Garry's Mod

Garry's Mod

RP Truenorth
 This topic has been pinned, so it's probably important
Statua  [developer] Dec 25, 2018 @ 7:41am
Suggestions
Have an idea for the map? Maybe something could be done differently or added? Post it here. Minor changes likely will be added in the bugfix update. Larger ideas will be archived for a future v2.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 70 comments
Markus Dec 25, 2018 @ 8:09am 
1. Maybe make one or two shops themed on Railway Ave.
2. A few more open spaces for building your own.
3. The steel factory might go unused as it is pretty big.
This ofc depends on the playercount of a server.
Pollux Dec 25, 2018 @ 9:49am 
At this villa house with the two "bridge" sections linking to the other part of it i.imgur.com/umuuS62.jpg. One of the bridges lead to a dead-end i.imgur.com/NkOf7zR.jpg, i.imgur.com/ILPzSQr.jpg. Is there any chance you could add a door here or even just open it up?
Last edited by Pollux; Dec 25, 2018 @ 9:50am
[F.I] BlackDog Dec 25, 2018 @ 10:04am 
I highly suggest changing the old gas station,and the diner to look more like the two from Corner Gas

Cant have a canadian map that looks this much like Saskachiwan without Corner Gas references

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veu-Cm7aHMw

Another suggestion as more of a blanket sweep idea, less permanent prefab props within shops, where I play people LOVE and i mean LOVE to customize the interiors, and exteriors of buildings to an insane degree:

Example: https://i.gyazo.com/cbc91d5ebd4ea234c0aef09615ce6c5e.jpg

As nice as this looks, this actualy will reduce the amount of times people will ever use it, as it is in no way customisable to peoples RP needs.

The same is true with the gas station: https://i.gyazo.com/182584135b3b3dc69e4f073a26814871.jpg

This applys to any shop with an excessive amount of custom props already in place that cannot be moved.

People want to be able to customize them to crazy degrees,and the only way to enable this is to make them empty.

Last edited by [F.I] BlackDog; Dec 25, 2018 @ 10:16am
Statua  [developer] Dec 25, 2018 @ 10:49am 
@blackdog

I agree that the gas station should definitely be a corner gas style station. Same with the diner. Definitely will work on it for v2 tho.

As for interior decorations, its a bit 2 sided and really depends on the server you play on. Some people complain key buildings aren't decorated enough, others complain they want to decorate it themselves. I could make the decorations dynamic models but it would impact framerates. Maybe I'll look into it and see if I can batch them into a single model that can be removed though.

@pollux

I agree. It feels weird to me too but i wanted to see what people thought about it as it's from an actual floor plan. What about turning it into a storage room by putting up a second wall and removing the windows?
HUGO Dec 25, 2018 @ 11:36am 
Hello I suggest to replace the fake building with apartments near the hospital because in my opinion this lack of standard apartment accommodation.
Sorry for my bad English I’m French.
Colin Zeal Dec 25, 2018 @ 4:28pm 
Please add dynamic soundscapes, I hate being in a interior and hearing the forest sounds or being on the main street and not hearing anything. Also an official night version would be pretty nice.
Virgule Dec 25, 2018 @ 10:52pm 
Hello,
There is my suggestions.

The map is "kinda-good" right now because i don't like the fact that a lot of building are useless, and we can't enter in.

For me, the most missing this is: Sewers.
Imagine an big dark underground tunnel, who does path of all the town, with some entrances behind buildings.

Another thing, but it's not really an "suggestion" is that: If you could post an version of the map without all the "basic props" in the map, it would be good, for like basewars servers etc, so they could build whatever they want in the building.
Markus Dec 26, 2018 @ 2:41am 
Could you make all windows (except for maybe the Pres office) non-bulletproof?
Would make taking out hostagetakers, or assassin targets better, or just planning around that in general easier and more realistic.
Markus Dec 26, 2018 @ 2:44am 
Maybe you could also make at least the Town Hall rooms enterable so we could have rooms such as a panic room, security office (for SSA or what have ya), and some regular offices for office clerks.
The G-Man Dec 26, 2018 @ 4:18am 
NPC nodes?
TheGamingGuy Dec 26, 2018 @ 5:08am 
I suggest that you add more rooms in the City/Town Hall. There is much more space to be utilized for other Government Members (e.g Security Teams, Vice President).
Colin Zeal Dec 26, 2018 @ 8:45am 
Originally posted by Nissan GT-R R35:
Hello,
There is my suggestions.

The map is "kinda-good" right now because i don't like the fact that a lot of building are useless, and we can't enter in.

For me, the most missing this is: Sewers.
Imagine an big dark underground tunnel, who does path of all the town, with some entrances behind buildings.

Another thing, but it's not really an "suggestion" is that: If you could post an version of the map without all the "basic props" in the map, it would be good, for like basewars servers etc, so they could build whatever they want in the building.
Kinda like IT? The main street reminds me a lot of it xD.
DaRkNeS Dec 26, 2018 @ 9:50am 
Maybe a night mode?
[F.I] BlackDog Dec 26, 2018 @ 10:46am 
Oohh a night mode would be pretty cool
Statua  [developer] Dec 26, 2018 @ 12:07pm 
I'll add more rooms to town hall for sure. I'll also fix the windows. Thats a bug. As for night mode, I made the mao daynight compatible. Is it not working?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 70 comments
Per page: 1530 50