Arma 3
Auto Weapon Lower
Ethos Mar 23, 2020 @ 3:09pm
ACE Check ammo bug
Just noticed that when I check the ammo in my current magazine through ACE my weapon won't automatically go back down again at all. I made sure that none of the "checks" were in effect. Not a huge deal, just thought you'd like to know.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Thoreaufare  [developer] Apr 11, 2020 @ 12:20am 
Holy crap I forgot to reply to this discussion. Thank you for bringing this up because I keep forgetting to tackle this.

Right now nothing special happens when you check ammo with ACE. Since that particular animation causes you to raise your weapon, it resets AWL and starts the auto-lowering timer again.

What I need to do is check if a player's weapon was lowered before than animation began, and if so, return them to lowering once the animation is done, just like I do for the player inventory.
Thoreaufare  [developer] Jun 23, 2020 @ 8:47am 
Ok, so I partially fixed this. You were right, checking ammo with ACE would cause AWL to temporarily break. This was because checking your ammo, as far as AWL was concerned, was the same as reloading. But since you were only ever checking the ammo, the reloading flag never went false so AWL thought you were still reloading all the time. This would only fix itself once you reloaded your gun or picked up an item.

I have since fix that functionality so checking your ammo will no longer trick AWL into thinking you are reloading. That being said, I haven't been able to reliably add the functionality of immediately lowering your weapon after checking ammo, so you'll have to wait for the normal timeout.
< >
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
Per page: 1530 50