Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

RP Truenorth
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Statua  [developer] Dec 25, 2018 @ 7:44am
Technical Support
Having issues? See if your problem has been answered here. If not, post about it. Leave details such as pics or console logs.

Please try the following before posting:
-Restart your computer
-Unsubscribe to all 3 addons, delete them manually from garrysmod/garrysmod/addons, and resubscribe. Restart gmod once after you've launched it and the addons are unpacked
-Load into gm_flatgrass first, then load into rp_truenorth
-If you're opted in to any betas for Garry's Mod opt out
-Disable all addons except Truenorth and both content packs and restart gmod (if this solves it, find out what addon is the cuplret and share it here)
-Verify local game cache
-Update video drivers
-Save your garrysmod/garrysmod/data folder, completely uninstall gmod and delete any remaining folders, and reinstall

Last edited by Statua; Dec 30, 2018 @ 6:57pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 85 comments
Julian Dec 25, 2018 @ 9:52am 
I have CSS and Half Life 2 And Both Content packs but i still have errors and missing textures
Statua  [developer] Dec 25, 2018 @ 10:33am 
@julian make sure you've subscribed and successfully downloaded both content packs that are required. You will have to restart your game once they've downloaded and unpacked.
Rhyster07 Dec 26, 2018 @ 5:36pm 
i have downlowded the map and adons but when i spawn in all of my textures are gone
Rhyster07 Dec 26, 2018 @ 5:37pm 
but i am in Australia if that makes a diference
larry sommers Dec 28, 2018 @ 10:07am 
My friend is trying to play with me. He downloaded the map, and the addons, Let them unpack, restarted the game, he has textures for everything except for a few parkings lots and the sky is really dark for him, any idea why? Thanks! :steamhappy:
Statua  [developer] Dec 28, 2018 @ 12:04pm 
Originally posted by Ebart_:
My friend is trying to play with me. He downloaded the map, and the addons, Let them unpack, restarted the game, he has textures for everything except for a few parkings lots and the sky is really dark for him, any idea why? Thanks! :steamhappy:
That is very strange. Im not sure. It could very likely be an addon conflict. If you find a solution, please do share.
Last edited by Statua; Dec 28, 2018 @ 12:05pm
CleoAngelicHeart Dec 29, 2018 @ 12:41am 
I subscribe and game dont working. Can You help me whats going on?
Cactus Dec 29, 2018 @ 5:50pm 
I have all of the content packs and the map, yet it crashes when the loading bar is two squares away from completing during "Initializing game data" (I am on MacOS if that does anything)
Statua  [developer] Dec 29, 2018 @ 8:47pm 
Originally posted by Cleo:
I subscribe and game dont working. Can You help me whats going on?

Originally posted by TheCactus27:
I have all of the content packs and the map, yet it crashes when the loading bar is two squares away from completing during "Initializing game data" (I am on MacOS if that does anything)

Both of you. How many addons have you subscribed to? Do you have x64 enabled, if so, disable it from the beta section. What have you tried doing to resolve the issue yourself?
Cactus Dec 30, 2018 @ 6:17am 
I've tried starting the game with just the map and the content, x64 was already disabled, but still run into the same problem
Statua  [developer] Dec 30, 2018 @ 6:51pm 
Originally posted by TheCactus27:
I've tried starting the game with just the map and the content, x64 was already disabled, but still run into the same problem

I made a list of things to try in the main post just now. Give them a try and let me know if you find a solution.

Originally posted by Statua:
Please try the following before posting:
-Restart your computer
-Unsubscribe to all 3 addons, delete them manually from garrysmod/garrysmod/addons, and resubscribe. Restart gmod once after you've launched it and the addons are unpacked
-Load into gm_flatgrass first, then load into rp_truenorth
-If you're opted in to any betas for Garry's Mod opt out
-Disable all addons except Truenorth and both content packs and restart gmod (if this solves it, find out what addon is the cuplret and share it here)
-Verify local game cache
-Update video drivers
-Save your garrysmod/garrysmod/data folder, completely uninstall gmod and delete any remaining folders, and reinstall
Last edited by Statua; Dec 30, 2018 @ 6:57pm
Svejda714 Jan 10, 2019 @ 3:35pm 
How do I stop trees from moving? some only move slightly, but others very erratically/violently and it's killing my framerate.
Statua  [developer] Jan 10, 2019 @ 4:20pm 
trees moving shouldnt affect fps
Hello Statua, with the update, me and my friend crash with the message ''map differs from server" can you help? Thanks.
Statua  [developer] Jan 21, 2019 @ 11:41am 
Originally posted by Creepy Silhouette:
Hello Statua, with the update, me and my friend crash with the message ''map differs from server" can you help? Thanks.
Try this:
Originally posted by Statua:
Last edited by Statua; Jan 21, 2019 @ 11:41am
< >
Showing 1-15 of 85 comments
Per page: 1530 50