAKEDA BOW CAVALRY CTD
It was reported a couple time that CTD were occuring while interacting with the Takeda, mostly while engaging them in battle or playing them in a battle. The cause of those CTD was a mistkae of my part. In the data.pack, I've put 80 or 60 men in the Bow Cav. unit while keeping the number of horses to the original number. Now it is fixed.

Last Updates
UNIT EXPERIENCE
The experience pool of all units has been increased to avoid them becoming too powerful and consequently surpass in quality the elite units like samurai. In addition, the bonuses attributed to each level up have been reduced.

UNIT MOVEMENT POINTS
The movement points of each land and naval unit have been increased.

UNIT SIZE
Some units have had their size increased slightly.

MISSILE INFANTRY
All missile infantry have now half of their initial ammo and the spread of their volley have been reduced from 6 to 4, making missile units slightly more accurate than before.

CAV. BONUS VS CAV
Some cavalry unit had a huge bonus against other cavalry. It has been reset to their initial value for better balance.

TECHNOLOGY REASEARH TIME
The research time have been doubled, so now you need almost 350 turns to get to the bottom of both tech tree (bushido & civil) and yet still not having research all technology. The purpose is to make the game a bit more challenging while also forcing you to wisely choose the path that better suit your style, and it now gives a TRUE meaning for skill like poet that reduces the research time. So now not all of your generals will be strategist or fearsome warriors, some will need to be more diplomatic and passive.

SKILL TREES & EFFECTS
The last branch of skills for Shinto-Buddhist faction has been renamed "Investment" for it is exactly that. I've also remove the node that linked the skill of "Ashigaru Commander" to "Infantry Leader". And lastly i've tweaked some other skills value for the sake of balance. A new independant skill was added for all factions : Administrator (Tier 3, Level 3 = +15% Civil Research, +5% Replenishment, -15% Upkeep).

GENERALS EXPERIENCE
I've slightly reduced the experience of generals, so now they level up a bit faster than before.

