RimWorld

RimWorld

Roads of the Rim
Grenztruppe Jun 1, 2020 @ 11:59am
Not able to work due to too less resources with ISR2G
Might be my incompetence, but when I try to build a stone road with the ISR2G, work cancels after a second due to too less resources.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
loconeko73  [developer] Jun 4, 2020 @ 7:40pm 
Thanks for the coment. Make sure you have a bit of all the resources needed to build the road and try again. Also when forming the caravan make sure the ISR2G is indeed in the caravan. YOu can find it in colonists under road equipment, it's not in items.
Micah Jun 16, 2020 @ 12:16pm 
I brought along a bit of each needed thing (1% of each) but it still didn't work. I made sure to bring along the ISR2G as well, and a construction worker. Unfortunately I don't have a fleet of pack animals to carry the tons of stone to build a road, so I'm not sure how to use this mod for anything other than dirt roads for now. 😢
Micah Jun 18, 2020 @ 9:34pm 
The issue was that ISR2G still requires *steel*, it only removes the need for wood/stone. Upon my 5th reading of the item description I realized this.

Consider making it a bit more clear in the item description that steel, plasteel, etc. are still required?
Gunseeker Jun 24, 2020 @ 11:02pm 
Originally posted by Micah:
The issue was that ISR2G still requires *steel*, it only removes the need for wood/stone. Upon my 5th reading of the item description I realized this.

Consider making it a bit more clear in the item description that steel, plasteel, etc. are still required?

I ran into this exact same issue... I thought the ISR2G made all resources free as well, and only noticed the description after like my 3rd read. I agree that you should make the description a little more clear.
Project Thylacine Jun 29, 2020 @ 7:18pm 
Same issue. Description is misleading about the ISR2G
Darbie Jul 25, 2020 @ 2:32pm 
Is this still the way it is? The description as of today is that it "completely eliminating the need to bring wood, stone, steel, Chemfuel, Plasteel and Uranium at the cost of twice the work."

I haven't actually tried it yet.
loconeko73  [developer] Jul 25, 2020 @ 8:12pm 
Originally posted by Darbie:
Is this still the way it is? The description as of today is that it "completely eliminating the need to bring wood, stone, steel, Chemfuel, Plasteel and Uranium at the cost of twice the work."

Yes, that's what the AISR2G does
Darbie Jul 26, 2020 @ 9:06pm 
Originally posted by loconeko73:
Originally posted by Darbie:

Yes, that's what the AISR2G does
Sorry if I wasn't specific enough. I was asking if I still needed to have the resources in my inventory; the one time I took the AISR2G out with me on a trade mission, I could tell it to build but nothing happened. It was daytime, my group was stopped. It just didn't ever start building.

Editing to add: Just tried making it with only the AISR2G and it didn't allow me to start. How much of the materials do I need in my caravan's inventory to actually get the road work going? Or do I need multiple AISR2G?
Last edited by Darbie; Jul 26, 2020 @ 9:32pm
Darbie Jul 28, 2020 @ 12:22am 
I figured out what's happening. I'm trying to build Glitter Roads, and it's still taking the Components and Advanced Components. I don't see anywhere in the mod description that it says the AISR2G does not remove those costs.

I tested it by bringing enough stuff for one piece of road, and I still have ALL of the materials besides the Component and Adv. Component; those were spent entirely.
Micah Jul 28, 2020 @ 4:56am 
The description for both items say what resources they remove, but they don't list what resources are still needed.
Woof Aug 26, 2020 @ 12:45pm 
So I still need 20 regular components and 10 advanced components? That's... annoying.
It's not like they're excessively expensive but advanced components are a pain to get that many of.
Last edited by Woof; Aug 26, 2020 @ 1:48pm
Felios May 22, 2022 @ 10:54am 
People are bad at reading (me too that's why I'm in this thread) and when I saw the first part of "wood, stone, steel, Chemfuel, Plasteel and Uranium" I just assumed the rest of the sentence mentioned *every* needed resource. It wasn't until after I got the same message Grenztruppe did, and did some looking around in UIs to make sure I had the AISR2G in my caravan, that I read the description again and realized there was items missing from the list. I think any extra detail would help even if it just says "components and advanced components aren't gathered"
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50