Changelog

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ U N I T S ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • CHOSOKABE UNITS
Katana, Naginata and Yari can all fire arrows now, but they are not impacted by the bonus granted by the building in which you can recruit them for unknown reason. I've also reduced their units size from 160 to 120 for the sake of balance.
  • SHIMAZU UNITS
Katana, Naginata and Yari have had all their unit portrait replaced to better distinct them from other factions units since their samurai are the most competent and discipline of all Japan (better stats).
  • IKKO-IKKI UNITS
They can recruit ronins at a fair price and immense mob units at a very cheap price whom can stand their ground against ashigaru units, if under the right commander.
  • OVERHAUL UNITS STATS
Every units in the game have had their stats tweaked for a better balance, from they combat stats to their price and upkeep, their experience pool has also been increased, et cetera.
  • UNITS NAME
All units names have been changed to add a more japanese and historical flavor, so now a Bow Ashigaru becomes a Yumi Ashigaru and a Samurai Retainers becomes a Samurai Gokenin, et cetera. The purpose is also to distinct units from one and others. Interestingly enought, Ashigaru were also considered and refered to as Samurais in the Sengoku Jidai period. Our innacurate modern meaning of Samurai refers to a specific kind of individuals which were most likely the Hatamoto, the direct retainers of a powerful character (a lord, a daimyo, et cetera). So now instead of having Katana Samurai, we have Katana Goshi, which are self-sufficient non-mounted warriors, or Jizamurai, which are lesser lord or independant individual that fight mounted on a warhorse.
  • LAND UNITS CAP
All units superior to the Ashigaru have a cap to prevent having armies only made of samurais or other elite units, since there always should be more less-trained foot soldiers than elites one.
  • NAVAL UNITS CAP
Since Shogun 2 isn't really about naval warfare, I've greatly increase the price/upkeep for every ships and put a cap on all of them so they won't spam like in the vanilla Shogun 2. Therefore you will see less of them and AI will recruit more land units.
  • MISSILES RANGE
Range has been increased for bow and matchlock units. Now the former have a range of 150 and the latter a range of 180.
  • SIEGE UNITS
Cannons and Mangonels were multiplied by 2, so instead of 4 there's 8 for each unit. ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ B U I L D I N G S ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • SIEGE TIME
Since this mod is a 12 turns per year, I've adapted the siege lenght time. The lowers tier fort takes 3 month to surrender and the highest tier takes a year and a half (or two, I don't really remember). And now AI will besiege you and not instantly assault your settlement the first turn.
  • GARRISON
Garrisons have been upgraded, so for each tier you have more units to defend your settlements and so does the AI. The purpose is to give a challenge and also to enhance the importance of sieging a settlement for a couple of months in order to make the siege less difficult and costly in lives. ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ A G E N T S ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • PRICE
In order to make your agent valuable and not as expandable as they use to be, I've increased their price for some :
- Ninja : 1000$
- Geisha : 2000$
- Metsuke : 750$
- Monks & Missionaries : 500$
- Ikko-Ikki Monks : 350$
  • NUMBER
Since agents break the games early on and also make the turns longer, I've decreased the number you can recruit to preserve the quality of Shogun 2. You can now recruit 1 Ninja, 1 Geisha, 3 Metsuke and 2 Monks (5 Monks if you play as the Ikko-Ikki). ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ S K I L L T R E E S ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • GENERALS
SHINTO-BUDDHIST FACTIONS : A complete new and way more efficient skill trees for generals of Shinto-Buddhist factions separated into 6 branches of focus : diplomatic, nautical, military, martial and investments. OTHER RELIGIOUS FACTIONS : The other religious faction have almost the same skill tree, the only difference being the last branch. Investments branch is replaced by the sectarian branch. ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ M A P ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
  • REGIONS
Shogun 2 had originally 69 regions, but this mod has increased this number to 175! The journey takes longer and you get the chance to build a powerful base from which to launch invasion. But so does your enemies! This map has been imported from another mod (see credits).
  • CLANS
A 103 clans have been added to enrich the player experience. Now you can subdue the Ishida, the Kuroda or even the Ii clans or ally them if they manage to become super power! It is now way more gratifying to make vassals so you can better focus your military might in a direction while they watch your back and act as a buffer (and sometime conqueror too). ▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇ D I P L O M A C Y ▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔ Values have been change to make realm divide less treacherous. So if your relationship with your allies is good enough, they won't betray you. Some might, but most won't if you get along with them, especially if you have relation that has been established since the beginning of your campaign.
Last edited by TAKEDA 🔴 SHINGEN; May 3, 2019 @ 7:27am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Strugglenaut May 6, 2019 @ 9:44am 
You have it listed that the maximum number of ninja you're allowed to recruit per faction is 1. In-game, the cap is five. Anecdotally, a ninja cap of 1 is kind of horrifying.
TAKEDA 🔴 SHINGEN  [developer] May 6, 2019 @ 10:00am 
The cap is one in-game too. Even if it states that the cap is 5, it isn't.
fab_89 May 6, 2019 @ 1:02pm 
i wonder how to get the changes? download the mod again?
Rachel L May 6, 2019 @ 1:38pm 
Originally posted by Strugglenaut:
You have it listed that the maximum number of ninja you're allowed to recruit per faction is 1. In-game, the cap is five. Anecdotally, a ninja cap of 1 is kind of horrifying.
Takeda, i am forced to agree with that.
1 ninja only is horrible. I would say at least 2 ninjas and 2 geishas (especially geishas since they are soo easy to counter).
And shouldnt the clans that focus on one type of agent (tokugawa, uesugi, hattori) get at least 1 extra agent of their type avaible?
Rachel L May 6, 2019 @ 1:38pm 
Originally posted by fab_89:
i wonder how to get the changes? download the mod again?
If you are subscribed, it should update automatically. Its not save game compatible tough.
TAKEDA 🔴 SHINGEN  [developer] May 6, 2019 @ 4:52pm 
As stated earlier this week, for now its 1 ninja, no more no less. There will be 5 agent ninja when their skill tree will be done and their assassination chance decrease by a lot even at their max level. Assassination is always a gamble and ninja didn't assassinate as much as they spied and did other very useful thing like scouting, etc. So my guess is a ninja at max level with his skill maxed for assassination could get at best 60% chance of success.
TAKEDA 🔴 SHINGEN  [developer] May 6, 2019 @ 4:52pm 
Oh and this won't be subject to suggestion, FYI.
Rachel L May 6, 2019 @ 5:25pm 
Jeez man, calm down. Not everyone have seen what you said one week ago. Also, really? Not subject to suggestion? You know whats the impression you give by saying that? The rich kid who owns the soccer ball and when he doesnt like that he/his team isnt winning he grabs the ball and leaves.

You should always be open to suggestions, you may not agree or implement then because your vision for the mod is different or you think you have a better idea. But saying what you said will only make people dislike you, its impolite (-20 diplomatic relations :p ).

About the max 60% chance of assassination, from what i played of vanilla, a experienced ninja only has that high of chance IF he is focused on that and the general/agent is low rank, but i may be remembering wrong.

PS: yoy havent answered my question in the comments.
Last edited by Rachel L; May 6, 2019 @ 5:25pm
TAKEDA 🔴 SHINGEN  [developer] May 6, 2019 @ 5:46pm 
I'm calm, don't worry so much. It doesn't matter the impression I give. I'm open to suggestions (any suggestion), the simple fact that I answered the suggestion proves it. And my answer was not about the suggestion per se, just related to the subject, and it was and still is : The maximum success chance of ninja will be around 60%. And saying that THIS isn't subject to suggestion isn't being close minded. It just standing my ground on what I want to do with this mod. And you're right, I'm pretty much like Nobuhide (or more like his son Nobunaga), I don't care much. And if I don't answer all comments, it's because it becomes at one point spamming. Or feel like so. Especially if my answers would be mostly negative. I don't have time to go point by point all the time. Especially if the questions are not interesting or have been already answered or worst are more like an imposed vision of what other people want my mod to be or asking impossible thing to mod. And mostly, sometime I'm just not in the mood, but if I don't answer when I read the comment, I won't ever answer it so I must answer them when I read them.
naughtybynature May 13, 2019 @ 8:10pm 
Such a good mod with so many good elements, but the amount of crashes makes it unplayable. Such a shame.
TAKEDA 🔴 SHINGEN  [developer] Dec 17, 2019 @ 5:53pm 
Just a note for anyone reading this thread as of Dec 12th 2019, there's actually no crashes playing this mod.
NoSanaNoLife Feb 8, 2020 @ 8:14am 
Hey Takeda, I just want to say thanks for making this. I like your style; specifically when you are saying that some aspects are not open to suggestion. You have a vision and goal for how you want this overhaul to play. I respect that and look forward to the development.
Sharko Mar 17, 2020 @ 9:09pm 
Can i ask about samurai unit cap. And there is anyway to incresae the cap? i want to known exactly to have right strategy
TAKEDA 🔴 SHINGEN  [developer] Mar 18, 2020 @ 4:08am 
These figures are approximate and may vary depending on the clan you are playing:

Artillery (Cannons) = 10

Artillery (Mangonel) = None

Cavalry (Missile) = 20

Cavalry (Yari) = 20 (30 for Takeda)

Cavalry (Light) = 30 (50 for Takeda)

Bow Samurai = 20 (30 for Chosokabe)

Monk units = 20 for almost everyone of them

Kisho Ninja = 10 (25 for Hattori and 15 for Tokugawa)

Katana Samurai = 20 for almost every one (30 for Shimazu)

Ashigaru units = Infinite
TAKEDA 🔴 SHINGEN  [developer] Mar 18, 2020 @ 4:08am 
I will probably rework the unit caps lol
< >
Showing 1-15 of 21 comments
Per page: 1530 50